[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Purchased AMD at 3.01 How bad did I fuck up? What should I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: ll.png (232 KB, 2288x780) Image search: [Google]
ll.png
232 KB, 2288x780
Purchased AMD at 3.01
How bad did I fuck up?
What should I do?
>>
>>52439585
kys senpai
>>
anon BTFO & ON SUICIDE WATCH
>>
stocks are a retarted and an even more retarded system to base an international economy on.

keep them, forget about them, don't touch them. then you will do your part to keeping the economy stable.
>>
Realistically, just pray someone buys out AMD. But I'm not sure who the buyer would be, anyone have any theories?
>>
>>52439654
There wont be any buyer nor a bankruptcy the cross architecture deal is too sweet to lose, they'll stay low until intel or nvidia fucks up
>>
>>52439585
sell now, buy back in at ~$1.66
>>
>>52439643
>stocks are a retarted and an even more retarded system to base an international economy on.
Setting aside that that you can't re-tart something, it is clear that you do not understand what purpose "stocks" are intended to have, nor what secondary purposes they serve in "an international economy". Specifically, you seem to be referring to "listings on public stock exchanges" as "stocks" rather than the actual concept of holding stock as owning shares of a company, be it public or private.

I would recommend you do further reading before commenting on this topic in the future.
>>
Bought 50 at 2.24 and bought 50 more just today at 2.02. New to all this so even if I lose some it's just a learning experience for me anyway. I think it's probably for the best to wait till the end of the year for it to go up. That or AMD is actually kill for real this time.

(Also I've always used Intel/Nvidia)
>>
>>52441082

Can you really afford the transaction fees on buying $100 worth of stock?

It would cost me 35 euro in transaction fees just to buy it and again to sell it.
>>
>>52441254
maybe he's using robinhood
>>
>>52441254
My bank is my broker. I pay 4 euro + 0.09% per transaction. Also gotta pay 4 euro every 3 months.
>>
>>52441475
for international trading?
if so it's not that bad
>>
>>52441382
>robinhood
is this any good/trustworthy?
>>
>>52441493
Yeah it seems pretty good
>>
>>52441524
yes, it takes a while to get approved though
>>
that stock doesn't even look like it pays a dividend, how dumb are you to buy any shares?
>>
>>52439585
You bought it on the way up like an idiot, stock prices fluctuate like crazy.
I'm In at 1.70, I knew I should have sold at 3.00 to cucks like you
>>
>>52441475

What bank is that?
>>
File: kk.jpg (384 KB, 1536x860) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
384 KB, 1536x860
>>52441619
If it makes you feel any better, I still live with my mom and thats my only retirement savings moved over from my last companies 401k
>>
>>52441683
ING, Dutch bank
>>
>>52439585
>Buying at the fucking 6 month high

Holy shit anon wtf even retards on biz aren't that dumb.

Bought in last fall for 2.00 sold at 2.75 this year.

Also if you had bought call options you would have saved yourself some losses.

Cut your losses now its going to dip further after Q4 reports.
Buy back in at Q4 2016 when Zen is released. Also the whole semiconductor industry was down 8% today even
Intel dropped 10%.
>>
>>52442185
I hate myself right now, I was all excited from having an IRA for the first time.
>>
>>52442231
Just take a lesson from this and cut your losses now Q4 2015 is going to be abysmal even if GPU sales grew.
>>
At this stage it's better to own AMD debt than equity, that way you can asset-strip some IP when they go bust.
>>
>>52441082
>New to all this so even if I lose some it's just a learning experience for me anyway.

One thing you need to learn, and unfortunately it's likely going to be the hard way (it is with most people who try to do their own investing), is to not watch your stocks constantly, and don't panic and sell if they dip in price--at least not with legitimate stocks; penny stocks on the other hand...well, you shouldn't be fucking around with those anyway, unless you happen to be the one running the pump and dump scheme.

The more you are able to separate your own emotions from your investment decision making, the better off you will be. That's easier said than done though, and that's a great reason to consider hiring a professional to do it for you.
>>
>>52439585
better get to shillling zen op
>>
I don't get why the market doesn't trust AMD. They have a complete monopoly on both CPU and GPU for all gaming consoles for the next 8 or so years.

Their PC CPU's market was always about low budget stuff, and they still compete with Intel in that sector.
>>
Wait it out, stocks take time and patience, wait until and releases zen, they should go up significantly if its popular with the buyers.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (38 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
38 KB, 560x560
>>52439585
>>
>>52442806
>8 years
Nope.png
Both Microsoft & Sony are currently already looking at the options for their next console.
Not saying they're going to be announcing a new console this, next or even the year after - but they're not going for the same longevity as they had with the previous generation.
Part of the reason is that this generation of consoles have been a LOT more profitable for both companies in terms of hardware - though an even bigger reason is that consoles are ALREADY showing a lot of strain in trying to run all of their intended features + the latest games simultaneously - a lot more than they had expected.

Previous generation consoles stuck to just the gaming + some light extras which were low level OS type stuff. Current generation consoles do OS, games + extras.
The extras work okay in the background, but when told to work alongside anything else actively going on, it can seriously hinder their performance and like I mentioned, games are already pushing the consoles more than their developers/designers had expected.
Games are chugging. It's not enough that they're still often locked to 720 or 900p, often at 30fps too - some of the more demanding games are still chugging as they fail to appropriately handle the strain.

Examples? Two come easily to mind; Battlefield 4 & Tom Clancey's The Division. I'm not a console gamer though, so while there is no doubt a lot more games doing it, they're the only two I can personally put my words to.
>>
How do I play the stock market with 100 dollars
>>
>$3,500 in the red

Time to kill yourself, baka desu senpai
>>
>>52443182
You don't. 100 is NOTHING to the stockmarket and you'll never make a penny due to fees.
You play with a minimum of 1000.
>>
>>52439585
They climb pretty high once they announce shit.

Just gotta wait for them to announce.

Also.
>Buying AMD at 3.01
Yes.
They usually hang around at around 1.8
>>
>>52443164
Yeah, but I don't see either Sony or Microsoft going with a $200+ intel CPU for a $400 console. Bulk discounts are not that massive.

Even intel is going away from the power user market, all their recent efforts have focused on lower power consumption. As long as AMD is cheap enough console makers will look at them.
>>
Red Hat frequently has bumps when they release a new major version.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.