[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you peeps have been drug tested in your IT job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 8
File: giphy.gif (898 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
898 KB, 245x150
How many of you peeps have been drug tested in your IT job?
>>
Maybe you should just not do drugs.
>>
Fuck it
>>
>>52395655
Yeah I know, but it's just because I had some weed with some friends and I'm looking for help desk work
>>
>>52395649
For my systems engineering job I've only been drug tested when I accepted their offer letter
>>
You deserve to be unemployed if you've taken drugs.
>>
>>52395681
>Type of test?
>Location?
>>
I got tested like once a month back when I first started. My next job was more lax and I got tested like every two or three months.

Thank God they can't test for jacking off.
>>
>>52395649
I had a drug test. It went pretty well! With a couple of guys I met. They didn't last very long than what I've expected.
>>
>>52395690
You must be fun at parties
>>
>>52395712
It's an economic reality, you should know that companies drug test and say no to drugs so you can get employed. The lack of foresight and awareness of your future self is a sign of a failure.
>>
>>52395737
Companies also understand that young people are young so I'd rather take advantage of them giving me the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>52395737
This tbqh comrade; you should be prepared for any arbitrary demonstration of desirability your potential masters might ask of you. Anything less might bring into question the totality of your commitment to them.
>>
okay heres the deal here OP.

the only places that can go into the bathroom and look at your penis or whatever you got down there you use as a spigot are the federales.

that means if you get a government job, or if you're going to prison or the military. these urine tests are hard as fuck to pass unless you are a master of your own metabolism.
Or you are a genital ninja.

otherwise
>QuickFix canadian should set you right
>>
>land of the free
>drug tests
You Americans are so hilarious
>>
>>52395707
>Thank God they can't test for jacking off.
Thats what the penis inspection is for bub
>>
Just abstain from any drugs for a month or get some clean urine (or fake urine). 420chan has threads about this shit all the time.
P.S. If you want to be super careful you may wish to avoid certain other things as well. Ibuprofen can cause false positives for weed, poppy see bagels can cause positives for opiates, and robitussin can cause positives for PCP.
>>
>>52395787
I'm Australian lel
>>
>>52395737
Well isn't asking other people who might POSSIBLY have some info on this question directly MAKE UP the exact amount of foresight and awareness?
>>
>>52395694
I'm just a cable technician anon but when I got hired onto my job they made me go to a doctors office and pee in a cup. Made me empty my pockets before I went into the bathroom and all the ahndles on the toilet and sing and shower were taken off as well as all the drains blocked. and they had some fluid in the toilet and asked me not to flush it. I'm pretty sure if you try anything retarded like watering down your piss they would catch you. Just play it cool and they wont suspect anything if you try shit. Like the lady didnt even check my pockets once all my change, keys, and phone were out. From what it seems 6 months into this job they never drug test anyone unless you get in an accident in a company vehicle.
>>
>>52395795
Kek I miss those threads
>>
>>52395671
Get your shit together. Weed isnt worth it
>>
If I ever get drug tested and fired because of it, I think I'd be fine because I wouldn't want to work at such a narrow minded company anyway. Then again the drugs I do don't show up on normal tests, so that probably wouldn't happen anyway.
>>
>>52395649
Ausfag here. I'm in entry level IT job, in gov. Been drug tested every so often, but we get notice kek, unless you are known to be doing drugs on the job. Weed stays in your system for a long time, so yeah just remember that.
>>
>>52395655
>>52395690
This. Only retards do drugs.
>>
tested pretty regularly, but cannabinoids are excluded from our test (thanks colorado)
>>
>>52396175
just because you can purchase it recreationally doesnt mean companies have to allow it. if they want to deny people based off of that that is their decision
>>
>>52395690
I hope you've never had caffeine
>>
>>52396251
Coffee is a drink.
>>
>>52396251
I quit caffeine two years ago.
>>52396265
Kill yourself.
>>
>>52396295
>Kill yourself.
I don't drink coffee at all, but coffee is a drink.
>>
Never been tested for drugs in my 16 years as a Sysadmin.
Actually, never been tested for drugs ever.
Regular weed smoker, sometimes hash. Mdma once or twice a month. Alcohol every weekend. Acid or shrooms 2 to 3 times a year.
>>
>>52396316
So if I put my hard drugs in a drink, suddenly it's a-okay?
>>
>>52396316
Caffeine is a psychoactive substance.
So are ethanol, nicotine, THC, theobromine, etc.
If you use caffeine, I would like you to remove yourself from this planet.
>>
>>52395671
How about not doing weed?
>>
>>52396336
What is your favourite food? If your job arbitrarily tested your for consumption of this food and fired you if you ever ate it, would you think stop eating the food is a reasonable solution? No, it's the job that is in the wrong, whatever food you eat is your own business.
>>
>>52396358
I don't care about preserving wageslavery.
I just want to explore the world, and if I'm not sober, I can't do that.
A person who isn't sober is like a toddler, incapable of doing anything.
>>
>>52396377
First of all, that's wrong, and secondly, a person using drugs is not high all the time. People should be allowed to have periods of fun and not worry about "being capable of doing something" 24/7. At least to me that seems like a sad life.
>>
>>52396358
When you signed the contract you already agreed to not using drugs while employed. You signed it, you agreed to it, and now you choose to disagree to it because you feel like you're above that? If you believe the job is in the wrong, then leave it and join a job that's got no problem with your drug use. You're replaceable, and for every one of you there's 10 people who would rather work for your money and follow their contract.

