[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
z97 pc mate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 51D1eOJt-KL._SX425_.jpg (30 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
51D1eOJt-KL._SX425_.jpg
30 KB, 425x319
I kinda in a trouble. I brought z97 pc mate with i5- 4590 cpu. I'm getting no display. I look into and it needs a bios update. Since I have no display how can I do the bios update?
>>
Shit, i dunno. here a bump for you.
>>
why wouldnt it display anything, even without the bios update? do you have a graphics card you can connect the display to?
>>
>>52370505
I have the same motherboard and didnt have to do a bios update. Try using a dedicated (not onboard). GPU if you have one
>>
>Haswell refresh
That's trouble alright. Try a dedicated card. Otherwise you're fucked. I asked the store to update the BIOS for 10 bux for my motherboard just to be sure.
>>
>>52370624
I do not have a gpu with me but I brought to my +a Cisco class and my teacher doesn't even know to do it
>>
>>52370624
And when I put the gpu in I'm not display, so I tried on board gpu and it doesn't give me a display
>>
That's a Z97 board, it should support haswell refresh out of box.
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 787x830) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 787x830
MSI has a no CPU bios update process with a formatted flash drive.
>>
sounds like a dead board

that should support your CPU with no trouble.
>>
Did u plug processor power cable?
>>
Op here
I'm thinking I'm going return it and buy a new mobo. Any recommendations of lga 1150 atx mobos?
>>
>>52370581
Such a poet. *slowly claps*
>>
>>52371901
How much are you looking to spend?
I've got a Asus Z97-A and it's a wonderful board. If you're willing to spend I'd say get it.
>>
>>52370505
>z97
>i5- 4590
Why would you get a z motherboard for a locked cpu?
>>
>>52372122
LGA1150 K processors will become cheap with upcoming die shrink, same thing that happened after 1155
>>
>>52371901
I think you missed this post >>52371068
>>
>>52370697
Tell Chevy to fuck off
>>
>>52370505
Wait, you cant update BIOS with a USB with MSI motherboards?
>>
>>52370505
Is your monitor turned on plugged in and connected to your computer?
>>
>>52370505
Z97 boards don't need a BIOS update to work with Haswell-R. If it's not working, it's faulty and needs to be returned.
>>
>>52370505

RE-SEAT THE RAM. Like not even shitting you.
>>
>>52370505
Did you plug in both power connectors and use standoffs?

(Just about everyone forgets the 8-pin power connector on their first build. )
>>
>>52374964
Not really that outlandish considering the IGPU gets shared ram.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.