[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time for an upgrade? you tell me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: nzxt.jpg (44 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
nzxt.jpg
44 KB, 800x800
Current Specs:

GPU: ASUS GTX 770 2gb
CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4Ghz
RAM: 8GB
MOBO: ASUS Z97-A
PSU: Corsair RM650

I air cool the whole system and i feel this might be a problem especially since its summer now and two of the cores were hitting 100c. I'm planning on replacing the thermal paste in the next few days just in case but i think i might need to switch to liquid cooling. Im also interested in upgrading my graphics card. Budget is around 500-600 NZD so i can only really afford to do one of the two in the immediate future. Thoughts?
>>
>>52393257
Pic related. Its the case I use. I dont really like the aesthetics but it does its job.
>>
>>52393257
gtx 970 or 980
don't water cool for fucks sake
mabey a better power supply and more ram
>>
>>52393408
Whats the downside to watercooling?
>>
>>52393257
>Time for an upgrade?
Does your computer perform to your standards? If yes, no, if no, yes.
>>
>>52393460
Not really. I like pretty frames and lots of them. The 770 is just starting to not hold 60fps of AAA games and though its not a huuuge deal it still matters to me
>>
>>52393257
100c....um no they weren't, your software is off or something. Don't go stock cooler. Watercool if you live in Australia or something.
Gtx 980 or 390x
Do you have a solid state drive? Get one if not. Other than that, you are golden.
>>
>>52393672
I got those numbers from coretemp, so i dont know the actual accuracy of them, this was in the midst of a heavy gaming session and i do use a stock cooler which i have been meaning to replace for ages. I run all my games off a 1tb hard drive and my os/programs off a 250gb ssd.
I Live in New Zealand which is basically the same as australia just prettier and with less things that try to kill you.
>>
>>52393726
coretemp could be wrong. check the bios.

I would just buy a hyper 212 EVO and Arctic Silver 5 paste to save NZD for the GPU.

Watercooling is for OC but to be honest it just isn't worth it yet for that processor, unless you're like my friend who thinks 120fps is so much better than 60fps (He's crazy)
>>
>>52393899
Sweet, ill check those out. Im comfortable with 60. never done 120fps gaming before and probably wont bother starting as it would involve a new monitor.
>>
Double your RAM
>>
>>52393408
R9 390 or GTX 980*
3.5 kek
>>
>>52393991
Does this actually help in terms of budget upgrading?
>>
>>52393257
We are already in the new year
wait for 10xx
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.