[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clearing windows 8.1 password
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DTMAYTm.jpg (14 KB, 604x438) Image search: [Google]
DTMAYTm.jpg
14 KB, 604x438
Coworker has me fixing her laptop but neglected to give me a password. I have no way to reach her for a few days. So what are my options for accessing her files before formatting?
>>
>neglected
We all know that you stole it. Give it back nigger.
>>
Try to use a live usb/cd or wait for her to give you the password you nitwit. Do you think your coworker wants to potentially lose their files because you're being impatient?
>>
Boot from a Windows CD, launch cmd, replace utilman.exe with cmd.exe in your system32 directory, reboot to login screen, launch Ease of Access, cmd will come up instead
>net user coworkersusername newpasswordtobeset

Windows security is a bit of a joke.
>>
>>52451444
please be more clear with your steps
>>
>>52451344
Disassemble it, detach the HDD and put it in your own PC. You might have to buy additional SATA power and data cables. Chances are it's not encrypted.
>>
>>52451467
The only way I could make it any clearer is if I would use bullet points instead of commas. If can't figure it out with what I wrote using any search engine you have no business fixing any laptops.
>>
Konboot
>>
>>52451476
Why did I not think of this. I have an external HD enclosure I can mount it on.

Also exposing my computer to a virus infested cesspool sounds like a bad time.
>>
>>52451444
OP here, Thanks for the help.
>>
Hirens boot CD to erase password.
Or ophcrack to find it using dictionaries
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.