[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chinkpad Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_20160113-184547~2.jpg (155 KB, 1440x1014) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160113-184547~2.jpg
155 KB, 1440x1014
Hey /g/,

> I have a CarbonX1 ThinkPad
> By default middle button acts as a scroll which is useless to me
> I've spent the past 30mins trying to change it to act as a third click
< Anyone know how?

TL;DR: How do I change the middle button to third Click?
>>
>>52395811
>>>/wsr/
>>
click on it -> third click
press and hold -> scroll

If you want to change that, xinput
>>
>>52395834
It doesn't work as a third click, if it did it should be able to close chrome tabs.etc
>>
Yeah, don't buy fucking trash lenovo
>>
>>52395925
You're right, let me just sell my laptop and buy a mac
>>
>>52395811
Install Gentoo, by which I mean Linux handles it as mouse button 2 as it should.

>but I get cucked by Microsoft and NSA voluntarily
OK, open regedit. HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\UltraNavPS2
"TrackPointMode" -> dword:00002214 (Should be 1214 originally.)

Then reboot. It's recommended you now delete C:\Windows\System32, reboot again and install Gentoo.
>>
>>52396067
Thank bro, it worked, I'll proceed to delete C as instructed
>>
>>52395917
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TrackPoint

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_the_TrackPoint

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/Trackpoint
>>
>not buying a t420 blaze it for $200
>dat durability
>dat blazin it

enjoy your broken chicklets faggot
>>
Dude! What version do you have? The 1440p one? I'm considering buying one to go along with my chromebook pixel 2015
>>
>>52396393
Also, as much as I'm going to get flamed, the fucking screen/keyboard/track pad are amazing. I mean, fuck. I charge it once every 3-4 days.
>>
>>52396393
Yeah I have the 3rd gen 2015 max specs, its fucking great. The screen is beautiful btw, just make sure to remove the shitty anti glare. The only thing that's meh are the speakers. Don't listen to the cheap shills on /g/, if I were you I'd look at the new Yoga X1 they showed off at CES, it has an OLED screen. Otherwise buy this or wait for the next Carbon X1
>>
>>52395811
have you tried going into the mouse options...?
>>
>>52396526
No shit Shill, the gooks at Lenovo removed that option. You have to edit the reggit now
>>
>>52396535
Sadly this. Winblows 10 removed the option. If you dl the drivers for the touch pad and take a look at the settings for the driver after you install it you'll see an option to enable an action other than scrolling but it no longer works. Kinda sucks.
>>
>>52396386
Tfw bought a t420 for 300€ and its nice. How Bad did i fuck myself up? (300€ included a 2 year warranty and a new battery)
>>
>>52397276
original battery alone is 100€
i payed mine also 300€ with new orignal battery and shipping
>>
Works on my Thinkpad

I'm running the latest Mint
>>
>>52396386
tfw I want a thinkpad but I also want a 4th gen or upwards intel processor :l
>>
>>52396386
>t420
Enjoy your shit screen, your brick weight and overall shit specs.

Don't forget to clean the jizz out from under the keyboard you fucking squatter
>>
https://autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm
>>
>>52395811
>third click

>>52395834
>THIRD CLICK

IT'S MIDDLE MOUSE YOU FAGLITRON
>>
>>52400840
That's correct, but its also the third click, you cuck
>>
>>52398125
>4th gen
why?
sandy bridge is best.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.