[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/, I just bought a dell latitude e6510 i7 720qm 4gb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: dell-latitude-e6510-1.jpg (75 KB, 545x390) Image search: [Google]
dell-latitude-e6510-1.jpg
75 KB, 545x390
Hello /g/,

I just bought a dell latitude e6510
i7 720qm
4gb ddr3
240gb SSD
NVIDIA NVS3100M
full hd 15 inch display
9 cell battery

I am pretty happy with it has aluminium body and backlit keyboard too.

The only thing is the cpu is at around 75-80 C

It's my first laptop so i don't really know if i should worry about it.
>>
>Dell
>>
>>52418338
>I have no arguments
>>
>>52418338
Dell or not dell 350€for that hardware didn't seem bad at all.
>>
>>52417554
Dell xps l701x 740qm here
Those temps are definitely normal...
Can reduce it to around 65-70 by using powersaving mode or limiting cpu clocks

Pretty shitty tbqh
>>
>>52419817
Still gonna replace the thermal paste. The air that it pushes out is not that warm so maybe there's a bad contact with the heatsink. Will post update tomorrow
>>
>>52418338
The Latitude e6xxxs are pretty good.

I still use my 6400 and the only thing that it lacks is RAM. The elusive 4GB DDR2-sticks are worth more than the machine itself.
>>
>>52417554
Replace thermal paste and you will be okay.
>>
>>52420735
Agreed. Bought a E6410 some time ago and it works extremely well. Doesn't feel cheap at all.
>>
>>52421986
Latitude and precision from dell is a recommended buy from /g/entooman beside thinkpad.
>>
>>52417554
Lol that is the first gen of the I7 series CPUs that run extremely hot. Idk why would you buy that.
>>
>>52417554
These guys haven't given you an answer yet.
Air compressor, open the case up, blow on it to make sure nothing is gonna blow away, and then unload with the air compresser and clear the fucker out.
Also, idk how but apparently you should replace the thermal paste? I'm not sure how to do that on a laptop honestly, I always thought the heatseat was permanent
>>
>>52422500
Most dells are pretty easy to disassemble. Heat sinks are removable, I've had to repaste mine a few times over the years.
>>
>>52422329
I don't know why not, it works like a swiss watch, super reactive and performance in photoshop is good.
>>
>>52417554
I have the same laptop. If you don't need the extra power, you can go into the bios and disable two of your cores. Its still runs really well and it uses a lot less power and produces a lot less heat. Most CPUs are rated to upwards of 100C. That's the danger zone.
>>
>>52425439
Thanks Anon, my temp went down significantly. It goes up to a max of 73 now and 62 on average

Will still replace paste but this is good advice especially considering i don't do a lot of multitasking.
>>
>>52425820
A good practice is elevating the laptop above the desk so that cool/fresh air can move uninhibited into the vents. I usually stick a coaster under the back corners to give some space for flow. Although I don't have the same model you do, this same idea practiced on the various laptops I've owned through the years yields a 5-10C difference (on average).
>>
>>52417554
>4gb ram
>weighs like a brick

wouldn't touch with a bat.
>>
>NVIDIA NVS3100M
found your problem

turn this off via bios, and you will get 10cc less and a lot of more battery life, turn it on when you use video editing or some shit. What integrated graphics do you have?
>>
As the creator of this tread, I just bought a HP 240 with the following characteristics:

Intel Celeron CPU N3050 @1.60Ghz (2 CPUs)
RAM: 4.0 Gb
Hard drive: 500Gb
Display: led 14"

This notebook has windows 8.1 64 bits :/ and honestly I do not like that OP But...
Do you think it is a good pc?. Currently I'm in the University and my plans are to use the HP just
for academic purpose, for example to install some programs like python, matlab, c++,etc.

Futhermore, I wonder if this notebook can run some old games with low or medium requirements (F.E.A.R, counter
strike, HALO 1,..)

I used the "dxdiag" comand ir order to watch some information about the computer and it shows me this:

name: intel(R) HD graphics
manufacturer: intel corporation
Chip: intel(R) HD graphics
DAC: internal
Aprox memory: 1792 mb

Soo.. What do you think ???
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.