[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a serious question. I am currently studying Computer Science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1452272799141.jpg (61 KB, 728x678) Image search: [Google]
1452272799141.jpg
61 KB, 728x678
I have a serious question. I am currently studying Computer Science in a UK city, which I am not going to state, and recently my and my "friend" had a discussion he is studying in a University in Bulgaria and he was trying to convince me that they are better in any way in that field than the UK, i.e. maths coding skills etc. Is this true and if it is have I done the wrong choice and am currently wasting my life?
>>
>>52437431
Bump, I'm in college so I'm interested if CS will benefit me as I'm in the UK too
>>
>>52437431
why do you care what your "friend" says?
>>
>>52437431
Which Uni? It may be important
>>
>>52437431
I'll tell you now. The best CS program in the country is at Oxbridge.

Every other course in the country is highly structured, information dump tier and suck balls. The UK is a technological shitstain with regards to CS and this is throughout all tiers of education. Bulgaria probably is better.

Shit it definitely is. The UK sucks so hard at this shit.
>>
I heard nothing comes close to Mali when it comes to CS.
>>
>>52437431
The most important part of the university is where it is. Even if the best university in the world was in Bulgaria it would not matter because nobody is going to hire you with a Bulgarian university on your cv. It does not matter, anything you need you can teach yourself or get help from your professor. Also people like to brag and be arrogant, a kid from a Liberian slum might tell you that he is part of the best hacker group in the world and might even believe it.
>>
The best CS programme is in the island of Java.
>>
>>52438262
Cambridge... You know, where Newton went
>>
File: 1448435620245.jpg (12 KB, 383x382) Image search: [Google]
1448435620245.jpg
12 KB, 383x382
OP here, I am studying in the Edinburgh University, 5 years Master of Science in Computer Science with 5th year industrial placement
>>
>>52437431
When you get out of university, you'll work at some web company for mediocre pay.

When your friend gets out of university, he'll work at some code sweatshop working double your hours and getting shit pay.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.