[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to install themes Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Hey /g/

>Just installed Ubuntu
>I'd like to install this theme off GitHub
>https://github.com/horst3180/Arc-theme
>Can anyone help me?

Thanks, Linux NewFag
>>
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzQ5Mzc3NTQ5.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzQ5Mzc3NTQ5.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
your a complete dumb cunt figure it out for yourself
>>
>>52379513
> You're
>>
>>52379513

Don't spoonfeed...

Friendly Linux thread is that way ---->
>>
~$ git clone https://github.com/horst3180/arc-theme --depth 1 && cd arc-theme
~$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
~$ sudo make install

>RTFM
>>
>>52379493
ffs, it's got prebuilt packages

you literally double click the package
>>
>>52379542
So i just extract the zip on my desktop and run the command?
>>
>>52379493
it says it right there on github

Installation

Important: Remove all older versions of the theme from your system before you proceed any further.

sudo rm -rf /usr/share/themes/{Arc,Arc-Darker,Arc-Dark}
rm -rf ~/.local/share/themes/{Arc,Arc-Darker,Arc-Dark}
rm -rf ~/.themes/{Arc,Arc-Darker,Arc-Dark}
>>
>>52379553
>extract the zip
I guess you COULD also use the prebuild-packages, yes..
>>
>>52379562
>copying the part where it says "If you already have an older version installed"
>>
>>52379579
okay ive run the pre-build package for my OS, it ran all the commands and hasnt changed anything
>>
maybe loonix isn't for everyone.

just go back to whatever hell you were using before if you can't read you stupid cuck.
>>
>>52379955
That is weird that people lose ability to reading. But complains about that other people don't read books.
A bit philosophical.

>>52379493
Just GTFO from /g/ and search on google "How to install themes in linux ubuntu or whatever".
If you are not able to do something on your own by THINKING you should change OS to WinShit or MacFag.
>>
christ, you've made like 3 threads today prodding for info on this theme. Now you're telling me that you cant figure out how to apt-get arc
>>
>>52379493
Anon you really need to change the habit of Download+ Install
In linux we just type <packageManageName> -<installCommand> <packageName>
Anyways
http://www.noobslab.com/2015/08/arc-theme-comes-with-dark-light.html
also, google
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.