[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kickass torrents is dead, downloads are full of malware and botnet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13
Kickass torrents is dead, downloads are full of malware and botnet. Is 2016 the year piracy dies?
>>
>>52420915
Downloaded and used movies and software from it without one single piece of malware, just yesterday.
Oh yeah I guess Windows has problems with virusses.
>>
>>52420915
>will stealing die this year?

Kek, fucking moron.
>>
>>52420915
>kat is dead
u wot m8?
>>
>>52420915
>He thinks Piracy dies

Usenet faggot.
>>
>torrents
>current year
netflix and spotify cost what, 20 bucks together? If you (unironically) think that's a lot you should probably rethink your life.
>>
>>52420915
oh jesus thought he was shitting in the desk for some reason
>>
>>52420915
why is that guy a meme
he's such an annoying self absorbed cunt
>>
>>52421923
Netflix has hardly any good movies, far from a replacement for torrents. Spotify doesn't have garth Brookes so it's useless.
>>
>>52420915
Yes
>>
File: 1445244908728.jpg (501 KB, 2401x1800) Image search: [Google]
1445244908728.jpg
501 KB, 2401x1800
>>52420915
Literally I downloaded for years unverified torrents and none of them infected my computer ( with malware bytes always on )

I just discovered the verified torrents ( which are kinda a 100% guarantee no "evil" is hidden there, but as I mentioned already there is minimum risk anyway if you use common sense )

So people just download torrents with many seeders and the crown symbol next to them.. have fun.
>>
I don't think piracy is dying down anytime soon.

Honestly I think streaming might be the only thing that might be able to take on Piracy. In general, you can pay $10 a month for a service that lets you stream from a selection of movies, music, etc. I think people would view this as a better alternative to pirating mainly because you won't have to search and download every series of artist you want to watch or listen too.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 700x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 700x436
>>52422044
>So people just download torrents with many seeders and the crown symbol next to them.. have fun.
Pretty much this, I mean, there isn't something like a comments section or anything on kat.
>>
>>52421923
>downloading games and apps through netflix
>>
>>52421923
>thinking USA is the only place in the world
>>
>>52422044
Fairly easy to maintain undetected bins if your infected they probably have an auto download/update function everyday new bin and you don't notice anything.
Anti-virus is for catching low fruits, monitoring your network will get you some more info also IDS + firewall rules and even then it can slip thru
>>
>>52420915
Denuvo has finally killed gaymen piracy. Honestly glad for devs who work in that industry, who can now get paid for their work.
>>
>>52422093
But Kat does have a comment section.
>>
>>52421923
The movies and music I like aren't on either. Also, I like freedom in what I consume.
>>
>>52421923
>netflix
>not hulu plus
>>
>>52422553
>Honestly glad for devs who work in that industry, who can now get paid for their work.
Does that mean they'll bring back demos for games or won't embargo reviews for after release dates? If not I don't see how it's an advantage for the consumer.
>>
>>52421877
>Paying to pirate

>>52421923
I don't like them, too many limitations, i like using my meme video player with meme placebo high quality resizers.
Also they don't offer a complete library, anyways i still have netflix for shits every now and then.
>>
>wcd
>ipt
that's all you need, friendo
>>
>>52422554
exactly
>>
>>52422553
The PS4 is about to get cracked wide open which will open up a whole new can of worms.

Good luck trying to protect your games then.
>>
>>52422553
>denuvo
If anything denuvo has only proved to slow down crack releases for a few weeks but nothing else.
Also there's people who unironically avoid games with denuvo because muh write cycles.
>>
>>52421923
>implying netflix and spotify are better than rutracker and slsk
>>
>>52422900
Most profit per unit sold is done during the few weeks after the release. I saw enough peecee mastur rays dudes buying fifa and just cause because they couldn't crack them.
>>
>>52421923
>both services with laughably low selections of media
you can't be serious
>>
>>52422553
>only companies like ea and ubisoft use denuvo
>both ubisoft and ea don't pay their devs
lol
>>
>>52421923
I pay MORE for my seedbox than I would for Netflix and Spotify. I pirate because it is a superior experience, not because it's cheaper.

