[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kid in Robotics Bricked a school computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 20160114_193521.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160114_193521.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>Be me high schooler in the programming group of Robotics
>supposed to be watching this freshman beta fag (pic related )
>he is on one of the school computers in the CAD room
>see that he has linux booting off a USB
>says to all of the other people in the room "You want to see linux self destruct"
>He types in the commands to delete all the linux files but it goss wrong
>He bends down to pull out the USB
>I tell him don't
>tooLate.jpeg
>the computer now won't start
>me and my friend give him a little time to fix it, but decide we have to tell the adults by the end of the meeting
What do I do /g/?
>>
File: get-out.jpg (22 KB, 194x198) Image search: [Google]
get-out.jpg
22 KB, 194x198
>>52427411
>high schooler
>>
>>52427411
You're dumb for posting this
I'm dumb for responding.
Tell the teacher and stop trying to act superior
>>
>>52427411
Global Rule 2: You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>52427411
>tl:Dr OP was in charge of Watchung a tard and let the tard brick a pc

Say you turned around for like 10seconds and blam, thus nigga fucked shit up.
>>
post ur boipucci
>>
>>52427411

Isnt it your fault you were supposed to be watching him?
>>
>>52427411
You kill yourself, thats the next step.

You're too young to be on 4chan, stop acting like a stupid little shit and go fuck yourself. Tell the other kid to kill himself too for trying to show off with his Linux prowess.
>>
>>52427411
Take the USB and install DBAN (http://www.dban.org/) to it, then format as many computers in the room as possible. When a teacher comes tell them John MacTavish detonated a nuclear weapon in space and the resulting EMP formatted the computers. Problem solved.

Also, kill yourself, see global rule 2.
>>
Im going to need you to open up the PSU and surface mount the capacitor to your robot. Ensure that the leads are not discharged as the electrons created from the Gyrator Circuit in the PSU cannot be replicated if the cap is discharged it will blow. To stop this continue the flow of electrons with your finger across the anode and cathode leads of the capacitor.
>>
What team?

>Team 3218 reporting in
>>
You're not going to snitch are you, faggot?
>>
You can't brick a desktop like that idiot
>>
>>52427411
>school computer

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>52431005
You could if you make your harddrive read-only.
>>
>brick

are you retarded OP?

reinsymtall whatever OS was on there and continue being a fag.

'bricking' means you can't use it at all, van't install anything on it anymore. it's as usrful as a brick.
>>
>>52431355
Then change the hard drive
The only way to brick a desktop is to fuck up flashing the bios
Even then you replace the mobo
>>
>underage

https://sys.4chan.org/g/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=52427411
>>
>>52427411
>bricked
I don't think you understand what that word means.
If you can reinstall the OS and get it working again, it's not "bricked".

>>52430924
Heh, I was 3221, pretty close.
>>
>>52427411
Dumb kid probably deleted the HDD's OS along with his live usb

You, OP, should just fuck off and learn how to unfuck it yourself and come back after you've graduated
>>
What the fuck how would you even accidentally delete an unmounted partition via rm -rf /

Did he actually use dd
>>
>>52431564
I bet what happened is the OS automounted the computer's main hard drive, so an rf -rf /* hit it at some point.

>>52431614
>unmounted
See above
>>
>>52431625
Oh yeah you're right

Guys seems like an utter retard, chances are he used ubuntu or mint, as far as I can recall they automount virtually everything
>>
>>52430951
T H I S haha OP youre a fucking faggot for telling a teacher... i would beat you pussy ass up if i was in your class,
>>
1: Under18B&
2: Fuck off you millennial, it's not "Bricked"
Just netboot the fucking thing and restore the system image.
It'll take IT about 30 seconds to fix it.
Just tell them.
>>
>>52427430
>>52427553
>>52428375
>>52428615
>>52431483
>>52431679
The vast majority of people turn 18 before they graduate high school. Fuck off, you tryhard faggots. Did you even think before posting? Or did you just see an opportunity to post epic memes and so you pounced on it without a thought?
>>
>>52427411
Just tell your school computer admin to reimage it, it only takes a few minutes to ghost a pc.
>>
>>52431915
>tryhard faggots
Underage b&
>>
Report and hide.
>>
>>52427411
Go home Cunstoid
>>
Politely ask your school's sysadmin to reimage the computer. Promptly after, kill yourself.
>>
High schoolers shouldn't be using 4chan.
>>
>>52431631
Never saw Mint doing that, actually.
Mint Cinnamon + Windows 7 here.
>>
>>52431915
I am amazed that you are not banned by now.
Mods must be sleeping.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.