[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
js next level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: javascript-code.jpg (19 KB, 315x278) Image search: [Google]
javascript-code.jpg
19 KB, 315x278
just finished a js course on codeacademy. i guess it was only the basics. so can anyone advise me, where to take it further out?
>>
>>52367364
write a script to put a lodge a bullet deep into your brain, codemonkey
>>
Well what do you want to make? Or are you just learning shit to put on your CV?
>>
well no I find it interesting. just wanna make some sort of simple game. one of those stupid ones.
>>
First piece of advice: never listen to an instructor for webbdesign, 9/10 they use and teach old standards and ethics.

Do your work the way they want it, but don't use it in practice unless you can confirm its standard.

AND NEVER EVER FEEL BAD ABOUT USING A FRAMEWORK LIKE JQUERY OR OTHERS.
>>
>>52367489
Better look for a javascript game engine then (probably a 2d one I guess). I used Crafty a few years back which was okey but it's pretty dead now so I guess you have to look for something else (hint hint https://html5gameengine.com/ )
>>
>>52367575
I agree. I'm not sure if codecademy covers this, but you'll want to be familiar with object-oriented js, scopes, closures, and prototypes.
>>
Will I be able to find tutorials for those game engines
>>
Codeacademy, didn't cover that
>>
>>52367633
If you want to make something top notch maybe but for a beginner just fucking around with examples and taking parts of the code from it is a good way to learn imo, even if the resulting code will be a spaghetti mess.

>>52367672
Depends, if no tutorials are available the engine is probably shit and not worth bothering with.
>>
Codeacademy, didn't cover that..
>>
>>52367364
Node.js
>>
Have i kind of thrown myself into a education needed project
>>
>>>52367672
>Depends, if no tutorials are available the engine is probably shit and not worth bothering with.

What the fuck do you need a tutorial for? Just read the documentation.
>>
An*
>>
Would Unity5 be something?
>>
The next step is for you to go on your own path. Depends on what you want to make now, if it's websites, give JQuery a good go. Read one or two quick tutorials and then become friends with the documentation.

Games? Find an engine, and go wild.
>>
I got something called Construct 2, hope it works
>>
>>52367364
Learn node.js and the express framework. JS for server side. Kinda cool
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.