Give me something that replicates the experience of piracy and I'd gladly pay for it. That means:
>high quality video
>efficient encodes
>large selection
>no DRM
>can download a local copy rather than just streaming
Until then, the legal methods are inferior and I ain't using them.
>>
I don't get how you people get viruses and shit. 10 years and i've had no problems with my OSs.
Are you just that stupid and incapable of checking out whether someone is a trusted source and validated source and shit?
Too stupid to sandbox shit?
>>
>>52421923
>spotify
>wanting to be a slave to region lock
I cant even play my fresh german music
>>
>>52423124
Yup. You have to be a retard to get viruses from piracy. I can sort of understand it if you are downloading software (though even then it's easy to avoid), but getting a virus from pirating movies or music is incredibly incompetent.
>>
>>52422553
>Denuvo has finally killed gaymen piracy.
1. It's expensive as shit.
2. The only implementation is in shitty console ports.
3. It's expensive as shit.
4. Console ports are irrelevant because console gaming is a comatose turd due to the console controller not changing for 3 gens now regarding input quantity.
5. It's expensive as shit.
6. PC oriented devs are more liberal in regards to piracy compared to Publishers, because Publishers are obsolete entities in 2016 and the PC industry is utilizing the way the Internet has evolved to become more independent. The way marketing doesn't need a Publisher anymore, distribution is digital and doesn't require Publisher distribution and disc manufacture networks, and devs no longer need Publisher subsidies to start their shit up. AKA, Devs no longer need to lose 80% of their income to a Publisher who doesn't do shit except have a slave contract with them.
Similar to how the music industry is progressing, and even the movie industry is segmenting against Hollywood.
7. It's expensive as shit and will be broken much like any software.
8. Your post is pointless and your words have been said many times before in the last 20 years. Literally every year there is "unbreakable software", and see what happens. Nothing.
>>
>>52422818
Nobody gives a shit about consoles.

>>52422900
>a few weeks

No Just Cause 3 crack six weeks after launch. No FIFA 16 crack four months after launch. 3DM openly admitting they've given up. It's ogre.

>>52423117
Expect it to be used on just about every big release going forwards, now that it's proven to work. Do you honestly think that all the major publishers aren't going to adopt it? Why wouldn't they?
>>
>>52423235
>It's expensive as shit.
Not as expensive as the bill from piracy. All the major publishers can afford it. Dumb argument. Enjoy 2D playing your indie trash.

>The only implementation is in shitty console ports
99% of PC releases these days are "shitty console ports". It's irrelevant anyway, as it can be implemented in any game.

>Console ports are irrelevant
Nice meme.

>PC oriented devs are more liberal in regards to piracy
Absolute horse shit. They've used some of the most aggressive DRM measures over the years. Feel free to name some examples of developers who produce anything other than indie garbage who aren't CD Projekt Red if you disagree. Even the fucking Elite reboot has always-online DRM.

>Your post is pointless
Not as pointless as yours though, you meme-spouting autist.
>>
>>52423240
maybe they wouldn't need DRM if they actually made good games that people want to buy
>>
>>52423240
>Why wouldn't they?
It's expensive as shit.
>>
>>52423320
I know I've already said it, but you're a goddamn retard, anon. It's pocket change anybody except self-publishing indie studios. Fuck off with your stupid argument.
>>
>>52421923
>I'm totally not sharing a board with a 90% neet population
>>
>>52423320
>It's expensive as shit.
Source?
>>
>>52423311
> 99% of PC releases these days are "shitty console ports".
False, plenty of games that cannot be released on consoles due to retarded policy on input devices are only available on PC.
> They've used some of the most aggressive DRM measures over the years.
Which got cracked. 90~95% of new PC games are cracked and can be played offline. And the other 5~10% is either not cracked yet, or is so bad nobody even bothered to crack that piece of shit.
>>
>>52420915
I have downloaded probably 300gb of music and movies in the last few days from kat and have yet to encounter a single byte of malware. Ive been using kat for years and probably had one or two bad downloads ever from them.
>>
>>52423311
>butthurt kiddie can't face the truth
Every year you spout the same shit. One might think that what you say should have happened 20 times already, but it never does.
This year will be no different, next as well.
Only 2 games so far have been uncrackable in the whole PC library, one is a shitty flight sim console port, the other is a shitty copy pasta sandbox action game.

