[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skylake Motherboard Suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 650x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 650x468
I am going to build a gaming rig but wish to economize a bit with the mobo in my build. I have an EVGA FTW 970, i5 6600K and 16GB DDR4 RAM. I thought of buying an MSI Gaming Z170 M3 but wish to know of there arw any better options. Overclocking is on the table but doubt I will use SLI in the near future. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you, beforehand.
>>
buy nothing with gaming in the.name
>>
File: Linux_sucks.gif (17 KB, 376x175) Image search: [Google]
Linux_sucks.gif
17 KB, 376x175
i personally fancy gigabytes z170x gaming 7 and asus maximus viii hero.

the gaming 7 has a great onboard audio solution by using creative's sound core chipset and has two m.2 slots.

the viii hero is just an overall great overclocking motherboard with a great audio solution (really asus did a great job with their alc1150 implementation) and asus has been pumping out bios updates every month to fix shit. asus fan bios fan control is also virtually the best in the market and has been for some time.

i personally have the viii hero and love it. been very stable and works great with my rip jaws v though if the gaming 7 was in stock when i got my viii hero i might of went with it for the slightly cheaper price, the extra m.2 slot, and sound core.

>>52416469
is a meme because there are equally as many shit non "gaymen" boards as there are "gaymen" boards.
>>
File: 1449557180954.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449557180954.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
>>52416375

>paying the stupidly inflated prices for a K series chip when non-K chips can be OCed now
>>
>>52418157
Unreliable.
>>
>>52418180
No it isn't. What a dumb post.
>>
>>52418180

Unreliable according to what? It's not as braindead easy as just cranking up multi and voltage, but it's almost as simple.
>>
>>52416375
Live with the integrated video until the new nvidia chip comes out Q2 2016
>>
>>52418247
Yes it is. What a dumb post.
>>
>>52418064
fuck of back to /r/pcmasterrace gaymer trash
>>
I bought a gigabyte z170 dh3p or whatever it was called and i5 6500 and r9 390 sapphire.
Get on my level OP.
>>
>>52416375
Asus Z-170A
>>
>>52418064
this.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.