[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/spa/ Smartphone Advice General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: spa_thankssenpaianon.jpg (178 KB, 628x396) Image search: [Google]
spa_thankssenpaianon.jpg
178 KB, 628x396
A place to collect every thread with smartphone questions

Ask other anons for advices and experiences with smartphones
---
Previous thread
>>52381944
>>
>>52437551
I want a Priv in my heart and my brain can't come up with any counter-arguments. please convince me that i shouldn't buy one

current phone: HTC One m7
>>
>>52437653

>physical keyboard
>blackberry version of Android is pretty shit
>trying to play games is a joke
>that screen glare
>having your flip mechanism wear out in 3 months and being stuck with a shitter Galaxy S5

Need I say more? Get an S6 / 6s
>>
>>52437846
>buying samshit

opinion discarded thanks for playing
>>
File: Lumia-950-hero-jpg.jpg (75 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Lumia-950-hero-jpg.jpg
75 KB, 750x750
So I need a new phone because my Nexus 4 has started failing to make calls.
I'm a bit tired of Android in general, and Google had me disappointed when the N4 didn't get Marshmallow.

How is Botnet Phone nowadays ?
I'm thinking the Lumia 950 looks like an all right option, but even after watching reviews I honestly have no idea what to expect from it because they don't really talk about the ups and downs of the OS other than "muh apps."

Anyone want to share their experiences with Botnet Phone 10 in general ? Maybe even the Lumia 950 specifically ?

The only app I'm really concerned about is Dropbox, but I assume that is on there.
Steam would be nice to have though, is that on there ?
How about a decent ssh client ? I've heard that PuTTY is on its way to phones, but is there anything noteworthy right now ?
>>
I just ordered a project fi sim card this morning.

I paid for 1 day shipping but they said there's 1-2 days of "processing". is there any chance that it'll actually send out today?
>>
File: blu-win-jr-lte1.jpg (47 KB, 526x546) Image search: [Google]
blu-win-jr-lte1.jpg
47 KB, 526x546
>>52437551
Should I buy this?
My current phone is LG Optimus L7(P705). It is very laggy sometimes I cant even answer calls in time because it freezes.
I dont use any apps that are not avaliable on windows phone.
>>
Absolute best android for ~$200-250?
>>
someone talk me out of getting a blu vivo air lte

american on tmobile, has all the bands i'll ever use
>>
>>52438501
>I dont use any apps that are not avaliable on windows phone.
Well then you have zero reasons left to not get one. Still though, if you get a WP, it's better to just get a Lumia. Better software support.
>>
>>52437978
I've used Lumias as our backup/burner phone before, and honestly..awesome li'l interface, but the support and development just isn't there. Like, yeah, there is of course an official dropbox client. Try finding it on the phone in the app store itself though. You think the Play store has a spam problem? Almost everything is scammy on Windows Phone apart from a few official apps, which are never the top of the results.

Tired of Android? May Isuggest iPhone? It's great. I myself am moving from iPhone to a Nexus 6, but only because I'm not tired of Android. But those are the two only options as a mobile platform, I'm afraid.
>>
>>52437978
>>52438667
Oh, one more thing, haven't used the 950 at all. Read the reviews, looks great. But Windows. Haven't used an ssh client on it, I'm pretty sure Steam isn't there, and honestly Windows 10 is good but a step behind in some ways than 8, they just almost always nearly make the right decisions, they're iterating toward a great platform, but it's a permanent also-ran.
>>
I got my new phone today (ASUS ZenFone 2 laser) , what apps should I install ?
>>
>>52438667
>>52438740
Again with "muh apps." The only apps I care about even a little are the ones I mentioned before, and the only one I can't live without is Dropbox.
Steam and ssh are both just a bonus if they're there, I almost always have my laptop with me when I want want to use either of these.
The only apps I've installed from the Play store on my Nexus 4 are Dropbox, Steam, and Nova launcher, I've opened the Play store exactly once to install anything since I upgraded my phone to 5.1.1, all other times I've touched it have been to update existing apps.

I'm sure I can manage to sift through the bullshit on Windows' store once to get Dropbox.

What I'm really interested is how the OS itself and its included apps are.
How is Outlook ?
Can you change the size of text throughout the whole system ?
Is Edge any good ?
How is the keyboard ?
Does it import my contacts from Google ?
What are the downsides, if any, aside from the lack of apps that I do not care about ?
>>
>>52438875
whatever the fuck you want

we don't know what you like smdh
>>
>>52438667
i'm glad i have a lumia as a backup phone. it's quick and not too bad. i use it at the gym or if i'm doing chores outside for a long time.

now that my primary phone broke though, i'm seeing why it's not my primary again. it's buggy as hell- even the browser app just glitches and quits repeatedly. kik is horrible on it.

i ordered a cheap ass android just to keep my sanity. but yeah i'll use the lumia as a backup but it's too buggy for a daily driver
>>
File: zenfone2.jpg (77 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
zenfone2.jpg
77 KB, 1000x1000
Is it still worth it?
>>
>>52439288
never was

