[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What headphones are right for me? I listen to music at least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 770.jpg (1 MB, 1859x2362) Image search: [Google]
770.jpg
1 MB, 1859x2362
What headphones are right for me?

I listen to music at least 8 hours a day with headphones and the ones i have right now are finally dying. Ive been looking at beyerdynamic 770s 250 ohm. I dont mix music or anything so are these too much? I will be mixing music in the near future though for a self recording project. I know ill need an amp if i get these. Would they work at all with my phone? If these are too much please recommend me something else. I hear audio technica ath m50s are good
>>
Don't get m50s.
>>
>>52425698
>know ill need an amp if i get these.

For 770 Pro hell no.

>8 hours a day
>M50x

lel nope. Use the catalog and find the headphone general.
>>
>>52425735
tell me why. Are they memephones?
>>
>>52425698
I've got a pair of 880 premium 600 ohms and they feel fantastic, I've been wearing em for 4-5 hours at a time. They're light and comfortable and hold nicely on my ears.
>>
>>52425698
Look for 32ohm headphones if you want them to work nicely with your phone
>>
File: 1445375178078.jpg (75 KB, 840x840) Image search: [Google]
1445375178078.jpg
75 KB, 840x840
DT 990 pro. The open casing makes it easier on your ears for long periods of use. I have a pair i user probably 10 hours a day with no problems.

And 250 ohm you can get plenty of volume without an amp ( plugged into laptop or pc )
>>
>>52425698
what's your budget ?

Audio Technica ATH-m50x are really good.

Sennheiser HD 380 Pro is also really good, lasted me 4 years
>>
>>52425774
Get the A900x, in Aus they're the same price plus the A900x has much better sound. Only downside of ATH-A900x is that they're not as portable.
>>
>>52425698
770s are dope, i think they have 80ohm ones, don't so much need an amp for those unless you're playing music for the entire bus stop
>>
>>52425901

Keep in mind that open casing means they leak some noise, so they're better suited for home use
>>
>>52425915
around $200
>>
anyone know some good open back that don't make game grenades sound like farts in space?

I've got a "stupid money" budget and an objective amp/dac maybe getting a schiit setup

was looking at hifiman h400's if I can ever find someone selling, the h400i actually is a downgrade if you ask me
looking at ath ad900x but heard the bass is non existent
I don't need them to vibrate my eyeballs, I'm not a bass head, but it'd be nice if they were more resounding than punchy

I'm half tempted to get two sets, but I much prefer to only have one that does it all and while the unicorn may not exist it's more important that I have sound stage than bass so open back is needed
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.