[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am reading ghost in the wire from Kevin Mitnick and that got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: cat.webm (2 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
cat.webm
2 MB, 852x480
I am reading ghost in the wire from Kevin Mitnick and that got me interested in computer security.
I'm trying to learn more on the subjet so I am gathering materials.
>the cyber related irc channels "banned" me by default
>DEFCON conferences I watched on youtube gave no practical knowledge. Just a dude speaking empty words for half an hour without mentioning relevant practical informations.
>I don't like the "lol, put sugar in the gas tank of the car of the dude you don't like" mentality of lainchan community.

What DEFCON or other conferences are GOAT? What ressources would you recommend to built a technical culture on security?
>>
>>52397820
What did that cat mean by that?
>>
>>52397838
I dunno. But nice cats makes my all my angriness vanish.
>>
Kevin teaches that computer security is actually people security. All the secure passwords in the world won't help if someone rings your accountant and she just gives someone the password.
>>
keep looking on youtube for DEFCON lectures. there are literally decades of material - thats just on youtube.

google anything you don't know, and if it seems really juicy, see if a torrent exists. For example I ended up finding 5 gigs of pdfs just on C programming.

desu I would start at what you find interesting about compsec and find somepart of the field to dive deep into the weeds in. e.g. I've never felt more alive than when I started dtracing system calls on my illumos box.
>>
>>52397849
Defcon is more of a 'look what I found out or did' kind of thing along with ccc, blackhat, shmoocon, hitb. They just give you the overview of what's happening, if any of the topics interest you more you are more than welcome to research it deeper.
>>
>>52397820
Read Schneier's books
Read about using encryption in general (PGP etc)
>>
>>52397858
Besides ghost in the wire, the art of deception and the art of intrusion. He's an interesting dude, who knows how to get the reader interested. Where to get more?

>>52397884
Thanks for the insight.

>>52397858 and >>52397878
Thanks, I'll google the keywords and hopefully gradually deepen into the subject.
>>
>>52398221
Catartump?
>>
>>52398310
C A T
A 〿 R
T 〿 U
〿〿 M
〿〿 P
〿〿 2
〿〿 0
〿〿 1
〿〿 6
>>
make sure you do all your research on a linux box
>>
>>52398345
I do use Arch / Ubnutu on my personnal devices.
What. But what happens if I use windows? Even though researching on Linux, I use google so my searches can be traced back to my gmail account if google have this power.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.