[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of getting PIA (for real this time), but I'm too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (1 KB, 81x43) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1 KB, 81x43
Thinking of getting PIA (for real this time), but I'm too much of a retard. Someone said to
>Look at their SOCKS5 proxy wiki for configuring your torrent client directly and you don't even need to start the little program pia makes you dl

But, I read horror stories about still getting copyright claims. I use Deluge and Windows 7 and want to download mad shit from kat.cr so I can end my spotify membership. I've been caught in teh past.

Please someone step by step redpill this retard
>>
Can I post on 4chan if I use PIA?
>>
>>52408550
just configure your client to stop the torrent as soon as it finishes
>>
>>52408613
Thats not enough security for me I'm afraid
>>
File: IMG_2262.jpg (731 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2262.jpg
731 KB, 3264x2448
>>52408561
Pls respond
>>
>>52408881
No
>>
>>52408881
left. I'd wait
>>
pretty sure qbittorrent has an option to disable connections for only the proxy

just dl qbittorrent
>>
>>52408881
Id fug them
>>
>>52408937
>wait
>>
>torrenting through a VPN
>torrenting through Tor
>torrenting through anything
Bittorrent is an insecure protocol that leaks your IP to other peers even when you're using a proxy. Just use mega f a m.
>>
>>52408550
Take the What.CD Interview if it's music that you're looking for. Public trackers have tons of unseeded content and many of that is music. On What, there's little to no unseeded torrents. Everyone seeds here, just for you (you have to seed like everyone else).

Use utorrent 2.2.1 for windows.
>>
torrent over TOR
ignore the warnings that say "don't torrent over tor" - just make deluge push everything over the proxy
i use it and it works
>>
>>52408924
Well fuck privacy then, I need to shitpost.
>>
>>52409033
I have no idea what TOR is or what to do with that. I just search on kat.cr all teh fucking time and download
>>
>>52408881
l e f t
e
f
t

A best
>>
>>52408550
Just get seedbox jeez are you retarded forget the fucking vpn its not for torrenting seedbox is fuck
>>
>>52409105
wat is seedbox? Do I need a new PC to seed with? Pls no bully
>>
>>52409072
https://www.markmonitor.com/services/antipiracy.php
They do this to kat.cr too. Choose private trackers, and you will never, EVER have to go to public ones agin.
>>
>>52409121
A V--

No, fuck this. I'm not spoonfeeding you.
>>
>>52408881
1 3 2 4 5
>>
>>52409160
pls, i already got a notice for torrenting, I cant afford to get another one. Im not a CS major, just a regular guy
>>
>>52409184
This
>>
>>52409197
wikipedia: seedbox
>>
>>52409252
tell me which one to get and how to set up deluge with it in win7 :)
>>
>>52409184
counting from right to left, right?
>>
>>52409264
I like seedboxes.cc

Now fuck off and look shit up yourself
>>
>>52409321
how to integrate ?
>>
I use PIA, can't post on it as far as I know.

Just remember it is probably safe for downloading copy written shit, it won't save you if someone really wants to track you. Especially the Feds. You are TRUSTING PIA to protect your data.

TOR is fine too for downloading, but I try to stay away from TOR. It's not any safer really, and known TOR nodes can actually bring attention to yourself for closer inspection.

Both are probably fine for downloading. It's like having locks for your house. It can't keep anyone out that really wants in. But it's a good idea.
>>
>>52409571
You can post via VPNs with a 4chan Pass™.

Buy today!
>>
>>52409610
i didnt know japanese people could be jewish
>>
>>52408550
i been using pia for about two years now and downloading the terabytes of stuff off those torrent sites
i use a raspberry pi and a nas to download stuff round the clock
there are nice guides online that will walk you through it
>>52409571 makes a good point
so long as you dont go downloading cheese pizza, you can torrent plenty
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.