[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have Verizon and my phone is due for an upgrade. Root access,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 2000px-Verizon_logo.svg.png (86 KB, 2000x1200) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Verizon_logo.svg.png
86 KB, 2000x1200
I have Verizon and my phone is due for an upgrade.

Root access, custom roms, and xposed are a must. What are my best options for someone coming from an S4 with a locked bootloader?
>>
>Verizon

Nothing
>>
Don't get stuck in the upgrade trap. Buy a phone outright and go with a cheaper prepaid plan. Straight talk is 45 dollars a month for 5gb of 4g and unlimited text and voice. It's even cheaper if you prepay for a whole year.
Phones really peaked around the time of the s4. The new "features" are mostly gimmicky shit.
>>
>>52420573
>Root access, custom roms, and xposed are a must
>Verizon

Are you actually this fucking stupid?

You aren't getting that, period.
>>
>>52421603

LG G2 offers all of this for 100 dollars used. The only thing it doesn't have is expandable memory and removable battery.
>>
File: 1450538114993.jpg (72 KB, 401x450) Image search: [Google]
1450538114993.jpg
72 KB, 401x450
>rooting, custom ROMs, Xposed are a must
>Verizon
>>
>>52421654
G2 has locked bootloader and there are ways around it, but lets not pretend it's as simple as it used to be. Also, while there is some development of custom ROMs for the G2, the verizon version is probably the most ignored.
>>
>>52420573
Nexus and HTC.Everything else is locked down as hell.
>>
>>52421747
I was looking at Nexus 6. Is it still rootable and have an unlocked bootloader at its current firmware?
>>
>>52421586
> 45 $ for 5gb of 4g

What the fuck?

I get 50gb of 4g for 4€..
>>
>>52420573
>Verizon
>root access, custom roms, and xposed
Is that even possible?
>>
>>52423841
Absolutely. They aren't allowed to fuck with Nexus devices. It took me like 3 minutes to unlock mine.I wish all phones were this easy.
>>
>>52423877
Welcome to the first world of the USA.
>>
File: lgsunrise.png (13 KB, 588x219) Image search: [Google]
lgsunrise.png
13 KB, 588x219
Got a G4 for -$40 through the trade in trick, it's okay.

Bootloader is locked, though. Still get root/xposed at least.
>>
>>52423901
Thats great news. Am I able to CM12 on it? If you have any experience could you link me to any guides that you may have used?
>>
>>52423877

Sorey, I'm an ameripoor

The best plans we have are unlimited data for like 60 dollars. They haven't offered these plans since the original iphone came out and they do everything they can to get customers with that plan to switch. I've seen a few screenshots of people with the unlimited plan that tether their laptops and use 700gb+ of 4g.
>>
>>52423963
>CM12
Yeah, I'm using CM13.
>Guides.
Just look up "how to unlock Nexus 6".There's no shortage of tutorials for this because it's about as easy as it gets.
>>
>>52424032
Thanks I think im sold. I was scared all Verizon phones locked their bootloader.
>>
>>52424032
http://www.androidrootz.com/2014/12/how-to-root-nexus-6-windowsmaclinuxubun.html
Pretty sure this was the guide I settled on in the end.
>>
>>52424049
No problem. The Nexus 6 isn't too bad of a phone either. It's damn good for a cheap phone.
>>
>>52424032
>>52424067
Out of curiosity, is Verizon your carrier?
>>
>>52424135
Yes.
>>
>>52424318
So if I pick up a new one from the Verizon store tomorrow I should be all good? I just want to be sure before I purchase one.
>>
I wish I could go with another provider that has unlocked bootloaders but the price i pay on Verizon is unbeatable. 23 bucks a month for 2gb of data. (I'm always on wifi) I also get 100 bucks off of a 2 year contract price for a phone with just 1 year of service.
>>
My unlocked nexus 6 works fine on Verizon, as do all. For "freedom" (as free as you'll get with jewgle anyways) the nexus 6 will be one of the best options.

You must be willing to split with your removable battery and microsd slot, though...
>>
>>52424927
Yes.
>>
>>52423892
It is for the Droid 4.
>>
I hate when people say verizon sucks, yea its expensive and phones suck but it has by far the best service in the west coast, at my,brothers house the ONLY phone service to,get 3g is verizon, and everytime my gf calls with t mobile it sounds like shit. When i went to alaska ketchikan sprint had no service whatsoever while verizon had 4g
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.