[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today upon waking up I CANNOT get my computer to power on. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: LewdRenge.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
LewdRenge.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Today upon waking up I CANNOT get my computer to power on. I press the power button and all I hear is a click echoing from the PSU and a slight buzzing noise if I hold down the power button. My red mobo LEDS which usually "breathe" in and out are now a solid red. There is also a soft intermittent screeching coming from around the power supply which gets worse whenever I try to push the power button. I try turning the PSU on and off, nothing. I then notice that my case fan LED's which are built into my cases (corsair 500r) preinstalled fans are still lit up slightly, even though the computer AND power supply have been switched off.

I flipped the switch on my power strip which got everything off. Then after I turned the power switch and PSU back on did the computer boot up finally.

After that I tried putting the computer to sleep, upon trying to wake it up with my keyboard I hear a click from the computer and my computer goes from sleep to off. (but with those case fan LED's still slightly glowing) I do the power strip reset and get it running again.

I shut down the computer in windows, same story.

Restarting the computer in windows works just fine.

After some trial and error, I found that my computer only does this when my graphics card is plugged into my monitor, the card is a 980ti. (the soft screeching from the PSU is still present) Other USB peripherals are just fine. Computer runs fine on the IGPU too, issue only happens when I'm using the 980ti.

My PSU also screeches like Kim Petersen whenever I just move my mouse across the desktop and running the IGPU.

Is my new PSU DOA? Did my card shit itself?

I'm RMAing the card as we speak and newegg is sending me a new PSU in advance, what just fucked my shit up so bad senpai?
>>
just restart your router and it will work again
>>
>I just move my mouse across the desktop
Well stop doing that
>>
>>52404364
>>52404701

The memes are cheering me up thanks guys. I'm just concerned my computer is going to implode.
>>
File: 1425319450222.jpg (54 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1425319450222.jpg
54 KB, 392x500
>>52404737
git gud or get a new computer
>>
>>52404198
P-Please don't sexualize Renge
>>
>>52404844
No I'm upset
>>
I hope you find a solution, OP.

Cute gif btw desudesu
>>
>>52404198
DELETE THIS
>>
>>52404198
I hope no one helps you; stop sexualizing the non nons
>>
File: badmobo.png (2 MB, 1198x1021) Image search: [Google]
badmobo.png
2 MB, 1198x1021
Starting to think it could very well be my mobo. I get shit like this when re-sizing game windows.
>>
>>52406557
Heard this is probably just my IGPU drivers being out of date, not going to mess with it.
>>
Besides installing Gentoo, anything else you /g/ents think I should try?
>>
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.