It's not a surprise, it's what you agreed to.
>>
>>52396397
Is it not a sad life if you need intoxication to have fun?
>>
>>52396423
What? My contract said no such thing. Not being high while on work is one thing, but my contract says nothing about what I am allowed and not allowed to do in my free time.
>>
>>52396436
I'm talking about drug testing. Most contracts allow your employer to run random drug tests if they so see fit. It doesn't matter if it's what you do in your free time. If your contract doesn't let your employer do that then simply decline because it's your legal right.

But this goes for anything. A person in a driving position may be fired for excessive speeding or dangerous driving out of work, a person working for a business can't talk openly about their opinions on social media if related to the business or job. If you didn't agree to random testing in your contract, then why don't you decline?
>>
>>52396429
Jeez, if I had a penny for every time I heard that.. You misunderstand my comment. I am not saying I _need_ drugs to have fun. I am saying that drugs are fun. It's just like hobbies: a hobby is a fun thing, but that doesn't mean you are incapable of having fun when you are not doing that specific hobby. For the record, I personally only do drugs once every few months or so, and yes I am perfectly happy with my time sober, but I still cherish the occasional trip.
>>
>>52396436
you didn't read everything before you signed it
>>
>>52396465
I don't believe my contract says anything about that either. The thing is, in the boss' eyes, if you refuse the drug testing, it's basically the same as a positive test, isn't it?
>>
>>52396467
drugs aren't that fun

i smoked weed everyday for 5 years. incidentally they were the 5 worst years of my entire life. when i was in that time i thought i was ballin. but looking back, it was pretty below average
>>
>>52396467
Alright, fair enough anon
>>
>>52396489
I haven't tried weed so I can't comment on that, but stuff like LSD, shrooms, 2C-B, DMT etc. really are that fun I think. It's not something that you do as a habit, but when you do do it, it's mindblowing on so many levels.
>>
>>52395649
i have been, i don't do any drugs though
>>
>>52396527
mixed all of that in too.

i think i was pretty stupid to be entertained by such trivial illusions
>>
>>52396487
It's not, it's defending your legal right, and if you're being treated differently for declining something that isn't in your contract you can seek legal aid through a workers compensation lawyer or your appropriate union.

It doesn't matter if it's a drug test or declining working extra hours or overtime, or if you refuse to get a lunch shorter than what your contract says, all of those are your rights and an employer treating you as "guilty until proven innocent" is waiting for tens of thousands in legal compensation. Though of course, it's worth rereading your contract if you're unsure about any of those points as almost all work contracts allow for random drug and alcohol testing, and seeking legal aid if you're being treated unfairly.
>>
>>52395655

This, I had drug tests in my last job but it wasn't IT related, and I've never done drugs so they don't bother me.
>>
>I fuck up your life with jail, permanent blacklisting for doing a victimless crime once
>I do it for love
>>
>>52396319

Where do you get acid these days. I had a hookup in HS but that was almost 20 yrs ago. Now I'm a middle aged white man in NYC and have no idea. Craigslist is just a bunch of niggers in the projects trying to rip you off.

Inb4 NSA et al.
>>
>All the straightedge faggots

Yeah and yet hypocritical fucks who drugtest have no problem with Alcohol.

No company is going to fire you unless your high on the job, what you do in your own time is your own business, I've been on a job where they drug tested regularly and neither I or anybody I worked with (some of which were crack heads) ever got into shit.

What job are you going for? Know in the APS, noone cares, 90% of pubes are stoners at lower levels or coke heads at EL. I've been to coke/hooker parties with the heads of departments.
>>
>>52396539
i bet he's also amused by glow sticks like a retarded kitten
>>
>>52396586
Psytrance parties (doofs) drugs flow like fucking wine at these, every single one i've been too has had door to door acid/psychedelic salesmen.

