[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When and how did Huawei took off so fast in the phone war? When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: huawei_0.jpg (11 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
huawei_0.jpg
11 KB, 195x195
When and how did Huawei took off so fast in the phone war?
When did it stop being "a chink phone" and started being serious competence like samsung?

Also, why did htc never make it? It is huawei 2
>>
Used to be the brand of the shittiest 3g modems in my country. But since they got in the phone industry they were the first to adopt new technology (Cortex A72 at 16nm for example) and developing their own ultra perf processors they messed up the market
>>
Batteries are chink made as fuck. Cool having a shitty material, unless you get a 600$ Huawei. In that case I go 4 antoher brand, honestly. So still being a chinese brand that makes "good" designs (it seems from a imitation aliexpress common phone) but pretty fucked with materials.
>>
I like the usb adaptor.
But that's it.
>>
>>52393459
They are still considered the "chink phone" for the people, they are in my country the poorest man phone.
>>
File: 1452481360880.jpg (17 KB, 233x259) Image search: [Google]
1452481360880.jpg
17 KB, 233x259
>>52393459
>When did it stop being "a chink phone" and started being serious competence like samsung?

Americans are racist idiots. Huawei and Xiaomi are top tier but until an American company like Google or Microsoft collaborates with them, they get ignored.
>>
>>52394686
Shut up you foreign cucklord.
Xiaomi and huehuewai are still cheap pieces of Chinese shit. Doesn't matter if Google or Microsoft do anything with them they will still and are getting ignored. If it's not an iPhone then get lost.
>>
Huawei is run by a former PRC military officer. Its been promoted by the government and the media as a good Chinese company. Foreigners do business with them because they give tax breaks, cheaper costs due to government support.
>>
>Relative bought two Huawei phones for AT&T
>Fuckers barely worked correctly
>Constant issues
>Support for them in the ROM department was next to non-existant.
>Website was a big amount of fuck all around.
>One of them randomly died for no reason, other just slowed to a crawl.

Yeah no, the one time I ever had a massive headache working on a phone was the Huawei phones. Will never fucking buy them in any form.
>>
Remember when we were all joking about gook phones? Well the same thing is happening.
>>
HTC made it with the m7 but then royally screwed up after that
>>
File: 1452315795858.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
1452315795858.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>>52394780
> bought huawei phone [y300]
> never had a problem
> 2-day battery life for my usage
> has a graphics core
> cheap as fuck
ff a year or two..
> falls from me, screen shatters
> go buy a new one [exact same model]
> still used till this very day

hooray for personal experiences.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.