>meme processor
>>
>>52438511
I think that atm the best you can get is the Moto G (3rd gen)
>>
>>52439288
>bulky piece of plastic with unoptimized software, weird buttons placement, no backlight soft keys
>>
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxMugiNgJ2qtWHViS2NyNFpwY1k

>lurking
give me specs you want and I'll check against the Mobile Device /g/uide to see what I find.
>>
>>52438653
This is dirt cheap tho, main reason Im going for windows phone anyway cant find an andoid or ios with similar specs
>>
Given the chance, would you rather daily drive

LG G4
Xperia Z3
S6 Edge +

Assume they're free.
>>
>>52440767
LG G4

currently daily drive an Xperia Z3 and I'm starting to find flaws.

also, fuck curved screens.
>>
Get Xiaomi redmi note 2 or wait for redmi note 4?
>>
>>52439288
its ok but yeah you are better off getting an unlocked g3 running a rom on it.
>>
LG G4 or Nexus 6? Mainly concerned with video quality and battery life.

G4 is $225 used, Nexus 6 is $250 new
>>
>>52440927
get redmi note 3 pro
>>
>>52438875
How is it and where did you order from?
>>
>>52437551
Moto X Pure Edition, Nexus 5x, or LG G4? Need phone still on the fence about buying, need good battery life and not sure if I want botnet.
>>
File: Crazy_Kaci.gif (790 KB, 365x361) Image search: [Google]
Crazy_Kaci.gif
790 KB, 365x361
Alright, so I have a Nexus 5 and as of recently the WiFi has been acting strange. I try to turn it on and it stays stuck on "Turning on Wifi" and I'm not sure how to fix this. I've done a factory reset and that didn't fix it unfortunately. What else can I try or do to maybe fix this?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>52440295
Best camera and battery life for US? I won't use apps at all besides GPS and music player.
Unlimited price range but I don't imagine needing the best and greatest unless that's where what I want falls.

Bonus points if it's got a sexy design.
>>
File: Capture.png (162 KB, 1895x759) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
162 KB, 1895x759
>>52444091
>minimum 3000 mAh battery
>Minimum 16MP camera
>limited to US LTE Bands

US LTE bands are generally even numbered and usually lower numbers.

e.g. T-Mobile uses 2, 4, and 12
>>
Top cuck at manchildren using lagdroid phones so they can feel smart by fixing their endless problems. WP adult phone master race
>>
what should i do with old android phones? gingerbread era phones?
>>
Here's a new question: what's the best LOOKING phone on the market right now?
I have to say, the one plus 2 is pretty damn sexy.
>>
File: file.png (238 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
file.png
238 KB, 638x359
Is the S5 Neo really as bad as people say?
It looks like my best option at my local telus store.
>>
>>52446374
That's entirely subjective. I think the Xperia line is the prettiest. OP2 is pretty nice.
>>
>>52447096
google
>>
>>52437978
Steam is not on WP and if you don't use mobile authentication, all of your trades and trade offers get put on hold for 24-72 hours after you make them
>>
>>52440801
>currently daily drive an Xperia Z3 and I'm starting to find flaws.
Would you mind sharing a bit? I've been tempted to pick up a z3c for a while but I'm still undecided.
>>
>>52443347
Did you try toggling airplane mode?
>>
>>52444343
dedicated mp3 player
>>
>>52447231
Okay, this is my impression of the Z3.

God tier battery life, more than powerful enough for daily tasks, even plenty of games run smoothly. Waterproofing is nice too.

on the other hand.

Glass on front and back is a bad mix.
>see iPhone 4/4S
hairline crack due to heat/pressure/idfk after less than 6 months and Sony charged me for it.
google "Xperia self cracking". it's a known issue that sony refuses to acknowledge.

and athe Camera is decent at best. Does not in any way feel like a 21MP camera unless you are in perfect lighting conditions. otherwise it feels like a very average 8-10MP camera.
>>
Are any of these OnePlus phones worthwhile?
>>
>>52444309
>Top cuck
>lagdroid
>Windows phone
Are you trying to meme?
>>
>>52447350
Hm, doesn't sound like build quality you'd want in a $300+ phone. I'll keep looking I guess
>>
>>52437978
My Windows Phone is fine. The only thing that bothers me about it is the rarity of the models. You have to look hard to find a place that sells good ones.
>>
>>52438511
If you buy soon, Nexus 6 is $249 on Amazon right now.
>>
>>52447356 here

Nobody got one last year?
>>
>>52444309

>adult phones dont have apps

At that point why not just use a flip phone?
>>
>>52444192
This is relevant to my interests. But I was browsing the guide myself and noticed you left the Nexus 6 out.
Is there any reason? The guide says it matches everything. >3000 battery and 13mp camera.
>>
>>52447908
Idk why he missed it, but the Nexus 6 battery life isn't exceptional. The battery is big, but it powers a 6" 2k display, so screen-on time isn't its strong suit. Good phone, though. I just ordered mine from Amazon for $250.
>>
>>52447908
Oh, and the camera isn't the best. The image quality is good enough but the OIS is really janky.
>>
>WP 640 XL
>WP 1020

love em both and plan to keep them for backups but I want a change of pace.
Im a pretty basic when i use phones so take it with a grain of salt

640XL is just a good all around basic phone and all WP seem to have pretty good batteries.
1020 41mp camera for vacation or planned photographs, which isnt often. Other than that....nothing

Thinking of S6edge. Played with my friends and really liked it but hows battery life?
Only apps Ill look for is Xbox music, Onedrive and Outlook

Anything better with decent camera, great battery, and good support for the apps i mentioned?
>>
>>52448680
I own a regular S6 and the battery life is abysmal.

