[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he connects to 4chan via the https:// protocol >the s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1434175606381.jpg (21 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1434175606381.jpg
21 KB, 480x600
>he connects to 4chan via the https:// protocol
>the same protocol used to secure financial transactions and other critical communications worldwide
>he thinks he's not "safe" from eavesdropping
>he thinks he's "being watched"
>>
You do realise the authorities can court order your financial records, that you sent using HTTPS? You do realise that HTTPS says not enough about a Web server's security as it says nothing about whether it still uses SSL (deprecated as per IETF RFC 7568) instead of TLS (namely 1.2), or which weak cipher suites the Web server supports?
>>
>living in amelica where any of this matters
loving every laugh
>>
>>52401055
There's not really even any proof that it matters in America... well until TPP passes but then a lot of countries will be fucked.
>>
Do you actually trust your certificate store on your system? (looking at you, Lenovo and Dell, with your preposterous pre-installed Superfish malware) Do you even do certificate pinning? Are you sure the backend databases are secure, up-to-date and not vulnerable to any well known vulnerabilities?
>>
>>52401055
Bait? The technology OP refers to is country agnostic, dummy.
>>
>>52400871
who are you quoting?
>>
Do you even understand the difference between how HTTPS works, and how end-to-end encryption works?
>>
I use it because cloudflare's TLS proxies are less likely to be filtered for some reason, or maybe the dumb gateway proxy is stupid and uses the Host: header to make filtering rules.
>>
>>52400871
thank you for remind me to install https everywhere

i recently reinstalled my OS
>>
Do you even know how to turn on your computer?
>>
File: Good_Luck_I_m_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg (44 KB, 455x300) Image search: [Google]
Good_Luck_I_m_Behind_7_Proxies.jpg
44 KB, 455x300
>>52400871
>he's shilling unsecure protoclos for free
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.