[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
elementary OS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: 1000px-Elementary_logo.svg.png (50 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1000px-Elementary_logo.svg.png
50 KB, 1000x1000
OK explain something to me /g/

I've installed Elementary OS, I've been using it for a little while and I can understand the appeal of it, but why the logical fuck do you want this over any other version of UBUNTU!
Stop trying to hide the fact it is. It is literally ubuntu with docky -unity.
Elementary.io
mac.com
HMMM
no this isn't literally a Mac clone now is it. Seriously tho, it's another way of saying"Poor man's mac book" fucking hell /g/ I am disapoint in you for thinking this is an amazing OS when you can do so much more with almost any other OS. Gonna go get a real operating system now.
>>
>>52415462
Does the indicator-menu arrow still miss-align after 5 indicators?
>>
>>52415462
last I checked /g/ hated this, we must be browsing in different timezones
>>
>>52415649
dunno anything on that sorry

>>52415653
every few days I will see a thread praising elementary OS and someone people saying"OMG it's so sleek and pretty!"
>>
Stopped using that the moment the cursor fucked up dragging an icon. Such an obvious bug present on the latest and last version still not fixed.
>>
>>52415977
im working on getting ubuntu on a machine right now to see what else i can possibly too i suppose.
>>
As I see it, elementary wants to polish the DE and make something modern and pretty.
I don't personally think he succeeded and would not use another distro in order to get this.
Maybe if it was simply a ppa on regular Ubuntu, but it is not.
>>
Ubuntu is a garbage distro for garbage people. Use literally anything else.
>>
>>52416029
explain why. With out putting into much of your own opinion. I've never once had a problem with it.
>>
>>52416029
I am diagnosing you with autism
>>
Reminder:
http://liliputing.com/2015/02/elementary-os-devs-say-youre-cheating-dont-pay-free-software.html
>>
>>52416894
Autistic people don't know how to explain themselves. I would know, I know autistic people. Legit aspies. They have the hardest time explaining why they don't like something when they really don't. They just go along with the hate or the like with no real reason to.
>>
riced ubuntu
>>
>>52415462
>this is an amazing OS
No one on /g/ has ever claimed this. Ever. Not a single one. Seriously.
>>
>>52417300
ive seen /g/ threads.
>>
>>52416029
>This linux sucks! Use another linux!
Great advice captain dipshit
>>
>>52417336
are you sure those threads weren't just ironic shitposting threads like half of /g/ is?

I'm sure you can tell the difference, right?
>>
>>52417368
i've seen at them, i never really walked in one to see for myself.
>>
>>52417364
You mean GNU/Linux right?

seriously though, linux can refer to anything from an android phone to a literal toaster
>>
>>52417392
"MY TOASTER RUNS DOS! WHY DOESN'T YOURS!!!???"
>>
>>52417336
Probably the faggot Daniel himself
>>
>>52417392
>I can't infer from context how words are being used and lord knows how I even constructed this sentence as it's full of indexicals
>>
>>52417513
if people with autism had their own language, it would look like what you've wrote
>>
>>52417572
no, it would be most of /g/
I know how autistic people talk, not that dude you quoted. They talk nothing like him. /g/ has it's own retardation.
>>
>>52417572
you mean like english with a word borrowed from a philosophical discipline tacked on at the end? seems about right actually
>>
>>52415462
I tried it and my screen flickered like crazy, seems like they don't support intel integrated graphics or something like that.
>>
>>52417940
from reading the site an anon linked, they don't do a whole lot. Like it said, support Debian itself or Ubuntu, at least they care.
>>
I'm not really into Mac-clone distros, but when the devs basically said if you didn't donate you were stealing, then I basically knew the devs were shit.
>>
>>52415462
I've used eOS for 2 months. It was really pretty, too bad it was unstable and still has no good support for multiple language inputs.

I'm looking forward for their next release, it seems they'll use their own app center instead of USC.
>>
It's not sleek, feels gross to use it.

I switched to fedora last night and I'm happy now.
>>
>>52415462
it's the natural response to mint.

Mint = Hey let's grab ubuntu and make it windowsy

EOS = Hey let's grab ubuntu and make it OSXy

I don't mind tho. That's the whole point of GNULinux, muh freedoms. I'd never use EOS seriously because it has too many bugs and I need something extremely stable (which is why I use Debian) but I'm OK with projects like Mint and EOS that try to approach GNULinux to normies in he most friendly way they can.

The more the merrier.
>>
>>52415462
it just werks on my machine.
will probably switch to ubangtwo/mint MATE with 16.04 though.
>>
>>52419016
this anon gets it.

other faggots complain that people use anything else than linux, once they make something for that group so they can start using linux they bitch about it nonetheless.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.