[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bitcoin is dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (125 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
125 KB, 800x600
https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.49j62hejz

Bitcoin is dead and you know it.
How do we replace Bitcoin, /g/?
>>
>>52432781
Real gold.
>>
>>52432781
That fucking image.
>>
>>52433126
My family has been jobless since 2008 and we've lived decently till now because my dad used to make a lot of money and he invested everything he made in gold in early 2000s.
Too bad we only have around 6k€ in gold left. Oh well I guess that living under bridges was inevitable afterall...

Investing in gold was really a good choice anyway.
>>
>>52432781
social media interaction footprint will be the next meme currency. I'll tell you how for 10k likes and 2k shares
>>
Everyone knew bitcoin didn't work when people tried selling at a high and mg didn't give them any money. Bitcoins aren't gold, which is backed by institutions with billions, or stocks, which is backed by real company value.
>>
>>52432781

As long as there's a market for illegal goods, cryptocurrencies will never die.
>>
Bitcoins exist to buy drugs on the internet. If you want to play trader on easymode with it, you should kill yourself.
>>
>dead
>still used to conduct millions of dollars of transactions every quarter

Right
>>
File: 1441998327337.jpg (55 KB, 414x427) Image search: [Google]
1441998327337.jpg
55 KB, 414x427
>>52432781
Bitcoin is not dead, and you are a kike shill.
>>
There are two sides to the story of whether bitcoin is dead or not.
Those who still have bitcoins and failed to sell them at a high price say it isnt dead. Those with investments in bitcoin say it isnt dead.

Those who have no investments and no interest in whether bitcoin survives or not say it is dead.

The failure of the bitcoin debate is obvious. How can you trust anyone who tells you to invest in bitcoin, since you always have to ask yourself, "what is their interest in seeing bvitcoin survive? What is their agenda".

The same cannot be said of those who say it is dead since the world does not need bitcoin to survive. Nobody needs bitcoin to survive unless they invest in it!

I know who I believe and have always said bitcoin is, was, and always will be a total scam!
>>
>>52433657
>>52433662
>>52433675
Did you not read the blog post?
>>
>>52433877
No, but do you expect someone to read an 'X is dead' blog post?
I mean really. I get enough of that shit here.
>>
>>52433750
Who is getting scammed exactly?
>>
>>52433897
>I’ve spent more than 5 years being a Bitcoin developer.
Should be enough to not disregard it as your everyday "X is dead" post.
>>
>>52433750
>Nobody needs bitcoin to survive unless they invest in it!
Some drug dealers need Bitcoin to survive
>>
Honestly, this just shows that bitcoin really was the perfect anarchist currency.

Anarchism always results in one party gaining all the power and abusing everyone else with it. It turns into monarchies and kingdoms and empires.
>>
Top kek. I always knew it would fail and actually encouraged some assholes to buy into it. Now they're out of their money.
>>
>>52434054
I'll always have a soft spot for it. I used the Bitcoin madness to pay off my parent's mortgage.
>>
Cryptocurrencies are here to stay. End of story.

Bitcoin itself might be superseded by something else, but currently and for the foreseeable future, it's the main crypto.
>>
>>52432781
OK so the technical implementation is flawed. But the idea of Bitcoin as a whole is not.
Bitcoin will either be fixed (I don't know how) or there will be a better alternative made from the ground up.

We can consider Bitcoin the "public beta" of cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>52434232
Any crypto currency has to be china resistant. IE any attempt to 'mass produce' however the coins are produced should fail.
Like for example base coin generation off of something like land area. You'd have to go to space to get more land.
But doing that computationally is like 'what the hell'.
You know, like a finite and static resource.
>>
File: bitcoin price history.png (114 KB, 2706x1308) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin price history.png
114 KB, 2706x1308
>>
"I'm giving up on this project" does not mean "This project is dead."
Good fucking riddance to a self-absorbed cockle that wants attention for his tantrum.
>>
>>52434925
Actually, he left to work on a bank-financed project.
>>
>>52434332
The only true china proof backing is pure energy, since it cannot be created. We need energon cubes.
>>
I'm glad I only have 4 BTC right now
>>
>>52432781
bitcoin isn't dead and wont be replaced. it's the only and best option to pay for your drugs online
>>
>>52433750
everyone who is into drugs needs bitcoin
>>
>>52432781
i think it would be more accurate to say bitcoin is dying.

the implementation is broken and its not too late to fix it, but no one wants to because they're either selfish, retarded, or both.
>>
I made $20,000 from bitcoin and bought a car which I lost my virginity in then crashed having neglected to buy insurance. Money well spent.

It's clear that it is over. The successor has a chance if it avoids the faggotry that surrounded BTC.
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jan/15/mike-hearn-senior-bitcoin-developer-says-currency-failed-experiment
>>
What about The litecoin???
Not famous, but ive read That it's more trustable. Is That right or exageration??
>>
>>52433920
Its a free market monopoly and theres nothing wrong with it, it's voluntary

Anyone can use any other crypocurrancies they want

Only govenment laws and regulations can form monopolies ya statist cuck
>>
>>52433910
Drug dealer here. You only need it to survive if you're doing internet sales/cross country shipping. Basically any time distance prevents you from actually exchanging cash by hand.

