[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a Lumia 640. It's my first time using a Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
I just bought a Lumia 640. It's my first time using a Windows Phone.

What's
wrong with Windows Phone exactly?

I've had a wonderful experience with it so far. I have been able to find alternatives to all the apps I've used on Android and the interface is amazing.
>>
>>52378571
Nothing outside of the lack of support.
I heard some anon couldn't even get a decent IRC client.
>>
Dead platform, MS CEO practically confirmed it's dead.

They have been subsidizing hardware costs the entire time to try and grab marketshare. If they tried to sell them without losing money marketshare would fall to 0%
>>
>>52378612
MS CEO said they are trying to lower costs on their mobile front, not that it's dead. Their mobile front includes everything, even the tablets. There's still a lot of effort being funneled into the WP platform.
>>
Hey any of you Microsoft shills hiring? How much do they pay to pretend the windows phone wasn't an utter abortion?
>>
>>52378713
You need an invite, to become one. it is another great feature that MS got fro Android OEM.
>>
You need a developer license or you can't install "too many" non-store programs

It's like apple lite
>>
>windows store is terrible, for example searching for something general like music wouldn't get you a lot of music apps, basically searching for apps there is a nightmare

>windows store apps are lacking, which combined with the above makes it a huge problem

other than that, i really like it. i mean there are a few places where it shows that it's not mature yet but that's it, OS wise.
>>
>>52378676
At uni we got to ask a m$ rep some questions after a presentation.
>"where do you see the future of windows phones"
Basically the guy noted their super lack of apps and piss poor acceptance, while noting they're going to die off they take off very soon.
>>
Try to download file over wifi and the reach it withoud pdf reader. You'll see
>>
File: 1448111227574.jpg (81 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1448111227574.jpg
81 KB, 500x494
>>52378571
>>
>>52378571
Nothing is wrong with it...there just isn't anything interesting about it.its just one more boring ass slab of a smartphone. So if you've bought some Android or ios apps there's no compelling reason to switch really

Just more of the same as everything else.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.