The S6 in general is not a very nice phone. It's a fragile piece of glass. The screen is amazing, but TouchWiz, the battery life, the ergonomics, and everything about the phone really fucking sucks. I can't imagine the edge is comfortable at all to hold. You'd spend more time worrying about breaking it than enjoying using it. I really regret buying it. Will probably sell it soon and just get a cheapo phone.
>>
Best extended battery/case combo for S4?
>>
>>52448734

Thats depressing. Holding it felt tolerable but down the road I can see what you mean. Well Fuck.

I recommend a POS WP. They're cheap and if all you do is talk,text,GPS and web browse periodically like i do, you'll love it. I run Netflix to an external monitor for hours and the damn things never die.
>>
>>52441076
It's very good, in comparison of my previous Galaxy Ace 2.
I bought it for 200€ on the cheap site cdiscound
>>
>>52441048
>>52442303
LG
>>
File: note4-black.png (604 KB, 650x560) Image search: [Google]
note4-black.png
604 KB, 650x560
>>52437551

I have a possiblity of buying a brand-new Note 4 for 370 Euro.

I can't spend any more than that, and I want with the best camera and battery life this kind of money can buy. (I wouldn't mind if it also had VR, shit's cash)

Can I find a better deal in Yurop? Keep in mind I'm Slavpoor.
>>
>>52449958
older nokia 1020 sell for around ~200 euros
>>
>>52440801
What's wrong with the curved screens? I love it my G4 desu
>>
>>52450272

>41 Mpx

Is this just a meme? Is the photo quality really that good?
>>
I want a Lumia 640 that will work with my Orange 4G sim, but I don't want to pay more than $70.
>>
Realistically speaking , is there any phone worth buying at the moment that isn't the 6s/6s Plus? Z3 here and I'm just about done with Sony's bullshit.
>>
Oneplus X at 269€ or Moto G 3rd edition at 229€?
I'm in Europe so the oneplus has all the bands I need.
>>
File: sweatingman.gif (476 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
sweatingman.gif
476 KB, 188x174
>galaxy s7
>exynos 8890, almost as fast as a9 in single core, beats the shit out of it in multicore
>britecell camera
>SD card slot
>metal housing
>bigger battery than the S6
>dust and water proof

Who else hyped as fuck about it?
>inb4 no removable battery
Couldn't give a shit
>>
>>52437978
Well, taking the plunge, Lumia 950 ordered.
Did I do good /g/ ?
>>
>>52451018
>falling for /g/ memes
>buying a meme phone with a meme os
Well on your way into memehood.
>>
>>52451077
Since when is the 950 a /g/ meme ?
That's fine though, I can just add it to the list of /g/ memes I've fallen for.
>Thinkpad
>IPS displays
>Nexus devices
>SSD
>Mechanical keyboards
>MX Master
>Ganoo slash leenucks as main OS
I'm sure there are a few more.
>>
>>52451113
It isn't, he's just shitposting, and that's a solid list of wise decisions.
>>
I was thinking of getting the nexus 6 since it's on sale at amazon, but I came across the g4.
Seems superior in every way while being 10x sexier.

It's only $100 more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LG-G4-5-5-32GB-Hexa-Core-4G-LTE-GSM-Unlocked-Black-Leather-/161926490228?hash=item25b3922874:g:ZtoAAOSwSdZWetro

Anyone lhave and can share if it's worth it? Or should i just stick with the nexus?
>>
>>52451273
Depends on your needs. I personally prefer the Nexus, but my friend has the G4 and seems to love it.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/LG-G4-vs-Google-Nexus-6_id4002/page/4
>Quite frankly, it’s a tossup and mainly hinges on what matters to you the most. Combing through how they perform in all the categories, the LG G4 impresses us with its sophisticated looks, fine-looking IPS Quantum Display, impressive camera, better call quality, and versatile LG UX 4.0 experience. Not one to be outdone because it’s the older model, the Nexus 6 can still outbox its newer rival, as it delivers a commanding presence with its sturdier construction, gigantic screen size, longer battery life, and stock Android experience.
>>
>>52451018
CANCEL. Even WP fanboys agree that WP10 is not ready for consumption yet,
>>
What phone allows for innate tethering? I bought a Fire phone for my mother back when it was on sale for $100 and ironically its tethering is better than any phone I've seen yet.
>>
>>52444192
why is the moto x pure listed as 5.0" anon? I mean I wish it was
>>
>>52451001
>exynos

aaaand my hype was killed. samshit proving it's a literal meme once again
>>
>>52450954
not really, they're all over 5.0" or plain suck. the only one that's acceptable is the oneplus x but make sure to get a case (or quality tempered glass+back skin) for it. I doubt ios would satisfy you if you're not actually tech illiterate and retarded though
>>
>>52447350
>Does not in any way feel like a 21MP camera
are you using the xposed module that actually enables full quality 21 mp?
>>
>>52451350
What's wrong with it ?
I've watched/read a few reviews of the Lumia 950, and the only things they've really complained about have been the camera not being able to record 4k (do not care), app downloads from the marketplace timing out for no apparent reason (also do not really care), and a couple of random reboots here and there (care a little bit, but meh).

