[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/, I was wondering what IDE is best for C#? I have been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: visualshitio.png (48 KB, 2000x336) Image search: [Google]
visualshitio.png
48 KB, 2000x336
Hello /g/, I was wondering what IDE is best for C#? I have been getting kinda sick of visual studio lately, thought it would be time to spice it up.

> inb4 sum funnayy guy says visual studio
>>
>>52426068
... but there is no better IDE for C# than VS.

I abhor the idea of using VS for my day job, and will never work in another MS shop again, but even I know that.

Now, if you just want an alternative, rather than something superior: that's a different story.
>>
Sublime with Omnisharp is great. There will be things that you will miss, but for non-enterprise level stuff it's good.
Omnisharp-Roslyn will probably be stable this year, so it'll get even better.
>>
>>52426068
Sorry, Visual Studio is the only good IDE for C#.

I mean, since you decide to develop with a Microshaft circlejerk language that has hacked-together shit support for anything other than M$ products, you might as well go all out and spew your goo in Nutella's face.

But seriously, VS is pretty much the only good IDE for C#, because no one bothers to compete with the creators of the language.
>>
>>52426552
>>52426482
I saw another thread similar to this, and someone said they liked QtCreator better. I looked at it, and it just didn't suit me.
>>
>>52426068
keep vs, get resharper if you don't already have it
>>
>>52426570
If you don't care about having a subpar C# experience compared to VS and just really want to avoid VS, just use omnisharp with Emacs+EVIL, Vim, or Sublime as suggested above.

Or don't, and let your distaste for VS and MS eventually push you to leaving for a different kind of job where you don't write C#, but something else. ;)
>>
>>52426068
I prefer SharpDevelop over Visual Studio unless I need to manage a large project.
>>
>>52426068
You can use Xamarin, but honestly if you're on windows just use Visual Studio.

I suggest you browse their extensions it can really improve your experience.
>>
VS is shit for anything other than C#, but for C#, it is your best option.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.