[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The pirate bay blocked on windows 10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: ipmonkey2.png (148 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ipmonkey2.png
148 KB, 1600x900
The pirate bay blocked under windows 10
Actions
Jake Mayes Attachment 15:24 Photos
To: [email protected]

Outlook.com Active View
2 attachments (total 229.5 KB)
Click for Options
Click for Options

Download all as zipSave all to OneDrive
Hello, I am emailing this here cause i feel the internet community needs to know about it, and i cannot post on 4 chan cause it keeps giving me a duplicate post error and it isn't posting.

There is something that is bugging me. I am running windows 10 and I am verified connected through my VPN. However, the pirate bay site refuses to work bringing me the blocked site, checking with an IP checker proves I am in my VPN. This works on windows 8.1. I got on in the end via the tor browser. What the fuck is going on? Why is windows 10 somehow bypassing my VPN for the pirate bay when windows 8.1 didn't! Something is up here, somehow redirecting me to the UK ISP court ...orders site. It also refuses to work via opera turbo which is verified working with an IP checker when opera turbo is enabled/disabled, under my windows 10 install. I am incredibly concerned that my operating system is trying to censor what I go on. This is through a VPN, the same conditions work under windows 8.1. A VPN is an encrypted link between me and that server, meaning the only way I can be forcibly redirected is through the OS (windows), not while the data is in transit. Yes I have cleared my browser cache.

I need someone else to try reproducing this in the UK. If this is proven that it is bypassing VPNs and blocking it on the OS level, then this is a serious violation of liberties by the operating system
>>
>>52435899

no it is not.. you're an idiot
>>
>>52435899
I'm on windows 10 as well, it won't load for me. All I get is

>This webpage is not available

>ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
>>
>>52435942
>sqrt(4064256)
>using public trackers
>>
File: ipmonkey1.png (114 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ipmonkey1.png
114 KB, 1600x900
Well call me an idiot if you will. It is connected through my VPN as shown in this picture at that time and showing the same IP as my VPN when loaded through the browser. So i AM through my vpn and it is working, so why am I redirected to that? The VPN worked for it as recently as two weeks ago.
>>
>>52435972
>√4064256
>using srqt instead of √
>>
Or the VPN isn't working.
>>
if someone else could reproduce this, that would be great
>>
It is, check the IP monkey screenshot, the IP matches that of my VPN, so the VPN is working.
>>
>>52435899
use a mirror dude, it's really not that hard
>>
It isn't hard i know, but why would this be happening? thats the bigger problem.
>>
>OP doesn't even know how to quote posts

Get out of here newbie. You're retarded, and this is most likely an ISP ban.
>>
I posted here for a big audience. I have taken a video of me doing the IP monkey with opera turbo enabled, then disabling it and refreshing the page which shows my REAL ip (last digits blurred to prevent attack, give me a few minutes to upload this) and showing the redirection despite opera turbo working as verified by the IP monkey. This may be nothing, but it merits investigation. Up until this point, I have loved windows 10, and still do until this is proven to be part of the OS. I know what I am doing with respect to IT.
>>
File: Screenshot (1).png (198 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
198 KB, 1366x768
works for me :)
>>
>>52435942
That's a dns error. Apply yourself.
>>
File: screen.1452873247.png (162 KB, 1596x900) Image search: [Google]
screen.1452873247.png
162 KB, 1596x900
>>52436217
me2

then again I'm on 8.1. I'd never use Win10.

Can't help you OP.
I mean, it's Windows 10.

You've already given up every privacy right you should have by using it. You can't complain, and nobody cares to look into it.
>>
Looks like you're still using your ISP DNS, which totally defeats the point of using a VPN. Sorry dude, the cops will be at your door early in the morning tomorrow.
>>
>>52436217
>tixati
ugh
>>
werks on my machine
>>
>>52436246
I am using Windows 10, I even tried it on Edge, the site works.

>>52436263
I know, I tried it, ok? I will return to uTorrent once I finish my downloads.
>>
>>52435899
>brits
>>
what is privatetunnel and why are you using a vpn?
>>
okay, glad other people tested this for me and that it was not the operating system. I had tried googles DNS servers as well. My two friends had the same response, that is why I used a question form rather than making an outright accusation.
>>
>>52436291
>uTorrent
Ugh
>>
>ffmpeg has a vulnerability in the current version that allows the attacker to create a specially crafted video file, downloading which will send files from a user PC to a remote attacker server
So you need a compromised video file first.
>>
>windows 10
>utorrent
Srsly why don't you just shove a webcam up your ass?
>>
Use firefox, go options, click checkbox "External DNS" (sob).
Try again.
Win
>>
>>52436913

Not to mention
>onedrive
>edge
>skype
>wmp
>>
>>52436300
>Amerifats
>>
ITT: everybody's bitching about what software others use, and just the idea of windows 10
>>
>using all this nonfree shitware

also your "VPN" isn't working dipshit.
>>
>>52435899
They should have written what content was blocked and why and if you you want to dispute it should say how to do that to.

Now they could block just anything without having to stand behind and defend it. Welcome to the totalitarian regime/state of the USA.
>>
>>52437607
Except "they" are not blocking anything you /pol/tard, Op is just being as dumb as you.
>>
>>52437607
>ukispcourtorders.co.uk
>USA
>>
>>52437607

USA has free and open internet.

It's the EU nations that have government mandated internet censorship. So if someone uses an EU server, they'll end up with censored websites.
>>
>>52437647
UK i should have guessed, i am still living in free EU and not in UK, sorry US i was wrong.

>>52437644
Sorry i saw San Jose USA and jumped the conclusions.

>>52437671
I bow my head in respect to the land of the free.
>>
Dns leak not win 10. Get gud boi.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.