[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is c,c++ programming easier on a windows,linux or mac?how and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: letöltés.png (5 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
letöltés.png
5 KB, 219x230
is c,c++ programming easier on a windows,linux or mac?how and why?
>>
Same on all platforms because of CLion, the greatest C++ IDE in existence. God, I love JetBrains!
>>
>>52417196
There's a stupid question thread up right now
>>
>>52417219
>1984+32
>Paying for an IDE
>>
wil not create another thread and ask here, what is /g/'s opinion on intel C++ compiler?
>>
Easier on a Mac duh. Xcode is sweet
>>
>>52417606
shit
use clang or gcc
>>
>>52417196
Linux.

Because vim + gcc / g++
>>
>>52417196
Just use Linux or Mac; Windows's command line support is so shit you're basically stuck depending on IDEs and their project files that aren't compatible across different versions and then break when you move files around. MSYS can help with the shell and automation issues but is a pain in the ass to set up and building libraries from scratch in a fake Unix-on-Windows environment may lead to strange issues with build systems.

C++ builds also take fucking forever on Windows because the system's I/O performance is abysmal when handling huge numbers of files. Visual C++ tries to work around this with precompiled headers with varying results.

Stick to cross platform libraries, avoid silly OS-specific assumptions and your code should work in all three systems, in any case.
>>
>>52417747
you can use those on any operating system, shithead
>>
>>52417796
>any OS
>not a free as in freedom GNU OS (GNU/Linux or GNU/Hurd)

Way to be a botnet cuck, boy!
>>
>>52417857
I'm not supporting those disgusting, non-free OS's, but you didn't really make a good argument for linux because you listed programs that are available on other OS's as well.
>>
>>52417796
just because you can, doesn't mean you should
>>
>>52417196

in linux you can do
man scanf
and get it's documentation
this alone is enough reason for me
>>
>>52417942
>using GNU stdlib
disgusting
>>
Cross Plattform: OSX and Linux, cause Posix. Windows has a really good IDE, but in the und it still cant really do something you cant do on other platforms too.

Plattform dependent: whatever plattform you develop for.
>>
>being a java fag
what about system32 dll,exe and shit.
how they compare to linux elf's and shit?
>>
>>52417942
you can do that on OSX too
>>
It doesn't really matter. Most loonix distros already come with GCC though, but it's not like VS or MinGW are that hard to install.
>>
>>52418176
what about this?

and a retarded question incoming:in which operating system is c++ the fastest if the libraries,compiler,code(as much as it can be)and all that shit is the same on all OSes.
>>
>>52417910
I prefer emacs and cross compiling from cygwin to mingw-w64 than to Visual Studio.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.