[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WRISTPAD GENERAL What wristpad do you have? If not, why don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: wristpad general.png (148 KB, 737x467) Image search: [Google]
wristpad general.png
148 KB, 737x467
WRISTPAD GENERAL

What wristpad do you have?
If not, why don't you have one?

>Typin'
>Wristin'
>Restin'
>Leanin'
>>
>>52401343
Supposedly it's better not to use wristpads but float your hands above the keyboard as you're typing. Is it really? How many people are resting their hands while typing, how many are floating them?
>>
>>52402043
floating your hands above can lead to RSI, its much better to get a wrist pad with a decent amount of height so your fingers and wrists don't have to strain up to reach the keys.
>>
What about for mice?
>>
>>52401343
cuz i aint no faggot boy

i bet you wear gloves when its cold
>>
>>52402043
if you need a wrist pad it means your desk to arm rest ratio is incorrect

if you don't have arm rest your kb should be in your lap
>>
>>52402482
You should get an oppai mouse pad.
>>
>what wristpad do you have
A block of wood. I cut it to size, rounded the edges, stained it, then put some rubber feet on the bottom. Works well for me.
>>
File: 51+HF-ZzNlL._SL1500_[1].jpg (33 KB, 1500x501) Image search: [Google]
51+HF-ZzNlL._SL1500_[1].jpg
33 KB, 1500x501
I stole one from a data entry job 6 years ago and I still use it.
>>
>>52402482
Been using this baby for about 2 years. Mine's worn down to the black foam in the middle over most of it due to excessive use but if I close my eyes I can picture it.
>>
>>52403602
I've seen some with "boobs", but this is just obscene.
>>
>>52402947
So armrests should be on desk surface levels? My chair is more wobbly if the seat is higher so I tend to keep it lowered all the way down. As a result of this, the arm rests are a few inches below desk level. How bad could it be?
>>
>>52402524
What's wrong with wearing gloves if it's really cold, is freezing our hands off better?
>>
>>52402171
>floating your hands above can lead to RSI
Funny, because I heard the opposite (i.e. that resting your wrists while typing can lead to RSI/carpal tunnel syndrome). So what's the deal really?
>>
>>52402043
Move keyboard to the edge of your desk and lean your palms against the edge while typing.
Set your desk height to the resting height of your elbow for the mouse.

source: I have been using a PC for 15+ years and the only time I got discomfort after using was at a job where I couldn't adjust the height. My right arm(mouse) started feeling weird after a month and after complaining I got a proper desk chair.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.