[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night Shift and f.lux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Apple-night-shift-800x420.jpg (63 KB, 800x420) Image search: [Google]
Apple-night-shift-800x420.jpg
63 KB, 800x420
earlier this week /g/ was outraged about apple implementing their own method of f.lux.
now you /g/entoomen can see it was all a fuss about nothing, even f.lux is happy with it.

src: https://justgetflux.com/news/2016/01/14/apple.html
>>
Tbh I started using red shift on Linux and haven't looked back. I couldn't even get Flux to run properly. Redshift had a lot more powerful configuration. Highly recommend it.
Still use Flux on my desktop though.
>>
>>52424211
>even f.lux is happy with it
They're literally calling Apple out for banning them from the app store and then integrating their own version into the OS.
>>
>>52424281
>They're literally calling Apple out for banning them from the app store and then integrating their own version into the OS.
Not mentioned in the article.
They call to Apple to allow them to implement a way to legally put their app on the App Store.
Their original app never was on the App Store, it required a user to build it through Xcode, with a developer profile.
>>
>>52424211
>outraged

not really, just funny how apple are still the original geniuses in tech
>>
>>52424397
I wonder where it even was mentioned that Apple said it was their innovation?
>>
>f.lux
You may wish to refer to the free counterpart to a proprietary program instead of the proprietary program itself. Had I not checked carefully, I may have been tempted to install f.lux on my machine instead of redshift. Others who are less observant may have been led to install this instead of the more respectful redshift program.
I must give thanks to the Parabola maintainers, whose active dedication to keeping nonfree software out of their repositories was the first hint I had that this program was not going to respect my freedoms. However, not everyone checks their distribution's repositories first and may wind up with something nonfree on their otherwise free systems, so please make sure to check the licenses of the software you mention in the future, thanks.
>>
>>52424694
well memed
>>
>>52424544
when they announced it and appfags saw it
>>
>>52424544
>>
>>52424694
You should always check the license of all software titles in all cases. Sometimes, you don't know if a copyright holder of a free software title distributes a proprietary version of that same title such as IntelliJ and IntelliJ Community Edition.
>>
>>52424755
Mmm... inno *gargle* vation ...ngmm... ..myes Tim Cook ..hhnnngmm... please cum in my mouth, you have my creditcard right?

>tfw to poor to pay tim cook to shit on my hands
>>
Placebo general thread?
Placebo general thread.
>>
>>52426549
le "every psychological thing is plucebo" meme
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.