Cash is still 99% of transactions however.
>>
>>52432781
>https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.49j62hejz

TL;DR:
>developer salty he doesn't get his way, ragequits to go work for a bank, and whines about it on reddit
>>
>>52432781
I use to pay for my seedbox, but other than that it's not really that useful.
>>
>>52432781
that's like the 80th time someone had declared bitcoin dead
>>
>>52433196
>My family has been jobless since 2008

the unemployment rate in the USA is 5%

there is no excuse for being out of work for 8 fucking years
>>
>>52433215

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Lf-cnRywk
>>
>>52433900
Anyone who buys something they don't need
>>
>>52432781
>has become something even worse: a system completely controlled by just a handful of people.

ayy just like reel lyfe
>>
File: kek.png (121 KB, 926x534) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
121 KB, 926x534
>>52432781
>https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.49j62hejz
>Allowed buyers to take back payments they’d made

How is that even possible in bitcoin? I thought payments were irreversible once the block has been confirmed, what the hell is he talking about?

The value of BTC doubled in last year, I remember when it was worth over 1000 USD before Mt. Gox closureand I remember when it reached the bottom at below 200 USD after Mt. Gox closed, yet in last year it still managed to double its value.

BTC cannot die as long as miners keep mining and people are interested in it, the distribution of hashing power is pretty stable too, of course it was much more stable before BTC value peaked two years ago because there was less people into the mining business, then ASIC miners boomed and pools started unbalancing each others, there was a time when one pool was close to reaching 50% but it didn't happen, look at it now, unless two or more pools merge together it will never collapse and miners don't want BTC to collapse, they know that if their pool goves over 50% BTC is dead, it's all ogre.

BTC will never die unless governments try to kill it abusing the mining business.
>>
>>52433629
I second that.
>>
>>52438655
did you even fucking read?

> 6k€ in gold left

Yeah they use euros in the USA right?
>>
I remember 2013. Everyone was so excited.
>>
>>52439041
You know its worth over 600 usd atm right?
>>
>>52439041
>governments try to kill it abusing the mining business.
THIS ALREADY HAPPENED. READ THE ARTICLE.
>>
>>52439163

yes we all do

get real i euros all day
>>
>>52439205
How the fuck did it happen? can't you see the graph? there're no pools with hashing rate over 50% do you even know how BTC works?

>>52439190
>You know its worth over 600 usd atm right?
Depends where you look, the sell price is always higher of course, but on the real market the price is always lower.
>>
The underlying technology will be co-opted by the government and banks in order to track currency movement

people thought bitcoin as freeing but it will eventually subjugate us all
>>
Seems like Ethereum will take over as Bitcoin 2.0
>>
>>52439336

preev.com says its around 400$ bro
>>
>>52439163
No. We use real Dollars. It just fucking blows my mind that our government gives foreign governments like Europe billions in so-called aid every year, and yet these goofballs still use play money.
>>
>>52432781
Zetacoin seems nice
>>
Has anyone read satoshi nakamotos blog?

Some really interesting stuff in there.

Unenumerated dot blogspot dot co dot uk.
>>
>>52443333
>>52443333
>>52443333
noice. but how do we know it is mr satoshi?
>>
>>52432781

mike gtfo

you prick caused enough damage
>>
>>52444153
Satoshi is nick szabo.
>>
>>52433126
You can't buy drugs or hire a professional killer anonymously with real gold
>>
>>52439041
>The value of BTC doubled in last year, I remember when it was worth over 1000 USD before Mt. Gox closureand I remember when it reached the bottom at below 200 USD after Mt. Gox closed, yet in last year it still managed to double its value.

i remember when it was well below 200, more like 30$
>>
>>52439041
transations going back is because they're not confirmed and Peter todd wants Replace by Fee. So you can create a transaction right after you leave, that just increases the fee and sends the money to yourself. Its never confirmed but it doesn't work for anything where it isn't practical to wait.
>>
>>52439041
>hashing power being distributed
>90% is in china or KNC and knc are assholes.
>>52441330
>>
>>52441330
Etherium is a joke and will not replace bitcoin
>>
Get hyped for Decred, launching in about 48 hours
>>
>>52444420
where is the proof?
>>
>Step 1: invent new crypto currency
>Step 2: new currency has golden age where it's perfect
>Step 3:super rich moves in to corner the market on new crypto currency
>Step 4: repeat step 1 until super rich become poor buying out every crypto currency in existence

I don't see a problem here.
>>
File: 1452805937957.png (299 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452805937957.png
299 KB, 500x500
>>52444420
how do we know this?
>>
>>52438655
That figures completely bullshit. The rate is 22%. I'm sure you believed every word of the State of the Union script performed by president Barry!

Also, the majority of jobs counted are shitty part-time jobs, and the figure still stands.
>>
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/01/16/028228/cryptsy-bitcoin-trader-robbed-blames-backdoor-in-the-code-of-a-wallet

Not all that good on the other coins scene either.
>>
>>52438655

"If you use the broadest definition of unemployment, the ratio of people over the age of 16 with jobs to the overall 16-and-over population, the Labor Department says that 40.6% of the population is unemployed."

http://fortune.com/2015/09/14/donald-trump-unemployment-rate-jobs/
>>
>Worse still, the network is on the brink of technical collapse.

Nice FUD OP
>>
File: ZjCvHOv.png (8 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
ZjCvHOv.png
8 KB, 472x472
Yea, it's dead, for the 89th time!
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.