[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought an HP Spectre x360. The return policy ends on friday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: hp-spectre-x360-09.jpg (49 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
hp-spectre-x360-09.jpg
49 KB, 770x433
I bought an HP Spectre x360. The return policy ends on friday and I'm not sure if I wanna take it back yet.

Pros:
>great battery life
>touchscreen is nice, haven't tried the HP Pen yet but it looks like it would be nice for graphic design
>backlit keys is GR8
>looks sleek and beautiful

Cons:
>Smudge marks out the ass on the screen, hard to get off
>huge trackpad, really annoying and gets in the way
>windows graphics drivers crashed on me like 5 times already browsing the Internet
> ridiculous trouble getting it to connect to my printer, used my mom's ~10 year laptop and it worked fine

What would /g/ do? It was $1000 and I'm still a wageslave so I'm thinking of returning it and just getting something cheap for now.
>>
Anyone else have this laptop?
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
I havve a question for you

Do you use it as tablet? How often
>>
>>52374219
>What would /g/ do?

Return it and buy a Macbook Air. Honestly, I don't get it. Why would you spend MBA money on a shitty Ultrabook? You know it's going to be a piece of shit. Look at it. They said, "Macbooks have better trackpads, we need a better trackpad!" So that trickled through some project manager, into engineering, and came back six months later as, "so we built that giant trackpad that you wanted." Congratulations, now you have a huge trackpad that still works like shit.
>>
>>52374543
>$3000 laptop
>1366x768 TN screen
>>
>>52374583
> >$3000 laptop

Wut.
>>
>>52374497
not often as a tablet, but i use the touchscreen often.

>>52374543
>thinking of returning it for something cheaper
>macbook air

lol i know theyre nice but i dont leave the house THAT often

i think i'm gonna get an old surface or something.
>>
>>52374219
>windows graphics drivers crashed on me like 5 times already browsing the Internet

I bought an HP x360 (not sure how different) at Best Buy but the same shit happened to me constantly. Eventually exchanged it for a new one because it would happen multiple times a day. New laptop ended up doing the same thing after a windows update (the harddrive sounded off compared to the first laptop too).

Ended up just getting a refund after noticing that the display model in the store was the only one that couldn't be powered on. So yes return that shit before its too late.
>>
>>52374823
yep, got it from best buy too lol. i work there and my coworkers in PC kept talking like it was "the best laptop we have"

i don't trust them for anything anymore, pretty sure they're just trying to make revenue off me lol
>>
>driver crash when browsing

Yes return it.
>>
>>52374823
>>52374860
Pretty much all new PCs with Broadwell or newer have these stupid issues, Intel 14nm is extremely unstable at the moment.
>>
>>52374219
>>huge trackpad, really annoying and gets in the way
"oh it can't be that bi.."
what the fuck hp
>>
i'm wiping the laptop rn to return it, anyone have any recs for under $500 laptops? good screen and backlit keys are main priority. was looking at an Asus Zenbook.
>>
>>52374952
>backlit keys are main priority
are you autism or something?
backlit keys are useless
>>
>>52375023
aesthetics are important, and i used it at night a lot. i guess its not a PRIORITY, but i don't like ugly ass laptops
>>
>>52375038
buy a macbook then
>>
>>52375047
2 spensive :(

otherwise i would
>>
return it
>>
>>52375061

poor AND a faggot.

Boy it must suck to be you.
>>
>>52375471
yeah, pretty much

paypal me money pls
>>
>>52375488
Sent. :^)
>>
>>52374727
>not often as a tablet,

Why
>>
>>52374904
This.

Also, the Dell xps 13 is a good choice, and you can get it in 4k touch screen. Go for last year's model if you need something stable.
>>
>>52375061
Asus zenbook 305 or something. Don't remember what it was called. It has a core m, like a Macbook, and good (non touch) display, 8 hour battery, thin and metal (so it looks good) and the rest of the specs are similar to the new Macbook. It costs like 700-800 bucks. I'd give it a try in your position.

Only thing is, no backlit keyboard.
>>
>>52374219
Responding to your thread on an HP Spectre x360.

You forgot to mention the keyboard having some really keypress resistance.
>>
>>52374219
>buying a consumer grade laptop
u fucked up m8. holy shit $1000
>>
>>52375887
i didnt like getting the keys on the table and scratching it. easier to just touch the screen

>>52375987
i'll search for a refurb one maybe, im looking more in the 500 range now. wanna save my money

>>52375988
yeah that was also pretty annoying. i only used it like 5 times though so i didnt notice it enough to post it

>>52376027
i know it was a mistake but it looked really nice lol. i returned it
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.