Is there anything else wrong with WP10 as of right now ?
>>
Should I buy a Lumia 532? What's an android phone that's in the same price range.
>>
>>52452725
>Doesn't post price range
>Doesn't post where
Google.
Amazon.
A gun.
>>
>>52452745
100$ and located on SEA.
>>
Shit! It looks like I missed out on the Nexus 6 for $250.
Did I really miss out on much? Maybe there's a comparable phone for the same price?
>>
>>52453276
No.
>>
>>52453299
No I didn't miss out or no there isn't a comparable phone.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-16-15-40-51.jpg (457 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-16-15-40-51.jpg
457 KB, 1440x2560
just got the s6 edge+
>>
>>52453447
>Samshit
You fucked up, family
>>
>>52453578
why
>>
Currently I have a s3 , the only thing I really want is a newer phone that has an sd card slot for storing stuff. Was looking at the v10. Good idea or am I a retard?
>>
Should I buy the Xperia Z5? Camera and battery life are top priority for me. The 23 MP-s are sound good, but on some review I read it's actually a shit camera. Any better alternatives?
>>
>>52453276
Xiaomi mi4c
>>
I can get the xperia Z5 compact rly cheap, is it a /g/ood phone? I've waited for a while now to get a new phone, still got an iphone 4s.
Buy or naught?
>>
Just got a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 but its kind of big.
Or should I send it back and get the new Redmi 3? (not the Note)
Im scared of getting fucked over trying to return shit to china

Will I really get used to a phone this big? How do the specs compare between the two?
>>
>>52437653
It get's really hot
>>
LG G3 or Moto X Play?

I want good battery, OK performance and good development (custom ROMs, etc).
>>
I hear about the good sound card of the redmi note 2 but what makes it better than others?

Can't find info about it
>>
>>52453992
>Will I really get used to a phone this big?
yes. I came from a Galaxy Nexus and struggled a bit with the size of my redmi note 3 for the first few days. Now I can't even look back to that 4.65' screen and not laugh.

also, this may be useful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JpCT1seKUI
>>
>>52454981
g3 rom scene is huge iirc, look into changing the screen to 1080p (of course ppi is easily high enough lg is just retarded) which will give you good batterub
>>
I hope they bring back the OnePlus One back in stock or otherwise i'm getting an OPX. I've been waiting for more than 1 year to buy an Android phone and i'm running out of patience.
>>
>>52451732
the 7420 was the best android soc of 2015.

Besides there will be a version with a snapdragon 820 too, in asia and america I think
>>
Anyone disappointed in their Nexus 6? I got mine in December 2014 upgrading from Nexus 4 and I loved it at first but I'm slowly starting to dislike it.
>>
>>52455385
Why? The only downside is the screen size seems to me
>>
>>52455413
Yeah that's the main thing. Loved it at first but it's just far too bulky. It cracked from just being in my pocket at work. Battery life isn't the best IMO either.
>>
I'm thinking about ditching my HTC One M8 and getting a Note 5 for GearVR. Is it worth it?
>>
I really don't think I'll be happy with the Nexus 6's size but $250 was just too good to pass up.
The next comparable phone was like $350.
>>
>>52453992
I'm tempted to pick that up too because the hardware looks so good, but xiaomi has a reputation for privacy violations, so you just know they're going to be taking as much data as they can get their hands on. I'm not even confident that flashing aosp would save it, they probably put some shit in the kernel
>>
>>52455332
>been waiting more than a year
>decides to buy right before this year's new cycle drops
>>
>>52455481
Stop being fat and using skinny jeans you queer
>>
>>52455966
not him but when do you think this cycle will begin?
>>
Is there really any reason to use a custom rom over stock + xposed?
>>
>>52456263
At the same time it comes every year.
>>
File: 1347682256701.gif (1 MB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1347682256701.gif
1 MB, 280x280
i was on public wifi at a hotel
20 minutes into stay i got a call from a <7 digit number with automated response about winning a free stay so and so. I never put down my phone # anywhere here.
How does this happen?
Where can I learn more
Can I do it with my own wifi?
>>
>>52456330
..which means?
>>
>>52456340
Mid February
>>
>>52456305
Rom-only features (e.g. Doze), if your device doesn't get an official update.
>>
>>52456340
The same months that the last years.
>>
>>52453915
buy. i own a z3 compact - great phone. z5 has no micro usb cap, 64-bit cpu, but the battery life is not as good as the z3 compact, but it's still good.
>>
>>52456432
Thanks
>>
>>52456400
Thanks senpai. I'll wait max 2 more months then i'm buying something. What can we expect anyway? Aren't the chipset the same except the 820?
>>
Is there any way to get the dark theme back on marshmallow? All this white is making my eyes bleed.
>>
Opinions on huawei p8 lite and huawei y6?
>>
>>52456923
Google.
>>
>1080p IPS screen
>snapfire 820
>4000+ mah battery
>decent camera with an f/1.8 aperture
>4 gb ram
>sd card slot
>decent camera software that gives you control, but doesn't shit itself when you use it in auto mode
>no 120fps 720p "slow motion" bullshit, make that shit 240fps
>4k video at 60 fps
>no retarded bloat
>submersible in water for an extended period of time

