[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firefox update
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 13308564.jpg (96 KB, 483x604) Image search: [Google]
13308564.jpg
96 KB, 483x604
What a fucking mess :(
>>
Bitch died when they threw her in the oven.
>you'll be hotter
They said.
>it will give you a nice tan
They said.

FFFFFFuck Mozzarella.
>>
>>52401131
what? AGAIN?
>>
Someone needs to put an end to this bullshit. Chromium4Life
>>
>>52401131
> baked.jpg
>>
>>52403036
Google still forced the botnet down people's throats
>>
>>52401131
Enlighten us on the details maybe? I CBA to google shitfox news anymore.
>>
>>52403292
Female coding efforts.
>>
Is chrome the better option right now?
>>
>>52403326
I said details, anon, not headlines.
>>
>>52403412
Chrome has been the better for quite a while now.
>>
>>52403530
There's a shit update every other week and they are removing features, deprecating things and basically turning firefox to a shit chrome. Literally no one asked for or wants to use google botnet extensions, but that didn't stop mozilla from adding that shit.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>52403605
You're making me google this shit now because I still don't know details.
>>
>>52403631
On second though: anyone got a link? Trying to google firefox update news is a hopeless task.
>>
>>52403658
second this
>>
What's the latest firefox version before that UI change?
I forgot the number
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>52404049
>wanting to use outdated versions of any software
>>
Okay, what's the problem with the update? I didn't see shit change? It's fucked up as it is, tho.
So for best results:
* you configure via about:config
* you use:
browser.tabs.drawintitlebar = FALSE
browser.search.showOneOffButtons = FALSE
browser.fixup.alternate.enabled = FALSE
keyword.enabled = FALSE
* you add a more blocky skin to get rid of chrome-like look (eg: FTDeepDark)

OR

you ditch firebird and use vivaldi
>>
>>52404416
Changelist link?
>>
>>52401131

yo what the fuck did they do this time mang?

I switched to Chrome yesterday and haven't looked back.

Firefox 43 hangs and freezes and crashes like there's no tomorrow
>>
>>52401131
What version are you niggers even talking about?
>>
>>52404049
28 but that shit is too old, you should not use it.
Anyways if you don't wanna listen at least use 24ESR while it might be even more outdated, feature wise, it's actually on par with FF32 security wise.
>>
File: 500px-Iceweasel_icon.svg.png (155 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
500px-Iceweasel_icon.svg.png
155 KB, 500x500
Master race reporting in.
>>
>>52404997
Sorry, it's just personal "always change when fresh installing" thrown together over time. I don't have a specific source.

The first one forces title bar to remain clean (I had some rendering issues and I hate apps that intrude in window titlebar).

The rest should remove phone-home "enhancments" of the search box and url box. I forgot really. But i want my url box to be url-only and my search box to search. I don't want to expose my internal hostnames to the internet every time I make a typo and it does not resolve.

Additionally, consider using the following addons:

* adblock of choice
* download helper (for saving utoob videos)
* downthemall (for 4chan)
* ipvfox (to see where connections are going)
* noscript (to make pages nicer and less smart)
* requestpolicy (to prevent XSRF attacks)
* self destructing cookies (to resist tracking via cookies)
* ghostery (further reducing radar cross section)

After this, what I need to look into is make my browser fingerprint less unique. There are several sites that give you the "uniqueness assessment", what I found right now with a brief search are: panopticlick.eff.org and amiunique.org.
>>
>>52404122
>>52405759

While I also strive to use latest-and-greatest, what I am intrigued about is the following:

Software does not have expiry date and it does not rot. So the only issue is security; newer browsers will have certain security-relevant bugs patched. I am not following security updates, so I have no clue of severity of these bugs. But are they bad? I mean, if I am using sandboxed browser, how bad can things get?

The practical issues are usually old browser not being able to render the new pages to the extent that if pages have forms, they are unusable.
>>
>>52405779
Wat ist dis magical creature
>>
>>52406236
Es ist ein Iceweasel, freund.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Corporation_software_rebranded_by_the_Debian_project#Iceweasel
>The term "ice weasel" appeared earlier in a line which Matt Groening fictionally attributed to Friedrich Nietzsche: "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
>>
>>52406213
Software doesn't expire but it can be rewritten to work better, faster, more stable, etc over time
>>
File: dafuk.jpg (15 KB, 299x293) Image search: [Google]
dafuk.jpg
15 KB, 299x293
>>52401131

>not using Chrome
>>
>>52401131
>Check
>Firefox is up to date
7/10 made me check
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (23 KB, 330x290) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
23 KB, 330x290
>>52406371
> Voluntarily using Chrome
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.