[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some answers /g/ got caught trying to leave work with an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_nwlaonArxW1u8df7so1_1280.png (201 KB, 670x566) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwlaonArxW1u8df7so1_1280.png
201 KB, 670x566
Need some answers /g/ got caught trying to leave work with an SSD and was going to be fired until one of my cowrokers told me i could resign and leave a letter saying i'm basically quitting to find work elsewhere. I told my manager and he seemed to be okay with the idea, so basically i had two options either i quit on good terms or let them fire me with bad letter.I filled the letter of resignation and everything seems to be okay while i start looking for work elsewhere, will this bite me in the ass when using previous job as reference? I hear they can't give out any of that information since i went with the quit option instead of being fired. I was pretty cool with my manager and supervisors i left on good terms with them, thoughts? I know I'm a piece of shit for it and will never do such a thing again after leaving warehouse with everyone knowing what I have done very embarrassing, never again
>>
Am i fucked for life or can i move on with this hard lesson?
>>
you should be good, by law employer can only mention what position you had and for however long
>>
>>52441149
is this true?
>>
>>52441178
In the US, yes. If they bad talk you, then you can sue them for defamation.

You should have just let them fire you. You get that sweet, sweet unemployment. If you resign, you don't get to claim it.
>>
>>52441214
but then i can't use em as reference
>>
>>52441214
they can't even mention he stole???
>>
>>52441214
>unemployment
>for being fired

eh?
>>
>>52441318
don't think it works like that
>>
>>52441318

He can't. To get unemployment ypu have to be fired for something that isnt your fault. Layoffs or improper firing are the two main reasons.
>>
Can they mention i was stealing even though i resigned on my good terms or is it defamation?
>>
>>52441488
i need this answered pls
>>
>>52441488
I would like to know this as well
>>
>>52441214
this law doesnt really work the way people thinks
>potential employer calls back reference
>previous employer tells about what happened
>potential employer says okay thanks, and then says youre not right for the job/they found someone better qualified without ever mentioning the incident.
>>
>>52441610
does this actually happen? I would guess only if they hated the way you worked prior
>>
>>52441642
does it happen?
yes
does it happen often?
no

chances are, unless youre working for some fancy place they wont even check your references.
chances are IF they call your references some no-name answers and says you worked there and was average.

chances are in your favor. but sometimes it DOES happen
>>
>>52441488
If it ever comes up tell them you were just borrowing it.
:v)
>>
>>52441751
why do places even care about non-professional references?

weird.
>>
>>52441794
if youre lying references chances are theres something else youre hiding.
>>
>>52441178
It's technically true. Some employers will ignore this, and there's very little that you can do about it. It's your word against theirs, unless the third party they talked to will testify on your behalf, but it's not like they would typically have any incentive to. Most of the time they wouldn't even bother to tell you why you were not hired in the first place, or at best tell you that they filled the position with someone more qualified, which would cover their own asses legally.
>>
>>52441100
>>52441085

Stop helping this thief /g/.
>>
>>52442025
I learned my lesson faggot, leaving the warehouse with everyone looking at me like vultures was embarrassing enough, never again
>>
>>52442025
You in charge now?
>>
>>52442118
Hardly anyone ever steals. You must have nigger DNA. Don't worry, employers will avoid hiring you based on your skin color.
>>
>>52442118
With that sort of attitude it sounds like you would happily steal if you thought you could get away with it.
Of course this is obvious by the fact you tried it to begin with.

Whatever happened to integrity?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.