[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck technology.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: technology.png (284 KB, 657x1523) Image search: [Google]
technology.png
284 KB, 657x1523
Fuck technology.
>>
>>52453510
>>/out/
>>
>boo hoo, white people are making life even more awesome for white people, while lesser peoples don't even have electricity.

cry harder, faggot.
>>
>>52453633
this

stop pretending the poor matter for fucks sake
>>
>>52453510
what is this comic trying to say? Aside from DAE hate white nerds
>>
whoever made this comic is probably unemployed and on tumblr 24/7 instead of helping these people they pretend to care about
>>
>>52453790
It's saying that nerd culture is retarded white people nonsense and consumerism at its worst. It's also saying that nerds are fucking worthless.
>>
>>52453510
>it's better to be a trashman than to sit at home all day and play vidya even after we've entered the age of abundance

gee i wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>52453872

wow. how profound.

why don't you explain exactly what the problem is, you cunt?
>>
>>52453872
>it's the manufacturers' fault people throw away older models of things
keep telling yourself that

it's nerds who make these things possible in the first place, there's probably more nerds who hold onto things that are old yet functional than ones who only stick to the latest
>>
>>52453633
>natural selection
>working
'what has this planet become, tumblr?'
>>
Is this the guy who sold a bunch of merchandise, but after collecting the money, refused to send any of the actual merch while shouting something about consumerism?
>>
>>52454005
Sounds like whoever did that did the right thing. Taking money away from dumbasses who would just spend it on inane, worthless garbage.
>>
ITT: some ass-mad nerds.

Ironically, proving the OPs point.
>>
>>52456011
>>
>>52456011

what is the point?
>>
>>52453510
I stopped caring about this gay shitty image when it went off about "A BLOO BLOO BLOO POOR PEOPLE"
>>
>these assmad nerds ITT
OP isn't even wrong, thanks for destroying technology with your insatiable sheep consumerism and gimmickery.
>>
>>52453633
>>52453729
>be racist of shit
>be into technology
>get mad when non-whites want in and are offended by blatant racism
>call them SJWs
This is why nobody takes you honkeys seriously
>>
File: 1379216074132.png (31 KB, 191x196) Image search: [Google]
1379216074132.png
31 KB, 191x196
>2016
>not realizing that technology has increased the span of human communication but has not brought us any closer to our fellow man
>>
>>52453729
Hello, just a socially competent, mentally sound normie passing through. One question: How the fuck do people like you exist and how are you living in modern society? We dont want you. No one does.
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/22/the-tech-utopia-nobody-wants-why-the-world-nerds-are-creating-will-be-awful

FUCK YOU, /g/, you worthless little cretins
>>
rampant consumerism is negative

"nerd culture" (why do these people attempt to quantify & label everything when theres no reason?) is not inherently tied up in rampant consumerism

i just like building potato cannons alright leave me alone
>>
File: 1428309104482.jpg (159 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1428309104482.jpg
159 KB, 1500x1500
>>52453510
The real irony is that this comic is not only digitally distributed, but digitally created. This means that the author, while bitching and lamenting about "nerd culture" and the digital age, ignored his own supposed misgivings and embraced the life's work of countless "nerds" to give us this angsty piece of shit comic

Bonus points because OP is delivering said comic to us via a worldwide network of the devices he claims are destroying society

tl;dr you are a hypocrite and you should kill yourself
>>
>>52458001
You're exactly the type of guy who would have told poor Vietnamese farmers that using American guns they've gathered from dead enemy combatants would be hypocritical as they are tools of the enemy.

Using nerd tools to tell nerds they're shit and that they've ruined the world is just righteous irony.
>>
>>52458001
>totally misses the point
>>
>>52457073
POO
>>
>>52457073
>>get mad when non-whites want in
Um, that's cultural appropriation
>>
Where's the joke
>>
>>52457974
>that smug look
>opening your article with an insult to people who don't think like you

>>52453510
>These people are terrible, let me explain in a long blog post why they are terrible, basically because they value different things to me, but i'll do it as a shitty comic in order to appear deep
>>
This attacks 'nerd culture' directly but really, 'nerd culture' is just heavily infected with strong consumerism. Like attacking the person who caught the disease, it's short sighted and doesn't actually even accomplish what it wants.
>>
>>52457939
Then why don't you go to Africa and help these people yo so care about?

Go on, you care about them and so should everybody else, and that's why you spend every day raising money for them, and plan every vacation to do volunteer work.

Oh you don't?

The most you "care" about them is to post online about how much you care about them?
>>
>>52453510
>that isn't the crushing vacousness of their lives
Yeah well, what can I do with my life anyway? Giving money to poo in loos and mindlessly helping others wont really give my life value, just make it look like it does.
>>
>>52453510
>spotting the dropout
>>
>>52453807
The person who made the comic is, iirc, dead.
>>
>>52458348

Lolberals don't give their own money away. They give away other peoples money and act like they're the ones making the sacrifice.
>>
>>52453510
I'm quite a nerd, but I don't waste my time with science fiction or gadgets. I last bought new electronics in 2009.

More importantly: if the comic (or any other such thing) makes you uncomfortable, perhaps there's something wrong with you.
>>
>>52458325
This.
If you believe its a moral obligation to help the third world - paying tax and demanding your government do it is not enough. Sponsoring a fake african kid you got talked into at the mall is not enough.
The reality is nobody really gives a shit but youre a monster if you dont pretend like you do. Even the people who go over to build villages and schools and shit go on drugs and sex adventures 90% of the time.
>>
>>52453633
This comic is about 5% about race, and the second reply focuses in on it like a Nikon.

But SJWs are the ones who "make things" about race.
>>
>>52453510
230 years ago there were no cars

70 years ago there were no computers

60 years ago a computer took up a large room

43 year ago there were no mobile phones

22 years ago there were no "smart phones"

16 year ago the first phone with any internet browsing was released

The mass adoption of phones has made the tech better, it's made it cheaper, and it's allowing people in impoverished countries to get access to these phones and the internet, allowing them to learn and increase their skills.
>>
>>52453729
Poor people should be shot for being poor. You should be lucky job creators allow you to live.
>>
>in the future being rich and white will be even more awesome
stopped reading there
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.