Will something like this ever happen? Sony phones get it almost right except for the camera software and the battery. They are also a bit expensive. The Xiaomi mi5 will finally do 240fps video, while still being cheap, but it won't be waterproof.
Should I keep waiting for the perfect smartphone or just buy whatever sony puts out this spring?
>>
>>52456967
Don't ever fucking post here again unless you plan on contributing to the thread.
>>
>>52457056
>Poorfag goes mad!
>>
>>52457046
>>1080p IPS screen
Why would you want IPS when you get hueg battery life with AMOLED + black themes
>>4 gb ram
Why would anyone need that much at this point
>>no 120fps 720p "slow motion" bullshit, make that shit 240fps
No average consumer wants this, it will not happen for years
>>4k video at 60 fps
Why would anyone want this, 4k displays aren't even remotely popular and they won't exactly be saturating the market 2 years from now
>>submersible in water for an extended period of time
Why do you need more than 30 minutes
>>
>>52457072
>trip exists
>>
>>52437653
Your heart just knows it needs to get away from that M7. You don't want a priv.
>>
>>52457123
If you can't do that decision by yourself you don't deserve it. Seriously, are you fucking stupid to see the specs? God.
>>
>>52457220
>asks for opinions
>OMG look at the numbers!
Specs aren't everything
>>
>>52457046
buy the z5 now if the price is good. i think sony are fixing the camera software for the marshmallow update.
>>
>>52453276
They'll have more. I'm hoping it'll go down further next month. I use iOS but dev for both, and my only android device right now (apart from an old Samsung Infuse) is a Nexus 4. Vacillating between the Moto G 3rd gen and a Nexus 6. The G would be fine but I'll be rooting it immediately, and even buying from them unlocked that voids the fucking warranty.
>>
>>52457242
>Specs aren't everything
>Literally different ram size and clock speed tells you the obvious choose.
Bravo now go and kill yourself
>>
Friend wants an android smartphone for use with Verizon networks (CDMA) which is made by one of the bigger companies. So, no unknown brands. Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. One of those type.

He doesn't really care about the performance specs too much but wants a 4.5 to 5" screen with at least 1280x720 resolution and a 24-bit screen.

Reason the screen needs to be large, high-ish res, and good is because his eyesight isn't great and he has a bad thumb so the bigger the keypad the better and looking at pixelated shit (320x480, etc) is hard with his already bad eyesight.

Anyone got some recommendations?

Bonuses which are appreciated but not required
Removable Battery
SD Card Slot
Front Camera
Flashlight on rear
Stand
Glass screen
3.5mm audio jack
>>
>>52457120
>amoled
Except amoled is shit, and butchers blacks
>why would you want 4 gb of ram
It's just the standard mate
>no one wants 240 fps slow motion
All iphones since the 5 had it, and the xiaomi mi 5 will have it
>why would you need 4k video
Now you're starting to look like you don't know what you're talking about
>why do you want to use it in water for more than 30 minutes
Let me guess you'll vote for bernie, because you like the idea of collectively deciding what people should want
>>52457243
I'll probably wait for the Z6, and then decide if the 820 is worth it over the 810. Also the camera software has been shit for years now, so I don't see that fix happening.
Coming from a Z2 either one will be a nice upgrade
>>52457285
There's literally no excuse for using a tripcode in this thread, you're fucking pathetic for doing it.
>>
>>52457243
Any proof of this?

>>52453874
In the same boat as well. Someone help
>>
>>52457535
Ayy
>>
About to help my sister buy a new phone. She wants android OS cause that's what she's used to. What's a phone with an actual decent camera since that'll probably be her main selling point.
>>
Is the 5X camera as good as the 6p?

Selling my shitty z3c.
>>
File: lg-g-stylo-sprint-press.jpg (27 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
lg-g-stylo-sprint-press.jpg
27 KB, 400x352
I want to get an LG G Stylo, but apparently the latest update prevents you from rooting. Cam anyone confirm this?
>>
I've been wanting to put a custom from into my Galaxy S5, any good ones going?
>>
>>52458081
why is it shitty?
>>
I really like my phone made of metal and glass, but don't want to get a high end 1000€ smartphone.
Right now I have a Galaxy S3 and I want to change. Currently thinking of getting a Oneplus X, what do you think ?
If you have other choices in the same price range, don't hesitate to share.
>>
>>52457243
>thinking about getting Z5
>see this

thoughts?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/01/15/sony-xperia-z5-variants-in-the-us-will-not-have-a-fingerprint-reader/
>>
>>52437551
hey what app should I use for music? Is aimp any good?
>>
>>52458757
is it something you really need?
>>
>>52458795
anything really, the choice depends on what do you need? opus support? effects? decent eq? good ui? etc
>>
>>52458795
Google Play Music is decent.