The PC oriented devs depend too much on piracy as so many people pirate and they don't have the balls to make animosity with such a large potential buyer population. They don't have the balls to completely close off games, only having mild DRM, while console industry is the one obsessed with being a walled garden. Ergo the only fully closed down games are 2 shitty console games. 2 games i have never paid for nor want to play.

>99% of PC releases these days are "shitty console ports"
KEK. You keep telling yourself that. The only thing important in the PC industry is gameplay, not cinematic experience. Consoles can't even fucking play Mount&Blade due to the shitty controllers, yet you want to talk importance. It's only a matter of time til the Indie scene gets to AAA level of game development capacity. Independent labels are a thing in the music industry, the same will now come true in the PC industry.
The console industry is pretty much dead as of this gen.

Deluded child, aren't you?
>>
>>52423342
>self-publishing indie studios
Who make the majority of interesting games these days.

Also, not even all publishers can afford it. Only the very biggest ones can.
>>
>>52423311
Nigger, Indie gaming is the only one dishing out innovative creative games.
The main wining point of PC gaming is not the graphics capacity, nor the hardware power, but the KEYBOARD.
With the keyboard, gameplay has no limits on implementation and depth.
Keyboard + mouse, keyboard + joystick, take your combo pick, but the keyboard is what makes the PC and breaks the console.

The fuck do you have on consoles in the meantime? Jerk-off fest on graphics and trying to inflate the importance of cinematic experience in hopes that people will ignore that console gaming has lost in the most important aspect: gameplay.
Jerking over 30 minutes cutscenes, followed by quicktime and bullet time gameplay.
Nice. Really nice. The PC community doesn't eat that shit like the console community. It laughs at it the more it feels that the console industry has become a copy pasta assembly line where only graphics improves.
>>
>>52423311
>indie is shit
>glorious console AAA
AAA gaming can be defined in two aspects:
1. The funding spent (of which half might as well be dumping money into marketing and dishing out a shitty game that could have been good if more money was spent on development - TOR as an example and pretty much 90% of AAA gaming)
2. The graphics.
>muh AAA graphics and AAA cutscenes
Yeah no. AAA interactive movies aren't games. They are interactive movies.
Even the shittiest indie game that does something special with gameplay is better than your AAA >muh graphics
bland piece of shit.
If i wanted VNs, i'll go play fucking VNs. But don't masquerade Hollywood trying to get into gaming as respectable "video games".
>>
>>52423545
>With the keyboard, gameplay has no limits on implementation and depth.
The PC wins on ALL sorts of input, not just keyboards. You can use a controller. You can use a mouse. You can use joysticks. You can use HOTAS. You can use headtracking. You can use any combination you like. You can rebind all the controls.

The keyboard is just input advantage. There are many others.
>>
>>52423685
>Yeah no. AAA interactive movies aren't games. They are interactive movies.
Lots of indie games are even closer to interactive movies than AAA games. There are lots of "walking simulators" out there.

The difference is that they are creative interactive movies while AAA games are almost always Michael Bay action.
>>
>>52422487
Only worthwhile place
>>
>>52423865
>The keyboard is just input advantage.
The point is that the keyboard isn't just an input advantage. It is the gameplay advancement. It enables proper experimentation and increasing gameplay mechanic depth when utilized properly.
The flight joystic is the other underused controller that needs more games (mech and space sim) which also has room for advancing and innovating gameplay.
But the point is that there are plenty of genres that have advanced beyond the capacity of the console controller.

