[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you know some good books about Windows 10 ? I mean its internal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Do you know some good books about Windows 10 ?

I mean its internal operation and characteristics of user functions and possibly the kernel.

>picture related, Windows internals is very good but I think we need to wait long to see the next edition .
>>
Ok , apparently most people here prefer strutting with their new supercool i3 conf on Gentarch and complaining about botnets on mainstream OS , but nobody wants to understand how they really work ?
>>
I don't think enough has changed in the kernel to need a new windows internals book just yet
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Internals-Book-User-Edition/dp/0735684189

7th edition is in the works.

"Azius principals Brian Catlin and Jamie Hanrahan have signed with Microsoft Press to write Windows Internals, 7th Edition, Book 1: "User Mode." The 7th edition will cover Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2. Book 1 will primarily cover user mode aspects (the internals of application support) and system management mechanisms. New coverage for the 7th edition will include .NET, graphics and the desktop, Windows RT, Windows Store applictions, and server management features, as well as expanded coverage of networking.

Books 2 and 3 are still in the planning stages, but our current plans are for Book 2 to cover kernel mode components and mechanisms, and Book 3, new for this edition, will describe the architecture and operation of the various Windows device driver models. "
>>
>>52413340
Why would you want to learn about closed-down greedy spyware crap, when there is a free and superior OS that you can actually read the code and modify it.
>>
>>52413340
kek, good bait
"Gentarch" almost made me laugh
posted from i3 on arch on lunch break, while working in another tile unlike you
>>>/v/
>>
>>52413367
Because it's the most used.
And most of softwares are designed to run on it.

>nothing much
>>
>>52413361
Interresting, but It look like they just added all the crappy bullshits about Xbox stuff and Tablets.

>>52413354

Do you mean that windows 10 is just 7 with botnets???
>>
>>52413374
That's not a reason itself. Justin Bieber is popular too, are you following his life?
>>
>>52413466
I'm too lazy/dumb to argue, but i'm pretty sure your comparison isn't right.
>>
>>52413456
>just added all the crappy bullshits about Xbox stuff and Tablets.

It's actually quite important as a unified Windows kernel across all platforms is a huge part of MS future plans. They've managed to do this with Windows 10.
>>
>>52413504
kek.
>>
>>52413367
Why do you care about what other people do in their free time?
>>
>>52413640
I am just informing him that learning "internals" of a closed down OS makes no sense when there is a viable alternative which is open and can be read and fully understood.
>>
Raymond Chen is the man if you want to know obscure facts about Windows
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.