[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we kill this fucking shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: Java.png (140 KB, 1923x3091) Image search: [Google]
Java.png
140 KB, 1923x3091
How do we kill this fucking shit
>>
>>52379666
nice try, satan
>>
HTML 5 nigguh
>>
>>52379666
>we
The first person plural is a prime signifier for shit threads and posts.
>>
>>52379666
Java is not really bad.
>>
cobol and tn5250 emulators
>>
>>52379666
there's nothing wrong with java
>>
Nothing wrong with java. Even if java was kill the jvm would live on for the conceivable future imo.
>>
Support growing JavaScript into an all-purpose programming language which can *run anywhere*, has a huge install base and lots of libraries.

Basically if JS continued to improve fast and add features which would turn it into a decent language (maybe optional static typing in strict mode) it might have a chance to kill Java.
>>
>>52379830
Javascript's duck typing is really inconvenient for big, serious projects. At least that's the way I feel about it. That's coming from the person who loves (among many others) Java, Javascript and C#.
>>
>>52379666
Nice trips

>>52379678
>A markup language is going to replace Java.
Hello retard.
>>
>>52379871
Well I've heard optional static typing is coming in ES7 in some form.

Check out Eich's slides for hints on what might be coming to JS beyond ES6:
https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/BrendanEich/extensible-operators-and-literals-for-javascript
>>
With C
Kill all that object oriented and interpreted slow shit
Bloated as fuck
>>
>>52380096
are you stupid?
no, really, are you?
>>
>>52380116
Just inexperienced.
>>
>>52380083
I don't really think you can add static typing into JS without making it into a mess. It's exactly beautiful right now because it seems so simple and so forgiving - and that's what makes it good for tasks people use it for right now - solving simple problems.
>>
>>52380083
I don't really trust a client-side language to solve big problems. JS can be easily changed by the user. I prefer compiled or server-side languages.
>>
>>52380168
Your statement does not make a good amount of sense. Compiled languages, when run client-side, can still be changed by user at will, and Javascript, when run server-side, can't be changed by user.
>>
>>52379678

Are you even trying ?
>>
Java hits a sweet spot that is hard to get

C++

>faster
>object oriented

>much harder

Python

>easier
>not object oriented, but can use classes and such

>slower
>>
>>52379678
What a retarded post.
>>
>>52379678
Java != Flash
>>
>>52380240
>python
>not oop

Are you retarded?
>>
>>52380240
>Python
>>not object oriented, but can use classes and such

bro are u dum
>>
>>52380240
Who are you quoting?

>Python
>>not object oriented, but can use classes and such
Do you even know what object orientation is?
>>
>>52380308
>>52380322
>>52380331
Relax, guys. It's clear he's really trying to fit in with the programmer crowd.

He's a CS or related field undergrad and probably can write a command-line calculator at least.
>>
But muh runescape bruhh
>>
Is there any Java OS still being updated and stuff? I want to try it.
>>
I haven't had Java installed on anything for longer than i haven't had flash installed on anything. I thought it already was dead.
>>
>>52380096
enjoy being pwned
>>
>>52380240
So instead you get

Java

>Slow as fuck
>less OO capabilities than C++
>almost as "hard" as C++
>C++ is hard
>>
>>52380949
http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/c++/I_did_it_for_you_all
>>
>>52380949
>slow as fuck
Kill yourself. The speed is comparable to C++.
>less OO capabilities than C++
What?
>almost as "hard" as C++
It's not
>>
You let it just run its course?

Oracle will fall, if the economy doesn't do it, the fact that people have money to break vendor lock-in will.

Also, never forget
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/212038-oracle-tells-its-customers-to-stop-analyzing-its-code-for-security-flaws
>>
>>52381198
>The speed is comparable to C++.
well meme'd and post instantly discarded
>>52381180
thats a ruse m8
>>
>>52379697
Maybe not, but Oracle is. It's even worse than that. It makes MS seem nice and altruistic in comparison. Anything Oracle has its hands in is worse off than before it stuck it's hands in there. Java, Solaris, and Virtual Box should be treated with the highest suspicion, and scorn. And it's not as if there are superior alternatives to all three, and anything else Oracle has to offer anyway.
>>
>>52382296
Don't forget the MySQL hostile takeover and the mess they made of the codebase trying to align it to it's own codebase.
>>
>>52379666
Kill Android
>>
>>52379666
3 Billion devices
B
I
L
L
I
O
N
>>
buy windows phones
>>
>>52382296
Let's not forget all of Sun's AMAZING hardware.

Holy shit, Sun was the greatest thing on the market.
Then came Oracle.
They really are a graveyard for good products. They buy things just so they can twist their necks.
>>
>>52380168
Huh?
>>
>>52380168
What is your problem with this? What evil things do you expect your customer to do? produce 500s by using your APIs wrong?
>>
>>52380614
Android :^)
>>
>>52380640
Most of the webapps Are written in Java, you are already using them.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.