>Lots of indie games are even closer to interactive movies than AAA games.
True. Though they market themselves appropriately for what they are, compared to that Michael Bay shit.
>>
>>52422044
this
i never ever had any kind of virus shit
and i hope you dumbasses dont mean "MY ANTI VIRUS WENT OFF BECAUSE IT SAID THE CRACK WAS A VIRUS" no shit you fags
>>
>>52421923
You think people should pay money to watch u.s. propaganda. You're a good little doggy aren't you.
>>
>>52420915
>Kickass torrents is dead
Why would anyone care?
>>
>>52423240
meanwhile GTA and MGSV were cracked
okay dude
>>
>>52422487
This:
>>52423943
USA may not be the only place on earth but it's they only one that mattered, the rest of the places are only good for vacation, making stuff, or throwing stuff out

Name a place that doesn't fall into those three categories
>>
>>52421923
nice job getting that many (You)s my friend
here have another one
>>
>>52424053
Enjoy your DMCA
>>
>>52424089
Like that matters?

Do you think that stops anyone in reality?
>>
>>52424053
>USA may not be the only place on earth but it's they only one that mattered, the rest of the places are only good for vacation, making stuff, or throwing stuff out, medicating yourself since in USA you have no right to be healthy and people won't care if you are bleeding to death in front of a hospital, and Internet as US Internet is the worst after Australia, China, and UK
>>
>>52420915
but kat.cr is online wat
>>
>>52420915
>private trackers
>>
>>52424138
Emergency rooms have a legal responsibility to stabilize all people before ejecting them, also the U.S. leads the world in medical technology and subsidizes our medical knowledge to the rest of the world (go ahead and look up best doctors in the world, any country, you'll find they were trained in the United States, and that the best equipment comes from the US)

As for internet:

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-net/2015/united-states

We are 19, but 2 for content
>>
>>52424364
>As for internet:
Comcast, Verizon, AT&T, the shitty cable monopoly.
I think i've said enough with this, as this alone is proof that USA is among the worst in the world in regards to Internet.
I'd rather not have Internet at all than have to pay these companies in USA. Thank fuck i don't live there.
>>
>>52424410
Which is being broken up by recent fcc labeling of the internet as a utility

It also supports net neutrality
>>
>>52420915
>downloads are full of malware and botnet
Are you retarded?
>>
>>52421923
1st world wonderlander gtfo.
>>
>>52420915
Yeah, kickass isn't the best, and certain downloads have always been full of malware. What's your point? It's been like this for years, this isn't anything new. No, 2016 isn't the year piracy dies. There's still good public trackers, usenet, DDL and private trackers. In addition to that, if torrents become deprecated, pirates will find another way. That's how it's always been. Remember LimeWire? Megaupload? Rapidshare? Napster? They shut down, sure, but did it kill piracy? Of course not.
>>
>>52421959
Who is it?
>>
File: _Kickass_Torrents_.png (52 KB, 709x292) Image search: [Google]
_Kickass_Torrents_.png
52 KB, 709x292
>>52420915
This is now a kat.ph achievement thread
this is my new account, old one got lost
>>
>>52423977
Also this. TPB may not be the best tracker, but it's leagues ahead of KAT. Kickass regularly responds to DMCA requests and takes popular torrents down. I'll admit they do have a nicer user profile page, and achievements are cool, but that doesn't excuse them cucking their users by deleting torrents 24/7.
>>
>>52421923
When I had Netflix, it somehow never had the movie I wanted to watch.