Any hippy gathering.
>>
But that's illegal.
>>
>>52396586
darknet
>>
>>52396586
oh, hi there Louis CK
>>
>>52396586
I get acid from my dealer.
10 to 20€ a tab, depending on quality.

Locally made MDMa for 30-40 a gram. (Around 80-85% pure)

And weed for 8 to 15€ a gram.

Ps, this is Portugal where drugs are decriminallized
>>
File: image.png (13 KB, 428x343) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13 KB, 428x343
>tfw it's penis inspection day at work and you didn't shower
>>
File: 1449322324120.png (137 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1449322324120.png
137 KB, 600x300
>>52395690
Lol according to that logic everyone should be unemployed since the body naturally produces its own hallucinogenic substances.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15780487
Drugs have probably contributed more to human progress than an unenlightened philistine like yourself.
http://www.miqel.com/entheogens/francis_crick_dna_lsd.html
>>
File: images(2).jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>52396675
>implying I remove smegma crust while showering.
>>
>>52396665
40 EURO A GRAM!?
>>
>>52396539
now you have found true euphoria in your own intellect while enjoying some unsweetened organic herbal tea reflecting over the meaning of life
you seriously sound like a boring as shit person
probably one of the soulless battlestation posters
>>
>>52396675
>tfw life in north korea
>>
>>52396489
>i smoked weed everyday for 5 years.
>drugs aren't that fun
I wonder why
>>
>>52396720
30 to 40€ a gram, yes.
You can get cheaper here in portugal, but its not as pure, could be laced with something else.
>>
lol, u fags. I live the the netherlands but i work for a north american organization, so i can smoke all the pot i want, but i still make better money than most europoors doing the same job.
>>
>>52396665
85% pure mdma is impossible.

Molar mass,...... MDMA is 193.
Molar mass,.. MDMA.HCl is 229.
100(193/229) = 84%

That being said, thats a pretty sweet deal you're getting.
I'm guessing you buy in bulk with friends?
>>
>>52396686
This
>>
>>52396358
>this is what weed addicts actually believe.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 750x600
>>52395649

I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
>>
Why the fuck does companies do drug tests? What's the point?
Is this another only american thing, because I have never heard of it anywhere else. Elsewhere a drug test from your employee would normally be highly illigal.
>>
>>52396720
Not him but a highly reputable darknet vendor charges
$190 for 10 grams
$1600 for 100 grams
MDMA is dirt cheap

Sadly you can't take it more than 4-6 times a year safely.
>>
>>52396850
85% is possible....... wtf you on ?
>>
>>52395690
You're retarded.
>>
>>52397335
Drug testing at the job is an American meme.

I have never heard of or encountered it here in Europe either. Maybe for rare jobs involving heavy machinery or pharmaceutical work.
>>
>>52397358
>MDMA is dirt cheap
Why do I live in fucking Australia ? So expensive here....Also cut with speed/Ketamine
>>
>>52395655
>>52395690
>>52395737
>>52396158
>>52396265
>>52396316
>>52396336
>>52396377
>>52396423
>>52396429
>>52396605
ITT: virgins.

List of drugs I've taken:

Cannabis
Cocaine
Mephedrone
Ketamine
MDMA
Hash
Nitrous Oxide

And I guess alcohol, caffeine and nicotine if you want to include them.
>>
>>52397375
That vendor is shipping to Australia.
[spoiler]It's GammaGoblin[/spoiler]
>>
>>52397382
>Cocaine
Enjoy eating cattle dewormer
>>
>>52397383
>GammaGoblin
>implying
I don't risk international (if I were to buy drugs of course, eyy FBI)
>>
>>52397391

Nothing wrong with a bit of cheeky Charlie mate, I had some just the other night on New Year's Eve.
>>
>>52397382
You are sooooooooooooo kewl, like, totally kewl brah.
>>
>>52397365
MDMA free base is virtually non existent because it's very inconvenient. 100% pure free base is an oil at room temperature.

MDMA HCl salt is the standard form with a maximum purity of 84%. Do the math.

>>52397402
>>
>>52397402
Most Cocaine is cut with levamisole, a cattle deworming medicine that looks exactly like "fish scale" cocaine.
>>
>>52396377
I smoke everyday to dull my intelligence to be not depressed. It does make you less smart persay but not anywhere near on the scale you're using.

