[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AYOOO SO HOL UP! The first Pascal cards won't be released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
AYOOO SO HOL UP! The first Pascal cards won't be released until the end of 2016? Why shouldn't I buy a 980ti now then?
>>
>>52434950
>The first Pascal cards won't be released until the end of 2016
No.
>>
It depends what you're upgrading from.
Also AMD's next line is coming out earlier.

But I guess you're a fanboy so you can buy whatever you want and rationalise away your decision afterwards. Le no driver le wattage le whatever, you know.
>>
>>52434977
I'd like to buy AMD but I do muh gaymen on Linux and that shit is clownshoes
>>
>>52435002
While that's true, gaming on linux is retarded.
>>
>>52435029
Meme all you want, there are plenty of great games with Linux support and many, many more to come
>>
So when did newegg start this "VR ready" marketing crap?
>>
>>52435046
I think he means that Nvidia's proprietary driver is still significantly better than the open source driver that AMD is backing.
>>
>>52435029
>linux is retarded
ftfy
>>
>>52434950
Top-tier Pascals will be 20% better than the 980ti at best. Besides, when the Pascals finally come out, people will tell you to wait for the next ones.

Only thing that matters is that is the 980ti worth the money for you right now.
>>
>>52436794
Technically he still said it.
>>
>>52436874
>Only thing that matters is that is the 980ti worth the money for you right now.

Yeah, I got a 980 Ti EVGA FTW with back plate for ~$585.

If Pascal will be released very late this year, I would advise getting a cheap or good deal on a 980 Ti. Got it running at 1500 Mhz on air no problem.
>>
>>52437097
Oh and it came with that tomb raider game that I sold for $40 easy. So really $545.
>>
>>52435002
>he's too retarded to dual-boot
>>
>>52436874
What he said. High end Pascal, the cards that might have significant improvement compared to the 980ti, will not release at launch.
Q2 is rumored date for Pascal's release, but they will probably launch with x80, x70 and x60 cards first, then Titan Y a few months later, and Ti another three months after that.
A 980 Ti will still run AAA games up to 1440p at Max settings for the near future, so unless you want single-card VR or 4K, there's no real reason to wait, this is a freaking fast chip as it is.
>>
>>52437188
Your implication is cute.
>>
>>52436874
But will the Pascals be better than a 980 Ti Kingpin?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.