[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which OS would you think is more fitting for the future of self-driving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: eqWJs.jpg (128 KB, 1280x656) Image search: [Google]
eqWJs.jpg
128 KB, 1280x656
Which OS would you think is more fitting for the future of self-driving vehicles go back to reddit please.
>>
>>52423803
>hich OS would you think is more fitting for the future of self-driving vehicles
reading up to this point is fine.
>go back to reddit please.
what? go back yourself.
>>
>>52423803
>self-driving vehicles
Linux 'cuz "le no le drivers". LE LE LE LE LE!
>>
>>52423803
FreeRTOS and with all sources available.
At least I wouldn't step into a killing machine if I could not even know how it works when not by any means limited by the person driving.
Realistically though we're probably going to see some other RTOS that's completely locked down. It's a very effective way to control people if you're controlling some of the most important material objects in their lives. Say, for example that Google controls your car and your phone, or maybe even your computer if you have a Chromebook, which might very well increase in popularity in the consumer market.
For your average /g/ user with at least some insight or pseudo-knowledge (like putting together computers and fixing your mom's google ultron and adobe reader), it might be a lot easier to just get a different car, phone and computer. But for the average consumer who doesn't know much nor want to know much about the technology they're using, changing these might be a more complicated process.
The company behind these things can increase your dependence by using proprietary standards for chargers, integrate it more with their own products, etc. Resulting in a very firm hold on their customers. It's a great business opportunity, really.
That said I don't like it one bit. One entity with too much control is very dangerous.
>>
>>52423803
A realtime OS, obviously.
>>
Did you guys hear about the new Apple car?

They say it won't have windows. :^)
>>
Minix 3, self healing could save lives.
Windows possibly, may drive you to a MS store though and force you to go in.
BSD possibly good.
Linux is so trash it needs an OOM killer so that will probably drive you in to oncoming traffic when it decides to kill steering control after a bash exploit bomb.
>>
THEY ALL USE UBUNTU
>>
>>52424391
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>52424787
>hes_going_all_out.tif
>>
>>52424765
kys
>>
gentoo
>>
QNX
>>
Amstrad CPC
>>
File: consider the following 10.png (357 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
consider the following 10.png
357 KB, 800x529
>>52423803
Debian Stable. A car won't need anything top of the line or fancy, just for the software to fucking work when it needs to fucking work.
>>
TempleOS let jesus take the wheel you CIA NIGGER pederast
>>
Amiga OS
>>
>>52425099
>not using bleeding edge rolling release on your car
its like you dont have to go fast
>>
>>52425331
What, you want testing or unstable instead?
>>
>>52425376
now that sounds more like it
>>
>>52424460
Underrated post
>>
>>52425421
>oh shit the update broke the brake controls
>i'll just download the source and try to fix the bug at 160 mph
>tfw optimized my drivers with compiler flags to go 200% faster
>>
>>52423803
>MINIX3
because other operating systems are shit
>>
>>52424460
badoom ching
>>
>>52423803
templeOS because I only trust God to drive me around
>>
Do you people think we could use our cars as computers like, lets say, gaming or browsing or even work as servers in the future?
>>
>>52427313
I want an internal combustion cpu
>>
File: 1450813757241.png (106 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
1450813757241.png
106 KB, 922x882
>>52423803
seL4 or GTFO
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.