PS: I get sad when I think about how fast we're destroying this planet and how corrupt the system is, but smoking helps me not think about that shit 24/7
>>
>>52397404

I know, thanks m8.

>>52397422

Well I was fine after NYE. There's only one time I've snorted something dodgy and I think it was meant to be MDMA (the time when I bombed MDMA was amazing, but this most certainly wasn't). I felt fucking awful for days after, felt like bad flu, and my glands on my neck swelled up.

Coke has never posed me a problem though, apart from financially.
>>
>>52397455
>Coke has never posed me a problem though, apart from financially.
Pure Cocaine or Cocaine that is at least only cut with harmless agents is generally available but even on the dark net where lots of people lab test, it is rare.
I would never buy Cocaine on the street
>>
>>52395690
This desu.
>>
>>52397470

I've only ever bought it at parties, or more usually my friends get some and I have a couple of lines. A couple of my friends have good hook ups who have never killed us or anything so yeah, it's been okay thus far.
>>
>>52397491
Do you live in Europe?
If so, send it to a lab
http://energycontrol.org/international.html
>>
>>52397382
Look at me i'm a massive looser
>>
>>52396358
I just had a thought. If you lived in an American State at any point in your life during the period in which marijuana was legal, and then worked in a another state with this drug evaluation (ausfag here, if a company demanded drug tests for its employees post probation here, the media would lynch the company.) Could you still legally be penalised?
>>
>>52397514
A loser I'd like to drink a beer with, probably can't say the same about you.
>>
>>52397382
>no acid
>no mushrooms
>no DMT
1/10
>>
>>52397382
Cannabis including hash and oils
Methampetamine and Dex
LSD
Magic Mushrooms
Heroin (once)
MDMA
DMT
Cocaine (twice, it was shit)
>>
>>52397441
I smoke due to high levels of anxiety. I've noticed I'm also a lot more patient on the stuff so it helps out with number crunching maths and debugging.
>>
>>52397502

I do yes but my thought is if it doesn't kill me or make me ill then I'm not going to worry about it.

>>52397514

Thanks m9

>>52397535

Cheers m8 would drink a beer with you too.

>>52397552

Sorry m10 I don't like that trippy shit, I get paranoid too easily. Uppers are much better in my opinion.

>>52397559

Cocaine definitely varies, the first time I had it years ago was one of the most intense experiences ever, but a couple of times I haven't even felt it. Because it's so lucrative it can often be so diluted so much that it's not even noticeable.
Also heroin and crystal meth, shieeeeeet. I ain't never touching that shit.
>>
>>52397711
>I get paranoid too easily.
Then the problem is the environment and/or the people around you.
My first trip was a train wreck due to assholes in the room.
Taught me how to find real trustworthy friends.
>>
>>52397711
>Sorry m10 I don't like that trippy shit
You haven't even tried a psychedelic, an experience people usually call one of the most profound in their entire lives. Are you not curious?
>>
>>52397382

Fucking lightweight
>>
>>52397559
>DMT
Looking to do DMT soon. What was your experience like? Any tips?
>>
File: dopameth.jpg (21 KB, 683x384) Image search: [Google]
dopameth.jpg
21 KB, 683x384
>>52397711
>crystal meth, shieeeeeet. I ain't never touching that shit.
Good, I dont ever recommend anyone take drugs.
Especially good meth, it fucks with you forever, its so good kek
>>
>>52397455
Haha, my lymph nodes have been through a lot too. Last year I ordered some lab drugs, which are basically illegal drugs meant for lab use, which makes them legal if you are a scientist who uses them on lab rats. Needless to say, I tested them on myself before giving them to my rats, I took 3-4 different kinds everyday for a week or so. A few days after my neck was as swollen as a ping pong ball on both sides. I went to the doctor, he prescribed me some antibiotics, I did some research to see if ingesting antibiotics while your body is filled with all kinds of drugs would be wise, seemed to be risky. I went back two days later, told the doc they didn't help at all but actually worsened it. I had to walk around with 2 ping pong balls for 2 weeks.
>>
>>52397814
Just be in a calm safe place and relax. Theres nothing to be too concerned about as far as i know.
It will change this normal reality, and it will stay changed like youve literally juts shifted into some sort of higher perception / conciousness.
After a little while it will change back so enjoy it and dont be afraid.
>>
>>52397841
I've taken Meth twice and even that caused a strong craving for weeks. Thank God there was no dark net back then, and I had no connections.
Will never touch that evil substance again
>>
>>52397881
Do you recommend a break-through dose the first time? Or a small dose?
>>
>>52397912
Not him but break through
Just vaporize until you feel you're passing out, and leave this reality
>>
>>52395649
worked at single digits

smoked weed every day after work

most it jobs don't drug test because most programmers smoke weed.
>>
Medicine is also drugs.
>>
>>52397912
Break through first time, get the full opening.
Or if youre worried take the small dose first, that probably wont do anything to make your fear become less the next time though when you know youre taking even more.
>>
>>52395884
you can get a whizzer
>>
>>52397952
I've never heard of a drug test in IT anyway. Must be some American thing.
>>
>>52397382
Wassup /b/, had any epic raids lately?
>>
>>52397382

Fuck mephedrone, I'm not touching that shit.