Just because it's cheap to simply let go of $10-20 for these shitty services and forget doesn't mean you should. All it does is perpetuate the low quality service/product as the company gets richer, what they sell gets watered down, and they gradually ask the customer for more and more money.
>>
>>52421923
>>52421965
Many people don't seem to realise that when Netflix says it is expanding to 190 countries, what that really means is 10% of Netflix content is available in those countries.
>>
>>52421923
B8
>>
>>52424922
There is no life outside of USA.
>>
>>52421923
>netflix
Can you give me your credit card number?
>>
File: 1451184781289.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1451184781289.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>52422044
>windows
>malware bytes always on
>never been infected

you can't make this shit up
never change /g/
>>
>>52422553
You know how fast people have been able to circumvent that?

not even an issue
>>
>>52423123
This
>>
>download Nickelback_Greatest_hits_cdrip.exe
>MA, I Z GOT DEM VIRUSES AGAIN
>>
>>52422554
He was being sarcastic. Understandably that's hard to identify on the internet.
>>
>>52423181
>need a copy of sketchup pro for a uni course
>classmate downloads it on the uni computers, can't install it there
>copies it to my laptop, installs it, shits it up
It was probably my fault for lending someone my computer. And for assuming people knew how to check whether the software was trusted or not
>>
>>52423311
>Absolute horse shit. They've used some of the most aggressive DRM measures over the years

Just because you're more assertive than a powerbottom getting fucked in the ass doesn't mean you're correct. You're more likely to referring to the AAA multiplat games like Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy that were published by Ubisoft, or EA games of recent memory. I'm having a hard time naming any indy-dev games that use super-strict DRM, which is why you had to qualify your claim.

>Not as expensive as the bill from piracy
Piracy is an opportunity cost. Denuvo mitigates piracy but like any DRM solution it costs money to implement. Since it's leading, I would infer it costs more than SecuROM. However I have no way of finding out because they NDA the fuck out of agreements like those.
>>
>>52426370
sage
>>
>>52426701
kiss me u weeb fagt
>>
File: 1450640843512.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1450640843512.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>>52426370
>malwarebytes protects you from getting viruses
Is like you don't even know what that program does.
>>
>>52424799
Jordan something or other, I dunno his last name
He's community Facebook trash that's "Facebook famous"
>>
>>52420915
>Kickass torrents is dead

since when
>>
>>52421940
The curry has made you paranoid.
All you see is DESIGNATED
>>
Is he taking a shit on the desk?
He looks Indian, so he must be.
>>
>>52426774
you sure dont
>>
>>52427098
It's fine for removing stuff, but sucks for active protection.
>>
File: 1444551454395.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1444551454395.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>52420915
>he went to the fake site
What a faggot.
>>
>>52424410
Why does nobody mention twc
>>
File: jordan.jpg (108 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
jordan.jpg
108 KB, 1600x1200
>>52426839
>Jordan
This is the only Jordan I know
>>
>kill napster
>THIS IS THE END OF PIRACY

>kill p2p
>SURE THIS IS THE END OF PIRACY

>kill rapidshare
>THIS ONE IS FOR SURE THE END OF PIRACY

>kill tpb
>OK, WE JUST TOOK DOWN THE BAY WHERE ALL PIRATES REUNITE, **THIS** IS THE END OF PIRACY

Piracy is just as resilient as corporate greed, it will never ever ever die.
>>
>>52421923
Google play music is better than Spotify desu, got all dem AC/DC's
>>
>>52427819
>tfw no
>>
>>52427974
Don't forget that without piracy the copyright alliance doesn't have a money laundering scheme at its grasp, by effect of being able to conjure up imaginary money out of thin air by projecting "potential losses" based on peer numbers in torrents.

