[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there no open-source alternative to Ciri/Ok Google/Cortana?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1449472541300.jpg (28 KB, 710x400) Image search: [Google]
1449472541300.jpg
28 KB, 710x400
Why is there no open-source alternative to Ciri/Ok Google/Cortana?
I would have expected weebs to make a waifu virtual assistant by now.
>>
I've never seen anyone use any of the assistant things.
Seems like everyone needed to have their own version because apple made siri... I don't want to talk to my computer or phone
>>
>>52435356
You want to get cucked by computer AI ?
>>
>>52435356
Because that software probably cost around $100,000,000 for each company to develop, and it runs on ridiculous server hardware to handle the immense computational overhead to deliver answers to even the most mundane questions.
You're not getting that level of work out of some modern dyed hair SJW freetard, and no one would have the Xeon racks to run it anyway.
>>
because it's a gimmick technology for the most part
>>
>>52435396
I'd use one that was open-source and not dependent on "the cloud".
If I could just tell my computer "play some smooth jazz and open my black_female_white_male drive" while I unzipped my pants it would be great.
>>
File: 1384382688496.gif (332 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1384382688496.gif
332 KB, 512x512
>>52435403
>mfw I just realized that was what the movies was about
>>
>>52435426
go fuck yourself, firefox is open source and look how its going, and they have the hardware to handle persona/sync
>>
>>52435356
Because there is really no point of doing it.
Ciri/Google/Cortana are just software to control your system, it's no where near OS from Her.
Also you can do Cortana clone by yourself, you'd have to read about voice recognition etc. and make lot's of configuring to make it works properly. It's just way too much effort for relatively small usefulness.
>>
>>52435681
Thats fucking adorable.
>>
I should've stopped watching when the fag turned down a hot night of sex with a mute russian bitch because of MUH DISEMBODIED VOICE WAIFU
>>
Now that you mentioned, I'd love to have a AI lady assist me in my Arch setup
>Kyoko, would you upgrade my packages please?
>
Running sudo pacman -Syu righ now. I took the liberty to reuse the password you mentioned 45s ago.

Yeah, that would be so cool...
>>
>>52435892
3DPD, dude.
>>
>>52435998
>Your password is safely stored on our cock.li powered untraceable vpn tunnel.
Idk what I'm talking about btw.
>>
>>52436057
>Idk what I'm talking about btw
But you're still typing it and solving a captcha to upload it. Typical tripfag.
>>
MYCROFT
>>
https://openai.com

hopefully they will actually opensource the code. even if so, that's likely years away from quality chat-bot status.
>>
File: 55a.gif (976 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
55a.gif
976 KB, 490x368
>>52435426
>modern dyed hair SJW freetard
enjoying you're first day of /g/ friend?
>>
>>52435356
because it's an expensive gimmick
>not knowing about searchy
>>
Chromium?
>>
>>52435356
>Ciri
>Fucking C
please die horribly
>>
File: know-youre-oc.jpg.png (137 KB, 552x370) Image search: [Google]
know-youre-oc.jpg.png
137 KB, 552x370
>>52437786
>>
>>52435432
same here
>>
>>52436116
>implying everyone on /g/, tripfag or anonymouse, knows what they're talking about
Kek'd tbqh.
>>
File: shittersfull2-1.jpg (99 KB, 650x598) Image search: [Google]
shittersfull2-1.jpg
99 KB, 650x598
>>52435681
>firefox is open source and look how its going
>>
>>52436817
why do you think their first move would be to do a siri

probably more things like googlemind
>>
>>52438286
Meh, I don't. But this is a non-profit with a billion dollars pledged in funding by some high profile names. I don't expect anything positive out of it on it's own since it seems primarily motivated atp to make AI a 'safe space'. SJW tier bullshit if ever was with just as much likelihood of success as other purplehair-driven endeavors.

But, if the code is released then something good might be made of it if the community of AI developers around the globe can begin forking it.
>>
>>52435681
Persona was shut down
>>
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mycroft-open-source-artificial-intelligence#/
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.