[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ I need to overheat a laptop to put it out of service
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: photo-laptop-overheating.jpg (116 KB, 300x202) Image search: [Google]
photo-laptop-overheating.jpg
116 KB, 300x202
Hello /g/

I need to overheat a laptop to put it out of service for good. How do i do that?
>>
Get a fucking job instead of breaking your stuff so mommy and daddy will buy you new stuff.
>>
Go to /b/ and follow the first link you stumble upon. That should do it!
>>
Set it on fire
>>
>>52433804
Put it in the microwave
>>
>>52433804
If it ends with your parents spending a fortune on a gaming pc for you, kill youself right here and now. Unless you want it for warranty or something, then you're just autistic
>>
>>52433804
If you want to break your laptop just smash it with a hanmer.
>>
Kill yourself, that should do the trick.
>>
Kill yourself, OP. You're making insurance more expensive for the rest of us.
>>
Open 10 different browsers and press f12 in each one and put

while (true) {};

in all the consoles and keep doing that, then get some tape or something and close any and all open air vents to the outside world, then wrap the entire laptop in a blanket, but make sure it doesn't idle shutdown, maybe repeating this over and over would eventually put it out of service for good. The cpu would probably heat up to where the laptop would shutdown because of critical heat, unless it had an option to disable that in the bios. http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/posts/cpu-maximum-temperatures/
>>
>>52433856

Or instead of being retarded, just run furmark and superpi.
>>
>>52433804
Open Firefox.
>>
>>52433939
So opening firefox overheats your computer?
You should either show it to a not retarded friend or remove windows and use a real OS like Linux.
>>
>>52433804
By growing the fuck and spending your own money on your things so you don't act like a spoiled brat who doesn't know how much effort goes into making enough money to buy that laptop
>>
install windows 10 on it
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>52433804
You know it will just shut down once a certain temperature is reached?

Other than that you could remove the heatsink and rip off any thermalpads attached to it, then when re-attaching it only tighten the screws loosely so it doesn't make very good thermal contact. Overheating chipsets usually unsolder themselves after a while.
>>
Disable the laptop fan.
Then write a small script that uses a lot of cpu.
run that script multiple times until the system uses 100%.
Then you block the vents, so the built up heat has no where to go.
>>
>>52433804
Can you send it to me?
I am ready to pay the shipping
>>
>>52433804
install windows
>>
>>52433804
last year i leave my lap suspended for two weeks and to this day still has a weird mouse lag.
>>
>>52433804
Thermite
>>
>>52433804

run a protein folding program + a bitcoin miner + skyrim with ultra settings
>>
>>52435496

that makes no sense
>>
>>52435496
laptop is potato
>>
>>52433804
Stuff all ventilation holes with sticky puddy

Run CPU Mark and Firestrike simultaneously.
>>
>>52433804

If you are trying to get your parents to buy you a new one they will likely still blame you for abusing it when it stops working and will replace it with the cheapest Chromebook they can find if at all.
>>
How can people have this much trouble figuring out ways to destroy things?
>>
>>52436275

It's gotta be sutble. OP can't just run a jackhammer through his laptop then go to mom and say "it's broke" to get a better one.
>>
>>52433804
>Cover all sources of ventilation.
>Enter a small enclosed room with no air sources to let the heat escape.
>Play an intensive as fuck program.
>Wallow in the Sahara desert you've started to create.
>>
>>52436275

Not everyone is an irresponsible underaged faggot.
>>
>>52436378

That has 0 to do with being creative enough to break something without making it obvious.
>>
File: flame_thrower.jpg (125 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
flame_thrower.jpg
125 KB, 620x451
flamethrower
>>
Build a battery operated EMP and hold it close to the laptop in question, or remove the fan cover and super glue the blades to frame. Or you could overclock the cpu till it produces too much heat and shuts off, probably the easiest way.
>>
>>52436429
>probably the easiest way
>>
Connect it to a power supply with a mugh higher voltage than the laptop's
>>
>>52435526
>skyrim with ultra settings

as if that is intensive.
>>
>>52433804
if you really really want to..
it will depends of the access you have to the machine.
>i cant even be close to it
spill some shit in it
>i have it with me but i cant access the SO.
go to bios, disable temp alarm, turn it on, use a pen drive with DART or a HIREN to boot it up, use a little metal stick to stop the fan from working without making any damage to the rest, then put the laptop inside a box or something almost sealed, then wait...
>i can access the SO
download everest or some stress software
repeat the think with the little stick to the fan.
go to power settings and disable everything, then close the lid, and again put it in a box.
>i can open it and dig inside it
take out the heatsink and remove the thermal paste, then put it together again.

with this, in a matter of days or as much as a week, that laptop will die because mobo failure.
>>
wrap it in a blanket and install gentoo
>>
Pour 3 gallons of coffee over yourself
>>
File: 1370262072627.jpg (40 KB, 253x192) Image search: [Google]
1370262072627.jpg
40 KB, 253x192
>Butthurt fags jealous that mommy and daddy don't love them enough to buy them stuff anymore
>>
download my mxtape
>>
>>52437158
is that you frank???
>>
>>52433804
>All this retards don't know how to break stuff

Static electricity is the answer.
>>
>>52436924

ENB has been known to kill graphcs cards, especially AMD because its author is a Nvida fanboy.
>>
>>52433804

you have to remove all fans or put some tapes on the vents. then you have to put it on a hard program, like video editing or rendering, otherwise you can find a cpu stresser on google and do the same thing, leave it there for a bunch of days and you'll have fun
>>
Just use a tazer op. You can make one with an extension cord, cut one end off and strip the wires. While holding you laptop in one hand, and your dick in the other, plug the cord in and bite down on the cut end.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.