[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If i get the 250 ohm verison of these headphones. Can i still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 770.jpg (1 MB, 1859x2362) Image search: [Google]
770.jpg
1 MB, 1859x2362
If i get the 250 ohm verison of these headphones. Can i still use the on my phone?

I would plan on getting an amplifier eventually but in the mean time could i use them on my computer and phone? I know they have a long chord. Ill only be using them at home
>>
they will sound like shit
>>
>>52398264
like how shit tho?
>>
no, you cant
>>
>>52398274
low volume and shitty muffled sound with the driver not getting enough juice to it
>>
You'll need to buy a portable headphone amp.
>>
beyer ear rape aka beyerpeak
>>
My phone drives them ok , not very loud though.
About half as loud as my iem's
>>
>>52398237
placebo tech
>>
>>52398237

they work allrite. you dont really NEED an amp. i def dont suggest you get them specifically for your phone. they dont really scream to be powered.
>>
>>52398237

OP I just bought the 32 ohm version and I'm waiting for it to be delivered tomorrow.

Just simplify your life and get the 32 ohm version.
>>
>>52398237
newfag question.

What's the difference between a low ohm and a high ohm headphone? Why would I ever need a high ohm HP?

Explain like I'm a 10 year old.
>>
>>52398942
i just really want to coiled cable, and that only comes with the 250
>>
>>52399005

more powerful thing (> ohms) want / need more power *can* make thing sound better

recording studio or audiophile will notice difference between having lower ohm and higher ohm

typical user will not
>>
>>52399245

Understandable but the 250, 80 and 32 ohm sound different you know?

Your phone won't likely have the power to drive the 250 ohm, I'd say being able to us it with your phone is worth not having the coiled cable
>>
There was no difference in the 80 Ohm and 250 Ohm version on my LG G2.
Source: I tried them both
>>
>>52399349
Your phone probably under powered both of those
>>
>>52398237
Have the 990 Pro 250 Ohm. More than loud enough on my phone (HTC One Mini)
Sound way better on my PC with an amp.
>>
>>52399305
thanks for the input. im really considering the 32 now
>>
>>52399269
So placebo, got you.
>>
Tried them, loud enough on LG g4. Even a hd650 is doable, barely though.
>>
>>52399740
I don't know if Anon has any clue about what he said but with a higher impedance you can very simply spoken reproduce more accurately
just don't think that the impedance on the spec chart doesn't make a difference
oh but yes like most of the times your average consumer doesn't have to care at all while talking about impedance unless it comes to an extreme case of not so powerful mobile device vs high impedance HP
>>
>>52398237
I have the 250 ohm and use them fine with any portable device that has a an amp built in. Any of the iOS devices are fine, a lot of the samsung models are shit.

Buy a headphone amp if you want to be 100% sure they'll be okay.
But if you're using an iphone as your pmp, you'll be fine.
>>
>>52398237
>f i get the 250 ohm verison of these headphones. Can i still use the on my phone?
You surely can but they'll likely be quiet.

>>52398338
>shitty muffled sound with the driver not getting enough juice to it
No, just low SPL.

>>52399269
No, you have no idea what you are talking about. It's the exact opposite. Higher impedance load requires less power but more voltage. There is absolutely no correlation with sound quality and headphone impedance.

>>52399369
If anon got high enough volume, it didn't.

>>52399740
No. Nothing to do with placebo either. The reason why Beyerdynamic makes multiple impedance versions of the same headphones is that you have an option for a wide range of uses. 32 Ohm will be driven loudly from almost pretty much anything. 80 Ohm will be a good middle ground option which is usually easy to power from mobile devices and you still have a good range of volume adjustment from more powerful sources. The 250 Ohm version is designed for high powered outputs like dedicated headphone amplifiers and a lot of studio gear. The 32 Ohm versions have had some poor channel matching and overall poor fidelity compared to the 80 and 250 Ohm versions and as the 80 Ohm is generally considered a headphone which doesn't require an amplifier, it's best just to skip the 32 Ohm version.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.