[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 and Themes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: RGB.png (684 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
RGB.png
684 KB, 1600x900
Has anyone managed to get Windows 10 working with themes yet? Microsoft patched some shit in the November update, so it made doing full skins like pic related impossible, unless you replace some critical system files with older versions. I did it and it broke my Windows, and I tried about 10 times before giving up.

It's really disheartening that Microsoft refuses to give any love to people who have shit eyes and can't stand the color white 24/7, but meh.

At this point, I'm tempted to just jump ship and go to Linux. To Hell with the Windows exclusive applications, I'd rather lose that shit than put up with this bullshit.
>>
Fuck off to linux and never come back, cancer.
>>
>>52411268
You can try f.lux to change color warmth, but to continue skinning your OS you'll have to change your OS. I would recommend any Linux distro with KDE, this DE is relatively heavy on system resources (~512MB RAM usage, most others use ~128-256MB), but it has a ton of inbuilt configuration options and most applications will respect those options and adjust their own look. For example, it takes around 15-20 clicks to switch to dark theme and most apps will adjust their colors to match. And you probably already know some global dark themes for Firefox too.
>>
>>52411318
mad

>>52411370
God I just don't feel good about leaving behind shit like c# and Foobar and all that good shit. And yeah, I have everything dark except the acutal OS.
>>
>>52411453
> c#
Why not use MonoDevelop then?
>>
I personally use Gray10 Colors.It works well enough
>>
>>52411500
I heard it was unfinished, and barely usable? Like only the bare, bare basics are there?

I'd honestly be fine not switching to Linux, but just having Linux and Windows dual booted, and just using Linux for work. The problem with that is C#.
>>
>>52411268
Just fucked around with W10 customization. Why do they make it so hard to change things as simple as colors and boot sounds nowadays? It can't hurt them.
>>
>>52411532
What version of Windows 10? I'm honestly considering figuring out a way to downgrade to the version before they fucked over all the themes, and just not updating from now on. This is so annoying.
>>
Why even use Windows 10 at all ?
>>
File: Untitled.png (15 KB, 460x406) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15 KB, 460x406
>>52411600
Pro version, 10240
>>
File: 1430522561503.jpg (59 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
1430522561503.jpg
59 KB, 312x312
>>52411647
>>
>>52411689
To each their own
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193 KB, 1920x1080
>>52411268
>Windows and themes
>>
>>52411453
>"mad"
>he brought up a legitimate point
>you're essentially saying "if [x candidate] gets elected i'm moving to [x country]"

Don't worry, you'll be back on Windows within a week.
>>
>>52411647
Yeah that's one where the patches work correctly.

The update that came out November busted it all. 10586.

>>52411725
He didn't bring up a legit point? He just said to fuck off back to Linux? What was the point in that? I know you're an average fa/g/ who probably religiously worships Java, but please try to use some logic.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.