[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Intel confirms Skylake crashes under load
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>"Intel has identified an issue that potentially affects the 6th Gen Intel Core family of products. This issue only occurs under certain complex workload conditions, like those that may be encountered when running applications like Prime95. In those cases, the processor may hang or cause unpredictable system behaviour."

>Intel has developed a fix, and is working with hardware partners to distribute it via a BIOS update.

>No reason has been given as to why the bug occurs, but it's confirmed to affect both Linux and Windows-based systems. Prime95, which has historically been used to benchmark and stress-test computers, uses Fast Fourier Transforms to multiply extremely large numbers. A particular exponent size, 14,942,209, has been found to cause the system crashes.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/01/intel-skylake-bug-causes-pcs-to-freeze-during-complex-workloads/

>Both Windows and Linux users
WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
>>
Goodbye non-K overclocking.
>>
>>52382733
That's only for Hyperthreading intensive loads, faggot OP. Nobody uses Hyperthreading.in games anyways, which is all that matters.
>>
>>52382857
So you are telling me there is absolutely nothing wrong with Skylake?
>>
>>52382885
Well obviously there's issues. It's just that nobody bought Skylake to do Xeon level work. It's a gaming chipset.
>>
You forgot to mention that it has already been fixed and it's just a thing of motherboard manufactures to release the BIOS update.
>>
I ran my i7 non k skylake for 4 hours with prime95 avx and no crash no error
>>
>>52382910
It's a series of very expensive chips with a hardware issue that makes them unstable while performing certain calculations. It also uses very cheap PCB that can break under heavy coolers. I believe Intel deserves all of the shit they are getting for it right now and even more.
>>
you amd shills are fucking desperate. scared that zen will fail?

>huuurr once a full moon you may have a wrong bit
>duuurr cpu broken better buy amd
>>
Are there any places on the internet where I could talk and learn about technology (linux, consumer shit, servers etc.) without encountering cancer like this >>52383040
Help.
>>
File: image.jpg (462 KB, 2320x2320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
462 KB, 2320x2320
>>52382857
>arthimatic bug
>hyperthreading

Who the fuck are you people and how did you get on /g/
>>
>>52382733
The NSA discovered a bug in their code for the skylake chips, This is just a ruse to get everyone to install the fix.
>>
>>52382791
Thread closed with this post.
Here you go, lads, the intel microcode update to fuck the non-K overclock.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.