[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your BSD fun going lately? Happy to be using real Unix?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: pong.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
pong.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
How's your BSD fun going lately?
Happy to be using real Unix?
>>
>>52402414
Getting my anus prepared for it
>>
>memeBSD
>>
We - are - family!
I got all my beasties and me!
>>
>>52403464
It's kinda sad how the left side of the family tree will never be released under a permissive of free software license. The only exception is OpenSolaris
>>
>>52403691
I meant right side.
>>
>>52402414
*BSD is NOT Unix. Read up fucking Wikipedia if you are too dumb for real Literature
>>
>>52404047
BSD WAS Unix. They became better than Unix and then removed themselves from the Unix lineage so other people could use their OS without having to pay thousands of dollars to AT&T. By the time of the lawsuit Unix was more BSD than BSD was Unix.
>>
File: logo-ucberkeley[1].png (120 KB, 716x250) Image search: [Google]
logo-ucberkeley[1].png
120 KB, 716x250
>>52404047
>>52404133
More like this:
BSD is Unix re-written from scratch based on the original Unix manpages, following the original unix programming philosophy:

"Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a universal interface."
>>
>>52405313
that's why i think emacs is shit, its an OS that lacks a decent text editor
>>
Is PCBSD still a buggy mess? I don't mind a bit of bloat, I'm just too lazy to configure FreeBSD from scratch and GhostBSD is one version behind
>>
>>52405356
Emacs isn't part of the BSD base system. That's Stallman's program.

Is there even such thing as a "decent text editor"?
>>
>>52406870

By avoking memes you try to slide the thread, Linuxfag.

BSD MASTERACE
>>
>>52406923
What are you talking about? FreeBSD has ee(1) and vi(1) built in. Emacs is in ports, and was literally written by stallman.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.