>>52458859
>anything really
Winamp is garbage on mobile devices.
>>
File: 1452114404994.jpg (4 KB, 194x200) Image search: [Google]
1452114404994.jpg
4 KB, 194x200
WHY IS THERE NO ROM SUPPORT FOR THE MOTO X PURE EDITION?!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52457557
Get a g4. Best camera yet and a great battery.
>>
>>52458795
Timber is gorgeous
>>
>>52458859
free, lag free, good ui
>>
>>52459565
then something like shuttle, blackplayer or phonograph i guess
>>
>>52455358
atlas I'm, usually luckily, european, just this time it's pretty unfortunate. no snapdragon=no roms. at the very best towelroot would work
>>
Is the V10 a decent phone or overpriced crap? I'm looking for high capacity SD card support, good battery, and good camera?
>>
What's the best cheap flagship killer? Chinese stuff is welcome.
>>
How to get a nice phone ?
What are the best launcher/locker?
>>
>>52458859
>>52459663
>>52459347
what about vlc?
>>
>>52457220
I never said i want to choose between them. I asked your opinions on them. Its amazing how everyone lost their shit.
>>
>>52449867
Should I wait on the price drop when they release the LG G5?
>>
File: 1363471708707.jpg (31 KB, 441x329) Image search: [Google]
1363471708707.jpg
31 KB, 441x329
>>52437551
bought the z1 xperia back in September. The fucking thing didn't charge last night when i plugged it in. It died while i was at work, and now it wont charge at all. Did a reset and letting this fucker charge on a wall outlet. I'll see if i have a 200 dollar white brick in a few hours.
>>
Me mum needs a new phone.
Sprint
Not a phablet but bigger than iphone
No lg
>>
Quick question:
What's the go-to reasonable poorfag android right now?

I have a relative who needs a new phone. This person is, for all intents and purposes, assumed to be a clumsy shit. As such, there needs to be options for a good case. This person also has a history of dropping shit into puddles, so the case or the phone itself should be waterproof.

Any other functionality/features of the phone doesn't matter as long as basic shit (call/text, camera, youtube, email, music) all work.
>>
>>52463779
Moto E is subsidized pretty cheaply when carrier locked. Even otterbox makes a case for it. Moto G is waterproof out of the box, but breakable.
>>
>>52463953
Sounds good, thanks Anon.
>>
File: 06_archimedes_35438535.jpg (49 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
06_archimedes_35438535.jpg
49 KB, 770x433
What does /g/ think the perfect size for a phone? For me it's iphone 5
>>
>>52458795
Phonograph
>>
>>52458795
I'm gonna shill for a minute
Google play is four things in one
>Regular music player
>Personal music server (aka. upload pirated discogs)
>Pseudo pandora with better playlists
>Pseudo Spotify if you're a chump and want to pay
Useful as fuck. Adaway gets read of the ads too.
>>
>>52463987
If we're talking screen size, I'd say 4.7'. My Nexus 4 was the most comfy phone to hold imo.
>>
>>52463987
iPhone 6. Just big enough to have a good screen size but still usable with one thumb.
>>
>>52458081
Bump
>>
>>52447527
I have a Z3c for over a year and its still looks brand new without any issue, keep in mind all glass back phone are fragile
>>
File: 1354432127287.png (39 KB, 523x497) Image search: [Google]
1354432127287.png
39 KB, 523x497
who /note5/ here?
>>
>>52461276
I'm itching to by a g4, but that's what I'm waiting for.
>>
>>52447213
Correction...steam CHAT is on windows phone, look in their app store.Just like with any other mobile OS, you cannot get your steam games to work on the phone.
>>
>>52458183
Why not just look at a note 2 or note 3? it has around the same specs and you'll probably buy it for around the same price on CL or eBay.
>>
File: 2015-12-07 07.53.37.png (102 KB, 1357x2166) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-07 07.53.37.png
102 KB, 1357x2166
>>52466186
Sup senpaitachi
>>
Redmi note 3 or Moto G 3?
>>
>>52465154
>>52463987
yeah, iphone 5 proportions are retarded. too long
>>
a Galaxy J7 is it any good phone? or some sites like to exaggerate?
>>
>>52466366
Are you genuinely brain-damaged?
>>
>>56468268
>>
>>52468368
>>
Cheaper Note 4 or wait for the more expensive Note 5?

I'm anticipating at least £250 between the two price tags
>>
Since motorola is officially kill, my contrarian days are over. This is actually one of the better brands of phone in terms of build quality.

