[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>When you exit it tells you that there are projects with unsaved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: GIMP.png (146 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
GIMP.png
146 KB, 800x595
>When you exit it tells you that there are projects with unsaved changed, but offers no option to save and quit, you must exit the dialog and go back and save manually

So this... is open source software.
>>
It's open source just make the changes yourself!
>>
>>52429733
Just recompile it!
>>
I'm thinking of trying Illustrator right now because Inkscape is hard to intuitively pick up. I thought I'd have the freedom to do certain things but even after looking up how to do them they are still a pain.

I love the feeling of open source software but I am not going to suffer for it. I always hope that the the free thing outshines or is at least comparable to proprietary alternatives but it is not always so.
>>
>>52429733
Its because of the number of options the Gimp presents when going to save. Are you going to save an xcf, export the file to another format, and of course where are you going to save it under what filename. Its basically a small symptom of a bigger problem.

>>52429920
No art program is really intuitive. Inkscape is fairly easy to understand once you get the hang of it.
>>
File: hand me the controller, bro.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
hand me the controller, bro.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
>>52429733
>not using Krita
>>
File: 5789375873.png (19 KB, 601x378) Image search: [Google]
5789375873.png
19 KB, 601x378
>>52429733
Nigga watcha talkin bout
>>
>>52429967
The paths thing is really annoying. I remember even in Flash 8 two lines cross each other would automatically intersect. I get that it's different from strictly vector graphics software but I still don't know why I'm forced to do so much stuff for a simple operation.
>>
>>52430024
I get

Help - Cancel - Discard Changes
>>
>>52429967
Lol you could have all those options like in Adobe Photoshop. No excuse for lacking such a basic feature.
>>
>>52429920
>I'd have the freedom to do certain things
The freedom to go back to superior software
>>
I really wish Gimp would stop being touted by freetards and free/open source software supporters as an achievement. It has lacked feature parity and ease of use with photoshop since around CS2.
>>
>>52429733
GIMP ISN'T MY PHOTOSHOP
GIMP ISN'T MY PHOTOSHOP
GIMP ISN'T MY PHOTOSHOP
GIMP ISN'T MY PHOTOSHOP
GIMP ISN'T MY PHOTOSHOP
>>
When has a gtk application ever been good?
>>
>>52430618
See >>52430024
>>
>>52430255
Thats because
1) youre a girl
2) youre a jew
3) youre blind
4) youre using HACK3D software and the russians have had a keylogger on ur comp since downlaod :^)
>>
>>52430024
>>52430255
>>52430967
Basically what's happening is if you close one image that you're working on, it will bring up Save/Discard/Cancel, whereas if you actually quit the program before closing the window, it just lists all images with unsaved changes, and doesn't give you an option to save.

Ideally, Gimp should either recognize when it's only one image that's unsaved, and give you the Save/Discard/Cancel menu, or should give you options for each file that it lists as unsaved.

Honestly though, I've never run into this issue before, because I don't really ever quit Gimp without saving any files that I intended to save.
>>
>>52430641
GREEN IS MY PEPPER
>>
>>52429967
Krita is pretty intuitive imo
>>
File: 1440987910404.gif (30 KB, 293x200) Image search: [Google]
1440987910404.gif
30 KB, 293x200
Don't even get me started on this piece of shit software.

Trying to do the most basic workflow is a constant stream of amuesement (read: autism).

To anyone who has to use this godforsaken abomination of a program on a daily basis, my fucking condolences.
>>
>>52429733
So is this all we do at /g? Bitch about everything and not praise something for at least attempting something you fucking losers will never do..

Brb gonna make an open source Photoshop alternative.

I'll work on the logo.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.