[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say I did post my IP here, what could you do with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1452826454225.png (52 KB, 476x406) Image search: [Google]
1452826454225.png
52 KB, 476x406
Let's say I did post my IP here, what could you do with it if I had firewall with a good av and updated windows.
>>
>>52437830
>What could i do with it

Ping you to death
>>
>>52437830
Combine our neetbux to purchase a botnet to fuck your tight asshole
>>
>>52437830
Nothing, this is a consumerism board
>>
The 4Chan van will come to your house and tickle you butthole with clown dildoed.
>>
File: 12345.jpg (11 KB, 313x40) Image search: [Google]
12345.jpg
11 KB, 313x40
>>52438384
r8 my octets
>>
Nothing lol. I'll prove it too. My ip is 192.168.1.106. Post yours too.
>>
>>52438454
Come get me fuckers
>>
>>52438427
>using a public address range on a private network
>>
I would not do shit, but I expect someone else would and would read the thread.
>>
192.168.1.1, it's my printer fucks... Do your worst!
>>
Come at me fucker
>>
>>52438598
Why not? I can put it to better use than the department of defense. Get on my subnetwork level brah.
>>
dare you not
>>
To all these people giving local IP addresses: you guys are fucking hilarious.
>>
>>52439151
mine is 192.168.1.108
faggot
>>
>>52439215

Ha, wait until you see THIS payload.
>>
>>52438454
>mfw I have the same IP

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WIZARDRY
>>
I dare you to try and hack me

You fucks couldn't hack you way into a wet paper bag
>>
>>52437830
>implying attacks based on IP are effective anymore

Unless you live 12 years ago on a Dial-Up connection, there ain't much we can do.

We could maybe cause you a slight inconvenience through DoS attacks. But if you live basically anywhere else other than the US or Australia, you should be mostly fine because you wouldn't have an Internet connection equivalent to a turtle running to the server room with your information on it's back.

Could also get an approximate location through a WHOIS service. Depending on the accuracy, we could then proceed to send you pizza or a SWAT team. One of which will most likely land us in trouble eventually, so it's not worth the risk.

People seem to be mass panicked about this shit and I don't know why. We are not a three letter agency. We can't get a court order demanding your ISP provide us with your exact address, or anything else of the sort.

The only thing an IP leak would be useful in is pranking.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.