Not to mention that they have overplayed their cards and attempts at portraying piracy as unethical and immoral so much, that 98% of public votes in UK called them mentally insane for trying to increase the capital punishment for filesharing up to 10 years, right in the level of what you get for murder, sexual assault, assaulting minors, threatening public safety with firearms (as in actually threatening and not just figuratively speaking).
Fucking copyright alliance just undermined the whole fucking reason the civilized world is trying to off the death penalty, the core reason being that example making is inhumane and simply doesn't work.
Not only that, but undermining the justice system and social stability by implying that the wallets of outsiders matter more than the lives of your nationals (a pretty big socio-political fuckup to make which will have its own consequences down the road), as taking away even 2 years, let alone 10, of someone's life, easily puts them out of any prospects for a job and the capability to feed themselves in the future. All for the sake of already rich wallets of foreign companies and publishers who ironically take away more than 60-80% of income from artists via slave contracts, compared to which piracy can't even be compared as a drop in a glass of water.

Not only that, but also undermining the value system, as digital entertainment in form of data (information in digital form) has a separate value system from material goods and resources or general form of information (such as education or economic archiving), which pits it as the most low level low priority form of value. Something even a 1st year student of operative managements fucking learns.
>>
>not using torrentz.eu

Literally a whole directory of all different torrent sties for you to download the exact same torrents found on KAT. Just use Reloaded or some other cracking groups website to find the latest games that are made available.
>>
>>52420915

Piratebay is still alive you absolute semon demon. KAT was DDSO'd a few days ago but it'll be back to normal for people on alternate proxies. It only shows a cached version of files from like 3/4 months when you click into the browse more section which sucks but more proxies will show up.

I've been using piratebay instead but there are so many other options out there. To say that KAT is dead is beyond ridiculous. You must be downloading .exe files for fucking Justin Beiber albums you little rent boy. There are no viruses on these sites unless you actually go looking for them.
>>
File: piracyisdead.png (153 KB, 1213x386) Image search: [Google]
piracyisdead.png
153 KB, 1213x386
>>52420915

Downloaded these for the new PC I'm building.

>yep, piracy is dead.
>>
>>52421965
>garth brookes
>>
>>52422496
Sometimes I do get strange connections blocked on peerblock. If they are viruses, how do I remove them, seeing as avast won't catch em?
>>
>>52422739
>having to pay on top of hulu plus just to get add-free
KEK
>>
>>52421923
My free netflix month ends literally today and I've gotta say this was by far the most pathetic excuse of a service I've ever tried out. I seriously just cannot understand why would people even consider paying for this heap of trash. The thing is missing out on entire seasons from some series that were already released like a whole fucking year ago. The movies are all ancient garbage and it's littered to the brim with some Literally Who trash.

Popcorn time is 22309472308948230914 times better than this POS.
>>
What do I even want from kat? I have about a TB of ROMS, about 7TB of anime, 2TB of manga, almost 500GB of novels and academic books, 2TB of music where half of it is lossy, and a plethora of PC gaymes. I will never finish all of it in a human lifespan given that I'm a wagecuck and obviously not going to live forever. Fuck, I wish I could archive everything and give it away but more than anything I wish I could be a shut-in and live comfortably.
>>
>>52428097
>Google play music is better than Spotify
this
>>52428097
>got all dem AC/DC's
not this
>>
>>52430270
>I share these sentiments
>>
>>52430346
>2016
>sharing
>>
File: 1436555328151.jpg (551 KB, 2913x2000) Image search: [Google]
1436555328151.jpg
551 KB, 2913x2000
>>52426714
brush your teeth first senpai
>>
>>52424922
And it's equally bullshit how Netflix said today that they're going to block anyone who uses a proxy to connect to US Netflix
>>
Knowledge is free my ass.
I got an email for pirating the Oxford handbook collection.
>>
Excited for IPFS.
>>
>>52424922
Yeah, not even kidding. My country has access to 14% of Netflix's collection. Still €10/month. Do they really expect me to subscribe? Lmao.
>>
>>52430033
Thanks for seeding Far Cry 4, anon.
>>
>>52430270
I feel it meng. How some people around the office tell me shit like.
>I'd be so bored without a job
Nigga, there's so much great entertainment out there. How could you possibly ever be bored as a human being in 2016.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.