What should i buy now if im in a 3rd world shithole? Im thinking sony or samsung for my next phone
>>
>>52467078
Its good for games,but other than that it isn't very good
>>
>>52451001
>all those things
>that awful fucking design with the camera sticking out
>touchjizz

Why is samsung cucking us so hard? More importantly why are they cucking themselves so hard? I'm pretty sure more people would buy their shit if it didn't have touchjizz and that awful design. I would buy s7 for sure if not for those flaws. Now I'll have to buy another slightly underwhelming xperia phone
>>
>>52468580
Sony has better build quality.
never failed me at least.
>>
>>52468580
The S7 will have the best smartphone camera by far when it comes out. The Z6 may or may not have a good camera, the Z5's is kind of overwhelming. Sony phones have superior build quality though, and no retarded bloat
>>
So is the Note 5 ever gonna be available in Yurop, or does Samshit just not mind releasing their most expensive phone months after the hype for it has died?
>>
>>52440197
G2 has better specs for half of his/her price limit
>>
>>52440373
BLU makes dirt cheap android phones too
>>
>>52453589
Cause meme man above you thinks its bad
>>
File: YSdMLFp.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
YSdMLFp.gif
3 MB, 420x300
What's a good phone for the price of 100$? I currently have the Lumia 532 as my main option.
>>
>>52460609
Redmi Note 3 Pro
>>
I'm entering 2009 and getting my first smartphone. Which specs are the most critical?
>>
>>52440295
What's pasr, paur, gafc?
>>
>>52472569
Nevermind, they are explained in comments. Which stat to sort by to have highest performance at the top?
>>
Hi,

recommendations for a smartphone for my mum? Needs Skype, HUGE font size, security updates.

Shortlist: Nexus 5, Sony C4 Aqua, gayPhone 5. Anything cheaper?
>>
>>52472824
Maybe buy her a MyPhone, there are models with huge buttons.
>>
File: 6Dse6dy.jpg (25 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
6Dse6dy.jpg
25 KB, 640x479
Is there any reason I shouldn't get a oneplus x or two (besides the retarded look of the two)? I've had a one for almost two years now. It works fine but I've been thinking of upgrading just for the sake of upgrading. If not, what else? No criphones and NO SAMSHIT.
>>
>>52472864
Why don't you just hang on your One and wait for this year's phones to be released? Do you really need an upgrade right now?
>>
>>52472824
in that case, get a lumia. microsoft own skype, and actually offer software updates. and it has several font/accessibility options.
>>
>>52461112
still no opinion on vlc for android, what are your thoughts /g/ ?
>>
>>52474213
idk, it works but for music i prefer black player or anything else that has a good ui. i don't really care about the EQ but i''ll try to learn it after getting some decent IEMs
>>
>>52475008
can you add your own playlists and browse folders on sdcard?
>>
Is it true most phones's bootloader can be unlocked easily? Don't care about warranty.
>>
File: 1452608794707.jpg (96 KB, 550x404) Image search: [Google]
1452608794707.jpg
96 KB, 550x404
>>52437551
Okay /g/, hook me up.
I've been avoiding getting a smartphone for as long as I possibly could, but I feel like I can't prolong the inevitable any longer.

What is a good babby's first smartphone that I can toy around with?
>>
>>52450518
He's talking about the S6 Egde gimmick
>>
>>52437978
I have a 950 and am enjoying it immensely. However, the software is a little buggy at times.
>>
>>52451273
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LG-G4-5-5-32GB-Hexa-Core-4G-LTE-GSM-Unlocked-Black-Leather-/161926490228?hash=item25b3922874:g:ZtoAAOSwSdZWetro

I like the G4 the better, but the Nexus is not bad though
>>
>>52438311
Sorry, probably not. I have Project Fi and it took two days to get to me.

Nice dubs tho.
>>
>>52475432
i think so, there's no reason why you couldn't
>>
>>5243889

Outlook is fine. It does email pretty well...and that's the point I guess.

Font size can be changed, though I've found the default to be perfect. Can also change dpi of entire system to alter not just font size, but ever ui element.

Edge works a lot better on mobile than on the desktop

Keyboard is best keyboard I have ever used. Key spacing is very nice and it looks the best. I keep hitting m instead of backspace but only bc I am used to smaller screens

You can import contacts from just about anywhere.

Only downside is win10m is a little buggy. Every now and then I'll open an app and it will bring me right back to my home screen. That's all that comes to mind though.
>>
Check that, boys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgQc4ZkVeMY
>>
God damn I'm close to getting a 6P but I wanna hold out and see what Samsung and LG announce at MWC.

Not sure I can last a month to find out.
>>
>>52453874
Sony cameras aren't that good, battery life is god tier.

Check the LG G4, god tier camera, but don't know about battery life
>>
>>52475996
>However, the software is a little buggy at times.
Tell me more.
Is it all the same flaws as I mentioned in >>52451852 ?
Anything else ? Have any of these issues been worked out or improved ?

Also how is MS about updates on phones ? Is it the same kinda deal as on the desktop OS ?
>>
>>52472261
Avoid Snapdragon 810, at least 3GB of RAM, 32GB Storage is cheap now.
This is implying you want a High-end phone.

