[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CPU Scratches.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: cpu scratchy.jpg (149 KB, 1119x1004) Image search: [Google]
cpu scratchy.jpg
149 KB, 1119x1004
Hey, /g/, will this i5 2500k still be good to go for a 4Ghz clock despite the seemingly massive amount of scratchs on the heat spreader? Or will this actually ruin heat transfer and make overclockin pretty much impossible if I want reasonable temps?
>>
>>52392797
Minor surface imperfections are what thermal paste was made for. You won't notice any difference because of the scratches.
>>
>>52392797
it is fine, if you're worried about it that much you'd be lapping it anyways. just put artic silver 5 on and be done with it. I swear to god you people on here these days are fucking retarded babies
>>
>>52392797
it's junk.
send it to me for recycling.
>>
>>52392874
>>52392866
Yeah, just making sure guys. I heard some drifting topics about scratches magically ruining stuff, but wanted to ask the wizards to be sure.

>>52392879
Good meme.
>>
>>52392797
sand it slightly to remove any material poking out of the scratches.
>>
File: hilarylol.jpg (22 KB, 450x315) Image search: [Google]
hilarylol.jpg
22 KB, 450x315
>>52392874
>2016
>arctic silver 5
Try Arctic Formula 7 Nano Diamond
arctic silver 5 hahahahahahahaha (2 years later) hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>52393170
antec
>>
>>52393170
I don't understand your joke.
>>
its fucked, you must remove the lid (without breaking the chip inside) and then apply thermal paste, press the heatsink hard on it (it's quite resistant) then you'll be fine bud
>>
>i5

how much of your foreskin is the seller requesting?
>>
>>52392797
lapping if you're worried

it's an older cpu now anyway if you're not. just use higher voltage lol
>>
>>52395060
this
>>
>>52395060
You sir are an asshole
>>
It's just a couple of small scratches, it won't ruin anything. Stop worrying so much
>>
>>52392866
exactly, this is like the whole point of thermal paste

it will work just right
>>
>>52395060
ebin maymay
>>
>>52392797
Find the name of the metal used for the surface with scratches.

Buy polishing kit for said material.

Polish it.

>but no money

Ignore scratches and use it anyway, who the fuck cares about 3 or 4 degrees more.
>>
I have a 2500K in my rig OC'd to 4.4Ghz right now, with a decent air cooler and its stable at around 38 degress. The 2500K is still one of the best CPUs to overclock! Just make sure you've got a nice layer of paste on it!!!
>>
>>52392797

its called lapping
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.