[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting New Speakers.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 41QPWH9EWWL.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41QPWH9EWWL.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
Hey guys my trusty Logitech-Z-2300 system died on me so i'm looking for a nice replacement. I hear they were pretty top tier and expensive when they came out so i'm hoping i can get the same quality out of a cheaper product today. Anyone have any good recommendations for a simple 2.1 with 2 satellites and one sub. Love to be under $100 but if there is a significant upgrade for a little more i wouldn't mind investing.
>>
>>52384829
they were top tier amongst people which like 2000 watt bass machines in their car.

not top tier amongst people which like balanced and detailed audio for music listening
>>
>>52384887
Nice reply, too bad it has no context or input into the subject. Maybe next time.
>>
>>52384931
look for bookshelf speaker on craigslist that don't sound like a total ripoff for your desired price point, a cheap amplifier from smsl, a 3,5mm jack to stereo cinch cable and 16gauge copperwire

the bigger the membrans are, the better the bass
>>
>>52384968
damn that sounds complicated. Sorry i'm just used to plug and play for audio.
>>
>>52385002
then get lost, nobody on /g/ cares about pleb tier audio
>>
People still use speakers? Nothing against you OP. I haven't had speakers on a desktop PC in like... 7 years. I just assumed everyone used headsets now.
>>
>>52385266
No offense i'm just a pleb, but i like to have music going on in the house when i'm roaming about.
>>
File: 1451922894182.jpg (61 KB, 599x276) Image search: [Google]
1451922894182.jpg
61 KB, 599x276
>>52384829

I run an 1/8 inch to 1/4 to my receiver. 15" subs with surround sound master race.
>>
>>52384829
Whatever you get wont satisfy you for much, because shitty or not z2300 and z5500 were miles better than today shit computer spekers, I suggest spending the 100$ on alesis elevate 5 or other 5 inch studio monitor and then get later sub of your liking for another 150$. There is plenty of choose there and will sound way better than z2300.
>>
>>52385266
weeboo detected
>>
File: wtf.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>>52384829

>I hear they were pretty top tier
No.

>expensive when they came out
No.

>i can get the same quality
Shit quality isn't hard to achieve.

>good recommendations for a simple 2.1 with 2 satellites and one sub
I don't think you're ready.

>Love to be under $100
Craigslist.

>but if there is a significant upgrade for a little more
You will still get shit for a little more than you got that shit.
>>
>>52384829
get Kilpsch promedia 2.1
>>
>>52385285
>No offense i'm just a pleb, but i like to have music going on in the house when i'm roaming about.

Wireless mod good headphones
>>
>>52388746
This. I'm on my 3rd/final set of z2300's. The Klipsch Promedia 2.1 will be my next set for sure.
>>
off topic but pls help :/.i have a new speaker setup that goes Computer through USB to my dac/amp (fiio e10 olympus) through coaxial to a rca y splitter to the receiver.
when I connect to the receiver with bluetooth my music comes through the speakers just fine, but when i use the computer through the above route, all i get is static with very faint audio at high levels. the 3.5mm on the front of the dac works with my headphones, but something is wrong with the coaxial, What do I do /g/ :/
>>
>>52390171
the yellow coaxial line on the back of the fiio carries a digital s/pdif signal, it should not be static-y at all
>>
Presonus Eris E5 + Presonus Temblor T8
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.