[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best audio format & bitrate for mobile in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What's the best audio format & bitrate for mobile in regards to quality and size?
>>
DTS
>>
128 mp3.
Size is good + audio isn't as noticeable on headphones, unless you're an audiophile in which case you'll never be happy.
>>
>>52409014
Unless you have shit headphones, the difference between 128 and 320 is pretty clear.
>>
>>52408740
128kbps vbr Opus.

Good quality and ~60% less file size ez than its mp3 320kbps counterpart.
>>
>>52409214
Not if it's encoded right, or you're using a portable amp with higher quality headphones, in which case yea you're right..... But who the fuck does that?
>I don't.
>>
>>52408740
Opus, Ogg
>>
192kbps mp3 always felt like a good middle ground to me.
>>
Not

f l a c
L
A
C

Vomit vomit
>>
>>52408740
this varies from person to person depending on listening enviroment and the persons listening equipment (up to and including the persons ears)

do double blind tests starting with low quality, go up in quality until you can no longer distingish the difference between the low quality file and lossless file.
>>
v0 mp3
>>
>>52411294
> flac on mobile
Nice meme senpai

I use 192kpbs Vorbis. Chances are that if you are using your mobile for playback it will be outside with other noises around. You probs won't notice a huge difference unless your isolated and even if you do it's not too terrible.
>>
q92 AAC. It's standard so it just werkz on all devices. You can debate Vorbis vs AAC all the way to the moon so it's just a matter of personal preference at this point. I discovered AAC and got used to it. No reason to change.
>>
>>52408740
320 cbr mp3, just out of sheer simplicity.
>>
File: 66ytT0e.png (155 KB, 708x630) Image search: [Google]
66ytT0e.png
155 KB, 708x630
>>52411294
>Lossless audio on a mobile DAC
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.