[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this not the worst trend in processor design?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: iGPU.jpg (211 KB, 1341x932) Image search: [Google]
iGPU.jpg
211 KB, 1341x932
I'd rather my processor be 100% processor
>>
>>52427151
Then you should have bitched about SSE like 15 years ago.
>>
>>52427151
Then get one without an IGP
>>
>>52427193
Well I just wonder why we don't have hex-core chips for the same price without an IGP for the same price.
>>
>>52427229
The same reason a business does anything, money. 6 cores is fucking worthless to most people.
>>
File: 1405212764285.jpg (226 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1405212764285.jpg
226 KB, 576x1024
The real problem is a lack of competition.

On that note, I hope you've all been doing your daily rituals to Amada Kokoro. Meme magic propelled Ebola to new heights and it can do the same for AMD!
>>
>>52427151
All of the processors far exceed any computational capacity you could possibly put it through, so why the fuck does it matter?
>>
>>52427352
>Amada Kokoro
to what extent are these mascots "official"? is it just a meme within the segment of the fanboy/user community which intersects with otaku or do the corporations themselves acknowledge and adopt the characters in their own marketing materials? i remember reading something about how Microsoft had an official OS-tan when they were promoting Windows 10 in Japan.
>>
File: B5CdFlQCcAAUpiU.jpg large.jpg (136 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
B5CdFlQCcAAUpiU.jpg large.jpg
136 KB, 1024x1024
>>52427602
Amada is not official but apparently she's got somewhat of a following in Japan

https://twitter.com/amadakokoro
>>
>>52427151
i donno even youtube can use gpu now if the job cant be delegated in a smart way in modern environments well..
>>
File: Kaveri_Trinity_2014-01-07[1].jpg (191 KB, 907x718) Image search: [Google]
Kaveri_Trinity_2014-01-07[1].jpg
191 KB, 907x718
The meme is spreading
>>
Integrated graphics has been around for at least over a decade it's just been traditionally integrated into the motherboard(the northbridge). With photo-lithographic technology being so small nowadays it became possible for the north and south bridges to be integrated into the CPU so that's what they did. It's purely about money really, it makes no sense to have a second die fabbed just for the GPU.
>>
IGP serves a progressively more and more important role. In addition to providing a value added factor for OEMs, it also provides an area of potential dark silicon for heat transfer when not in use.
>>
Buy the Xeon with 4 cores and hyper threading then, faggot.
>>
>>52427151
That's why I'm telling you that you gamer with Quad-SLI builds are retarded for not buying Xeon.

It's just natural selection at work, I guess.
>>
Actually its not really a meme

AVX (Advanced Vector Extensions), heard of it?, it depends on this kind of processing (256 bitsize integers)

Prime95 (Wikipedia)
Intel Core i7-2600K - 21.8 ms (Shit AVX)
Intel Core i7-3770K - 3.978 ms (AVX2 at game)

AMD on the other idea, cant really make my mind why they want to try it
>>
full-on Xeons are 100% CPU and have something like a 3-4x larger die size compared to i7s.
>>
>>52427352
>Tfw no cute anime girl hardware marketing
it's like they don't even know their market
>>
>instead of better CPU
>you just get gpu increase
>5 years of no cpu improvement
>>
>>52428595
To be fair a 2D cartoon girl doesn't really show off 3D functionality. This is why ATI had Ruby. AMD kept Ruby but she's not used much anymore
>>
>>52428642
True, Ruby was at one point selling via "appeal".
I guess they stopped since most of the people who buy GPUs nowadays are old people.
>>
>>52428630
You realize that with the node shrink, you still get more transitions out of even the reduced physical space right? The CPU still improves, so instead of shrinking the socket EVERYTIME there's a node shrink, they just use the space for a gpu.
And you know what you get if you take that out and don't shrink the die.
High end Xeon prices. Because that's what they are
>>
>>52427572
>(citation needed)
>>
>>52427662
I want to fuck amd-chan's poor under performing loose pussy
>>
>>52429158
>sticking your dick inside a nuclear reactor
>>
>>52427151
hopefully next gen -E level processors come out soon. If Zen is shit (i'm guessing 60% possibility) then i'll just use intel retail edge and get the newest -E level processor. This is going to be a great year to upgrade with GPU die shrinks finally coming.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.