Everything on your list with the addition of

Speed
LSD
Psilocybin
DMT
Heroin (#3)
MXE
Variety of Benzos

I've forbidden myself from trying heroin ever again. It was way too nice and I could see myself becoming an addict too easily.
>>
>>52398061
This.

Tried smoking heroin twice, and injecting it once.

Way too good a drug to keep under control.

I'd say I could probably use it 2 or 3 more times safely, but that would be the absolute limit to my addiction threshold

Personally, weed, mdma, shrooms and acid are safe, as I use them infrequently, and have never felt an "itch" to use them.
>>
>>52395785
This is a lie. I'm playing NCAA D1 football right now and the drug testers stare directly at our dicks. It's not just government jobs.
>>
File: that-bai-chan-nan-tuyet-vong.jpg (653 KB, 1263x1583) Image search: [Google]
that-bai-chan-nan-tuyet-vong.jpg
653 KB, 1263x1583
I have been drug tested. They fired me for my adrenaline levels and testosterone levels being too high. They said i skimped on female hormone injections and now lost my right to the job as a programmer.
>>
>>52395649
my first two jobs never tested (one at a local pc shop, another working for a xerox sales agency)
turned down a couple positions because they tested.
current job doesnt test (managed service provider)
smoke weed erryday
>>
>>52399585
What are you on about.
>>
>>52396588
I'd be fine with prohibiting alcohol again: if we used the death penalty this time, it'd work.
>>
>>52399585
heh
>>
>>52397523
Nigga drug evaluations aren't like driving licenses. No one asks to see your old results, they just test you again if they want to see your results.
>>
>>52395649
Does drugs tests test for LSD, psilocybin, DMT or mescaline?
>>
>>52402507
why though?

alcohol is controllable and a mild intoxicant at best.
>>
File: eggplant.png (156 KB, 520x245) Image search: [Google]
eggplant.png
156 KB, 520x245
>>52399585
You probably failed to check your privilege too.
>>
>>52402735
I hate people who aren't sober.
That includes caffeine users too. Fucking daft.
>>
When I worked for the government they didn't drug test me but my current employer did.
>>
I didn't get drug tested for my job, and at the time I smoked weed regularly.

I don't anymore, but it's not like they give a shit I'm drinking myself to death either.
>>
>>52402827
I hate people who abuse substances as well, but alcohol is pretty tame unless you're some dudebro dipshit or alcoholic and drink copious amounts.

a drink or two is virtually harmless.
>>
>>52402601

drug tests only (usually) target people who smoke weed, most other drugs are out of your blood in a few hours and urine in a few days (a week at most)

drug tests also need to specifically target drugs, they're not going to do so for stuff like lsd
>>
>>52402882
Stop being an apologist for failures who cannot handle reality.
>>
>>52395649
central florida, 40K with muh php

worked in IT for 5 years now, never been tested

dont work for medical, or go through a temp agency

the local temp office does a urine/hair and blood test
>>
>>52402940
you sound like a puritan christian
>>
>>52395649
>How many of you peeps have been drug tested in your IT job?
Never.

If I were, I would refuse and change job. In my country a company can't demand that you do one.
>>
>>52395737
>tfw me and my boss smoke weed and eat aderal before coming to work

whatever you say

just because you do drugs doesn't mean you don't know how to fucking work

sorry you can't properly align priorities and just get too fucked up

sometimes just be careful, my boss told me were getting the "drug test" discount on workmans comp (this is why most companies drug test)

i'm obviously not going to get fired, but if i get hurt (lol how arthritis?) no workmans comp for me, but we all have aflac so its really whatever.

>tfw the aflac rep told us we could spend the money on a big bag of dope, its your money not the insurance companies money, we do not care what it's spent on
me and my boss fucking lost it and couldn't stop laughing

fuck workmans comp
aflac is where it's at
>>
It's a good way to filter all normies.

People should also be gf tested.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>52402970
I think religion should be punishable by death too. They can't handle reality either.
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.