Give us a budget and We may help you out better.
>>
>>52476408
Why avoid 810? Any other cpus to avoid?
Is 16GB storage enough if one has an SD card slot?
>>
>>52476432
It overheats like a mad fuck.
About the storage, you mainly will be using the SD Card for media, because only a few apps allow you to move them to SD Card.
>>
>>52476408
€470
>>
>>52476603
Why should I care that it overheats? Is there an injury risk?
>About the storage, you mainly will be using the SD Card for media, because only a few apps allow you to move them to SD Card.
Wait, you can't install apps on sd? Holy fuck, Android is shit. What about rooted?
>>
>>52476766
>Why should I care that it overheats? Is there an injury risk?
No injury risk, but it throttles as hard as a Macbook.
>>
>>52476695
Country?
>>
>>52476766
It throttles to cold down, that causes performance issues
>>
>>52476603
storage won't matter if your phone gets the marshmallow update, because it has the option to see internal and external storage as unified storage.

even then, my phone has 60 apps installed. 16gb internal memory (11gb usable) with 6gb free.
>>
Going to off my S3
And getting oneplus one
Am I doing the right thing?
>>
File: 1452878359938.jpg (91 KB, 472x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452878359938.jpg
91 KB, 472x1024
Is Swappa superior for buying phones compared to Ebay and Amazon? If yes then why is that?
>>
>>52476766

You can install apps on SD card if your phone is on 6.0 Mashmallow, 6.0 was a pretty big update and offers huge advantage for consumers over phones that are stuck on 5.0/5.1 Android
>>
>>52477820
So you have to buy specific phones to have a basic feature all Symbian phones had.
Why is Google so shit?
>>
>>52477970
they want you to use their cloud shit for storage and for a long time claimed removable storage is a security risk.
>>
>>52477970
It was available as a feature in 2.1 and 2.2 I think.

Google later removed it though because SD cards are dick for performance and many apps don't run well off them and apps that have lots of read/write cycles will fuck the life expectancy of an mSD card down to months instead of a few years.
>>
Stupid question, does Marshmallow still have that stupid third party app restriction for deny of access to the SD card. Or is that shit gone after Kitkat updated, trying to switch from Apple and I really liked my old LG Optimus F6, and felt like getting a G3 or V10
>>
>>52478017
Possibly also they like to charge extra for built-in memory.
Fucking Jews.
>>
One plus one or zuk z1??
>>
any G5 hype here?
>>
Is the 5x camera the same as the 6p?

I like o have my phone camera as a backup to NY slr but the z3 compact camera is absolutely pitiful.

I would like a 5x but mostly because 6" phones seem unwieldy compared to my Z3C.
>>
>>52476316
Apps dont open sometimes. Changing brightness from action center freezes phone briefly. Messaging app integrates skype poorly (doesnt update me about messages received from skype) sometimes when selecting pictures to send via text it selects the wrong message. Etc

Nothing super critical but can sometimes be annoying. I enjoy living on the edge of an OS "in development" so it doesnt bother me.
>>
>>52478457
Apps not opening sometimes sounds kind of annoying, how often does this happen ?

>I enjoy living on the edge of an OS "in development" so it doesnt bother me.
To be honest, I'm kind of looking forward to this as well. I'm not familiar with how updates work on Windows phones though, do they get frequent updates in the same way as the desktop OS or nah ?
>>
>ITT : 230 posts of questions
>10 posts of answers
Not trying to start anything, that's how human race is. Taking instead of giving
>>
>>52478688
No. It's more like the only people who come to these threads are people looking to upgrade.
The ones who are perfectly happy aren't going to be seen around here.
>>
>>52478335
Kind of.

Got a G3 at the moment but 16gb storage and 2gb ram is killing me...

Holding out for the Note 5 or V10 (UK release fucking when???) but I do like LG so might just wait for the G5
>>
>>52477970

Google didnt like the fact that apps on SD cards loaded so slow, but consumer demand forced them to reconsider
>>
>>52437551

Well my S4 kicked the bucket in October, so I bought some Alcatel piece of shit as an emergency replacement. Was planning on buying something more functional once I came back from that trip, but now I'm not so sure. My contract expires in April, so I'm thinking that's when I get a new one. Will anything worthwhile be released by then? I'm thinking it'll be either the S7 or the newest HTC, but I'm not sure if there's some better Android phone out there.
>>
>>52478335

>modular bottom to keep the removable battery and SD card for a metal frame

I am cautiously optimistic
>>
>>52478807
Is the internal flash memory so much faster than SD? Even a decent one?
>>
>>52478889
yes that does look cool. hopefully it's true and it's not shit.
>>
>>52478729
2gb ram is fine.
>>
>>52479003
>640KB ought to be enough for everyone
>>
>>52479003
16gb storage isn't, though
>>
>>52479042
it's a smartphone senpai, not a video editor.

>>52479050
true.

>>52478902
yes.

my z3 compact reports 160 MB read, 52 MB write. my class 10 micro sd card (sandisk ultra) reports 40 MB read, 16 MB write.
>>
>>52479124
Is it really flash?
>>
>>52479145
is what flash? i'm comparing the z3 nand to one of the best consumer micro sd cards.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.