[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's windows 10 like on 2Gb of ram? Thinking of getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What's windows 10 like on 2Gb of ram? Thinking of getting an old asus t100 for a cheap little laptop to carry around the city with me. I'd mostly be doing web browsing and studying webdev
>>
install gnu+linux on it
>>
Xubuntu or other xfce distro will run much better than windows, still look pretty, and help you become a leet dev
>>
It's fine on 2gb RAM, go for the 32 bit version as it will use up less memory. I have an old laptop and a shit tier PC running windows 10 and it is even smoother than Win7
>>
>>52386779
>>52386845

You shit fucking cunts can't help yourself can you. Someone asks a straight question about Windows 10 and you can't help prematurely ejaculating your filthy yellow Linux spunk all other the thread. You can take your literally broken, amateur software, autistic hobbyists' "operating" (the irony is it doesn't fucking operate) system and shove it up your asses. If there's any room beside your purple dragon dildoes that is.
>>
>>52387095
Linux runs better on lower end hardware, there's no argument in that. You can remove system components you don't need, and install a more lightweight UI. This isn't an option in windows.

If you really want to use windows on low end hardware, go for XP. That way you won't get spammed with the 10 upgrade shit.
>>
File: 188841.jpg (935 KB, 2530x759) Image search: [Google]
188841.jpg
935 KB, 2530x759
>>52387095
Kys now please.
>>
>>52386845
Is the Atom iGPU well supported in Linux though? It's going to be shit if not.

About the T100, I have one and tried W10, it was fine, but I prefer 8.1 on it.
>>
File: 34621.jpg (42 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
34621.jpg
42 KB, 800x450
>>52388591
This, had the T100 and 10 ran fine and it'll be easily suitable for casual use. Also preferred 8.1 though because it just seemed better to touch screen devices whereas 10 tries to find more of a balance between touch screen and desktop users.

Upgraded to a Lenovo Yoga 700 myself.
>>
I installed it on my dell venue 8 pro
It runs fine but sometimes I have to press Winkey+power for it to wake up from standby
>>
>>52386779
>>52386845
>>52387370
>>52388591

Linux is fucking horrible on baytrail.
>>
>>52389127
>Also preferred 8.1 though because it just seemed better to touch screen devices
That's the exact reason I switched back too, though 10 also felt slower than 8.1.

>>52389318
Yeah I thought so, I never tried it on mine because I had read that it was shit.
>>
>>52386756
Much better than win7 that's for sure
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.